My hubby and I were considering of staying in Cinque Terre but after reading how packed it gets during summer season (we are going at the end of August), we are having second thoughts.
Can anyone else recommend other areas which would be good place to stay that are not as touristy but yet are full of charm, quaint, and have great food ?
We are flying in an out of Milan so trying to stay close enough and not venture too far South. I've heard Amalfi coast is amazing, but its too far south...
We only have a few days there because we are doing other locations (Tuscany and Switzerland)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 4 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 5 Trip suggestion
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 10 Back from Paris
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 13 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 14 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 17 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 18 International Flight Question
- 19 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 20 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 21 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 22 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 23 Luggage Storage
- 24 LIsbon
- 25 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?