We would like to take the golden pass from Montreux to interlaken during July when it is crowded and hot. We would like to make sure we will sit where it is not hot, with air condition that works well or with a possibility to open windows.
I land in Geneva airport on 10:00 in the morning. I can see in SBB that from Geneva airport to Montreux there are trains in 11:24, 12:24 and 13:24.
There is regular train from Montreux on 12:44, GOLDEN PASS classic on 13:44 and GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC on 14:44. I have 4-5 minutes to switch trains in Montreux. We are coming with a luggage and I understood that in first class no storage space for luggage and that windows are little smaller in second class. We will have swiss pass.
Is it reasonable to reserve places in second class for the panoramic train on 14:44 ?
We can decide according to the heat on that day and status of the air condition if to take the regular train on 12:44 or wait for the panoramic on 14:44?
Is there a real difference between second and first class? I would like to reserve for the second becuase of the jass festival so won't left standing the whole way (or wait for another train).
What's your opinion?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 2 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 3 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 4 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 Cordoba Overnight?
- 7 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 8 mountain views near London
- 9 Garda Land
- 10 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 11 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 12 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 13 2 weeks Europe trip
- 14 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 15 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 16 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 17 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 18 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 19 12 days in and out of Barcelona-where to go?
- 20 Seville, Cordoba, Ronda, Granada Trip Report
- 21 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 22 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 23 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 25 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?