We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. We spent four days doing our own walking tours and visited four musuems - Victoria & Albert, National Gallery, the Tate Modern and the British Museum. We took two one-day trips out of the city, one to Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge. The second day trip was to Warwick Castle, Stratford on Avon, the Cotswolds and Oxford. Enjoyed learning about the history and viewing the green countryside. The restaurant food in London, however, is expensive. So we found a few good inexpensive places to eat a couple of blocks away from our hotel, near the Queensway and Bayswater underground stops. Chinese - Oodle Noodle, Thai, and Indian.
Good and Cheap - restaurants on Queens Way in London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 2 All Set To Go!!
- 3 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 4 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 5 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 6 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 7 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 8 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 9 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 10 22 year olds in Europe
- 11 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 12 Granada
- 13 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 14 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 15 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 16 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 17 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 18 Coffee in Naples
- 19 A Sardinia trip report
- 20 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 21 First time Ireland trip
- 22 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 23 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 24 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 25 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?