We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. We spent four days doing our own walking tours and visited four musuems - Victoria & Albert, National Gallery, the Tate Modern and the British Museum. We took two one-day trips out of the city, one to Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge. The second day trip was to Warwick Castle, Stratford on Avon, the Cotswolds and Oxford. Enjoyed learning about the history and viewing the green countryside. The restaurant food in London, however, is expensive. So we found a few good inexpensive places to eat a couple of blocks away from our hotel, near the Queensway and Bayswater underground stops. Chinese - Oodle Noodle, Thai, and Indian.
Good and Cheap - restaurants on Queens Way in London
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 2 Prague Main Train Station
- 3 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 4 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 5 Italian language schools
- 6 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 7 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 8 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 9 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 10 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Place to propose
- 13 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 14 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 15 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 16 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 17 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 18 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 19 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 20 Venice in Jan
- 21 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 22 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 23 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 24 Car rental - Orvieto or Rome
- 25 Best private transfer from Civitacchia port to rome airport