I've been doing my homework, and have decided to rent an apartment in central Rome for 8 days over Thanksgiving ... with my husband; my son, his wife, and the Princess Grand Baby, who will be 2 years plus change. Based on what we individually want to see, I figure we'll be tag-teaming the PGB and heading back to the apartment during the day for naps, some down-time, and if it's raining hard! I've got several apartments bookmarked in Trastevere (on the river, across from Tiber Island), Campo de Fiori, and Navona-Pantheon. Hard to tell from maps if areas are hilly but, having pushed strollers around San Francisco, I'd prefer a home base on flat ground. Would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations, other than pointing out that November is not a great month to be in Rome, apartments on the 9th floor don't necessarily have elevators, and that travelling with a 2-year old is madness ...
Good location in Rome, for a group with a 2-year old.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Snowboarding in Poland
- 2 Travel with Teens
- 3 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 4 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 5 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 6 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 7 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 8 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 9 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 10 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 11 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 12 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 13 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 14 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 15 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 16 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 17 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 18 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 19 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 20 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 21 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 22 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 23 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 24 Reims for a day
- 25 Airfare for summer travel to Europe