I've been doing my homework, and have decided to rent an apartment in central Rome for 8 days over Thanksgiving ... with my husband; my son, his wife, and the Princess Grand Baby, who will be 2 years plus change. Based on what we individually want to see, I figure we'll be tag-teaming the PGB and heading back to the apartment during the day for naps, some down-time, and if it's raining hard! I've got several apartments bookmarked in Trastevere (on the river, across from Tiber Island), Campo de Fiori, and Navona-Pantheon. Hard to tell from maps if areas are hilly but, having pushed strollers around San Francisco, I'd prefer a home base on flat ground. Would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations, other than pointing out that November is not a great month to be in Rome, apartments on the 9th floor don't necessarily have elevators, and that travelling with a 2-year old is madness ...
Good location in Rome, for a group with a 2-year old.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 22 year olds in Europe
- 2 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 3 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 4 Granada
- 5 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 6 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 7 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 8 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 9 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 10 Coffee in Naples
- 11 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 12 A Sardinia trip report
- 13 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 14 First time Ireland trip
- 15 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 16 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 17 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 18 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 19 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 20 All Set To Go!!
- 21 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 22 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 23 Eastern Europe
- 24 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 25 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London