We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. We spent four days doing our own walking tours and visited four musuems - Victoria & Albert, National Gallery, the Tate Modern and the British Museum. We took two one-day trips out of the city, one to Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge. The second day trip was to Warwick Castle, Stratford on Avon, the Cotswolds and Oxford. Enjoyed learning about the history and viewing the green countryside. The restaurant food in London, however, is expensive. So we found a few good inexpensive places to eat a couple of blocks away from our hotel, near the Queensway and Bayswater underground stops. Chinese - Oodle Noodle, Thai, and Indian.
Good and Cheap - restaurants on Queens Way in London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 2 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 3 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 4 London hotel
- 5 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Day trip from London to Paris
- 8 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 11 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 12 Welcome
- 13 Prague - Tram #22
- 14 hotels in Seville
- 15 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 16 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 17 Three days in Spain
- 18 Location of hotel in Rome
- 19 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 20 Need advice for this
- 21 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 22 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 23 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 24 one last portugal car rental question
- 25 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do