After a week in London, my family of four will be head to France for a week to visit the D-Day sites, Mont St Michel, and Paris. Our first day in France will be Good Friday and we will split our time evenly between the two areas. (We have been to Paris twice before, our main purpose is the D-Day sites this trip, but can't resist going to Paris for a few days - love it there.)
Is there any advantage/disadvantage to either area in terms of crowds and closings (of sites/museums or restaurants) over the four day period Good Friday - Easter Monday? Trying to decide where to start this portion of the trip.
Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is my Scotland itinerary doable?
- 2 Eating Our Way Through Paris...Again! Trip Report
- 3 English countryside help (Cotswolds and Bath?)
- 4 MaiTaiTom & PBS...Poldark & Chavenage House
- 5 5 days in Paris
- 6 Frankfurt to Munich - One day and night stop???
- 7 PAY ATTENTION AT TERMINI TRAIN STATION
- 8 Referendum in Greece
- 9 Reserving Trains During the Off-Season
- 10 Questions regarding currency exhange
- 11 Three girls in Naples
- 12 If Greece exits
- 13 Lovely naples
- 14 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 15 Palace Versaille - worth the lines ?
- 16 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 17 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 18 Italy
- 19 Drumroll....I finally decided on a Roman Hotel!
- 20 American Express card for car rental with AutoEurope or Kemwel?
- 21 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 22 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 23 Wurzburg, Heidelberg, or Frankfurt after leaving Rothenburg ob der Tauber?
- 24 Normandy Trip Report Day #1 of my Month Stay
- 25 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?