My hubby and I were considering of staying in Cinque Terre but after reading how packed it gets during summer season (we are going at the end of August), we are having second thoughts.
Can anyone else recommend other areas which would be good place to stay that are not as touristy but yet are full of charm, quaint, and have great food ?
We are flying in an out of Milan so trying to stay close enough and not venture too far South. I've heard Amalfi coast is amazing, but its too far south...
We only have a few days there because we are doing other locations (Tuscany and Switzerland)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 2 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 3 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 4 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 5 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 6 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 7 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 8 retruning to US with souveniers
- 9 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 12 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 13 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 14 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 15 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 16 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 17 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Help on ancient history route
- 20 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 21 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 22 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!