We would like to take the golden pass from Montreux to interlaken during July when it is crowded and hot. We would like to make sure we will sit where it is not hot, with air condition that works well or with a possibility to open windows.
I land in Geneva airport on 10:00 in the morning. I can see in SBB that from Geneva airport to Montreux there are trains in 11:24, 12:24 and 13:24.
There is regular train from Montreux on 12:44, GOLDEN PASS classic on 13:44 and GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC on 14:44. I have 4-5 minutes to switch trains in Montreux. We are coming with a luggage and I understood that in first class no storage space for luggage and that windows are little smaller in second class. We will have swiss pass.
Is it reasonable to reserve places in second class for the panoramic train on 14:44 ?
We can decide according to the heat on that day and status of the air condition if to take the regular train on 12:44 or wait for the panoramic on 14:44?
Is there a real difference between second and first class? I would like to reserve for the second becuase of the jass festival so won't left standing the whole way (or wait for another train).
What's your opinion?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Safe to Travel?
- 2 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance
- 3 Rotisserie Chicken on Paris
- 4 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 5 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 6 Charles de Gaulle airport: Speediest arrival and departure ever!
- 7 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 8 Car rental leaving Rome
- 9 Help needed for itinerary planning: Iceland
- 10 Ideas for Month in Germany
- 11 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 12 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 13 Boots for Christmastime in Germany?
- 14 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 15 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 16 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 17 Airfare from Boston to Rome
- 18 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 19 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 20 Hotel in Tenerife, Canary Islands
- 21 Why Not Helsinki?
- 22 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 23 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 24 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 25 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015