I've been doing my homework, and have decided to rent an apartment in central Rome for 8 days over Thanksgiving ... with my husband; my son, his wife, and the Princess Grand Baby, who will be 2 years plus change. Based on what we individually want to see, I figure we'll be tag-teaming the PGB and heading back to the apartment during the day for naps, some down-time, and if it's raining hard! I've got several apartments bookmarked in Trastevere (on the river, across from Tiber Island), Campo de Fiori, and Navona-Pantheon. Hard to tell from maps if areas are hilly but, having pushed strollers around San Francisco, I'd prefer a home base on flat ground. Would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations, other than pointing out that November is not a great month to be in Rome, apartments on the 9th floor don't necessarily have elevators, and that travelling with a 2-year old is madness ...
Good location in Rome, for a group with a 2-year old.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 german rail ticket question
- 3 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 4 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 5 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 6 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 7 Madrid and London
- 8 Prague flea markets
- 9 Tipping in Greece
- 10 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 11 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 12 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 13 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 14 Timing a river cruise
- 15 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 16 Painting Classes at Giverny or surrounds in English please!
- 17 Norway Haugesund and Bergen photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 18 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 19 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 20 flea markets in France
- 21 I need a haircut
- 22 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 23 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 24 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 25 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??