I've been doing my homework, and have decided to rent an apartment in central Rome for 8 days over Thanksgiving ... with my husband; my son, his wife, and the Princess Grand Baby, who will be 2 years plus change. Based on what we individually want to see, I figure we'll be tag-teaming the PGB and heading back to the apartment during the day for naps, some down-time, and if it's raining hard! I've got several apartments bookmarked in Trastevere (on the river, across from Tiber Island), Campo de Fiori, and Navona-Pantheon. Hard to tell from maps if areas are hilly but, having pushed strollers around San Francisco, I'd prefer a home base on flat ground. Would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations, other than pointing out that November is not a great month to be in Rome, apartments on the 9th floor don't necessarily have elevators, and that travelling with a 2-year old is madness ...
Good location in Rome, for a group with a 2-year old.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul Itinerary
- 2 Half Day tours with Alla Tour Company
- 3 Germany and Poland Itinerary - Would appreciate feedback
- 4 Bologna tips
- 5 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 6 Edinburgh - outings?
- 7 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 8 London and Where Else in late December?
- 9 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 10 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 11 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 12 What to wear
- 13 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 14 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 15 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 16 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 17 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 18 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 19 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 20 Madrid and London
- 21 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 22 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 23 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 24 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 25 Bologna airport to train to Florence