We would like to take the golden pass from Montreux to interlaken during July when it is crowded and hot. We would like to make sure we will sit where it is not hot, with air condition that works well or with a possibility to open windows.
I land in Geneva airport on 10:00 in the morning. I can see in SBB that from Geneva airport to Montreux there are trains in 11:24, 12:24 and 13:24.
There is regular train from Montreux on 12:44, GOLDEN PASS classic on 13:44 and GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC on 14:44. I have 4-5 minutes to switch trains in Montreux. We are coming with a luggage and I understood that in first class no storage space for luggage and that windows are little smaller in second class. We will have swiss pass.
Is it reasonable to reserve places in second class for the panoramic train on 14:44 ?
We can decide according to the heat on that day and status of the air condition if to take the regular train on 12:44 or wait for the panoramic on 14:44?
Is there a real difference between second and first class? I would like to reserve for the second becuase of the jass festival so won't left standing the whole way (or wait for another train).
What's your opinion?
Golden pass question
- 1 Parking in Florence, Italy
- 2 Norway experts needed.
- 3 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 4 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 5 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 6 Last monte Paris apartment
- 7 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 8 jungfraujoch mid june
- 9 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 10 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 11 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 12 Amalfi Coast and Transportation Help Needed
- 13 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 14 Nice
- 15 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 16 Cuenca or Toledo
- 17 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 18 Wimpy's
- 19 HELP stuck in Italy
- 20 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 21 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 22 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 23 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 24 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 25 ? re hotels in 5 terre