We would like to take the golden pass from Montreux to interlaken during July when it is crowded and hot. We would like to make sure we will sit where it is not hot, with air condition that works well or with a possibility to open windows.
I land in Geneva airport on 10:00 in the morning. I can see in SBB that from Geneva airport to Montreux there are trains in 11:24, 12:24 and 13:24.
There is regular train from Montreux on 12:44, GOLDEN PASS classic on 13:44 and GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC on 14:44. I have 4-5 minutes to switch trains in Montreux. We are coming with a luggage and I understood that in first class no storage space for luggage and that windows are little smaller in second class. We will have swiss pass.
Is it reasonable to reserve places in second class for the panoramic train on 14:44 ?
We can decide according to the heat on that day and status of the air condition if to take the regular train on 12:44 or wait for the panoramic on 14:44?
Is there a real difference between second and first class? I would like to reserve for the second becuase of the jass festival so won't left standing the whole way (or wait for another train).
What's your opinion?
Golden pass question
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, just arrived
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 3 Central London Hotels
- 4 First Trip to Europe
- 5 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 6 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 7 ITALY
- 8 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 9 Marmaris Hotel with ferry transfer
- 10 Globus Tours
- 11 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 12 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 13 Help for San Sebastian
- 14 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 15 3 days in Rome
- 16 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 17 2 Days in Rome
- 18 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 19 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 20 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city
- 21 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 22 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 23 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 24 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 25 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world