I've been doing my homework, and have decided to rent an apartment in central Rome for 8 days over Thanksgiving ... with my husband; my son, his wife, and the Princess Grand Baby, who will be 2 years plus change. Based on what we individually want to see, I figure we'll be tag-teaming the PGB and heading back to the apartment during the day for naps, some down-time, and if it's raining hard! I've got several apartments bookmarked in Trastevere (on the river, across from Tiber Island), Campo de Fiori, and Navona-Pantheon. Hard to tell from maps if areas are hilly but, having pushed strollers around San Francisco, I'd prefer a home base on flat ground. Would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations, other than pointing out that November is not a great month to be in Rome, apartments on the 9th floor don't necessarily have elevators, and that travelling with a 2-year old is madness ...
Good location in Rome, for a group with a 2-year old.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice in Jan
- 2 How early to get to CDG
- 3 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 4 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 5 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 6 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 7 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 8 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 9 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 10 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 11 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 14 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 15 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 16 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 17 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 18 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 19 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 20 Prague Main Train Station
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 23 woman dining alone in Barcelona: where to eat?
- 24 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 25 British drivers