After a week in London, my family of four will be head to France for a week to visit the D-Day sites, Mont St Michel, and Paris. Our first day in France will be Good Friday and we will split our time evenly between the two areas. (We have been to Paris twice before, our main purpose is the D-Day sites this trip, but can't resist going to Paris for a few days - love it there.)
Is there any advantage/disadvantage to either area in terms of crowds and closings (of sites/museums or restaurants) over the four day period Good Friday - Easter Monday? Trying to decide where to start this portion of the trip.
Thanks for any advice!
Good Friday - Easter Monday: Paris or Normandy?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Art in Paris
- 2 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 3 Too many Trip Reports
- 4 Great London Bars with a view
- 5 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 6 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 7 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 8 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 9 I dream of Europe
- 10 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 11 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 12 Reykjavik hotels
- 13 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 14 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 15 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 16 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 17 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 18 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 19 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 20 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 21 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 22 Help with England/Wales tour
- 23 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 24 Hotels that we found special
- 25 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)