We would like to take the golden pass from Montreux to interlaken during July when it is crowded and hot. We would like to make sure we will sit where it is not hot, with air condition that works well or with a possibility to open windows.
I land in Geneva airport on 10:00 in the morning. I can see in SBB that from Geneva airport to Montreux there are trains in 11:24, 12:24 and 13:24.
There is regular train from Montreux on 12:44, GOLDEN PASS classic on 13:44 and GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC on 14:44. I have 4-5 minutes to switch trains in Montreux. We are coming with a luggage and I understood that in first class no storage space for luggage and that windows are little smaller in second class. We will have swiss pass.
Is it reasonable to reserve places in second class for the panoramic train on 14:44 ?
We can decide according to the heat on that day and status of the air condition if to take the regular train on 12:44 or wait for the panoramic on 14:44?
Is there a real difference between second and first class? I would like to reserve for the second becuase of the jass festival so won't left standing the whole way (or wait for another train).
What's your opinion?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 2 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 3 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 4 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 5 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 6 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 7 Andalucia Spain
- 8 Going to Paris for one day
- 9 Valencia Spain
- 10 Rome Water Shortage
- 11 Europe for Beginners
- 12 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 13 Getting around London
- 14 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 15 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 16 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 17 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 18 WWI sites
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Lake Como,Italy
- 22 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 23 Paris to Bordeaux
- 24 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 25 13 nights in switzerland