We would like to take the golden pass from Montreux to interlaken during July when it is crowded and hot. We would like to make sure we will sit where it is not hot, with air condition that works well or with a possibility to open windows.
I land in Geneva airport on 10:00 in the morning. I can see in SBB that from Geneva airport to Montreux there are trains in 11:24, 12:24 and 13:24.
There is regular train from Montreux on 12:44, GOLDEN PASS classic on 13:44 and GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC on 14:44. I have 4-5 minutes to switch trains in Montreux. We are coming with a luggage and I understood that in first class no storage space for luggage and that windows are little smaller in second class. We will have swiss pass.
Is it reasonable to reserve places in second class for the panoramic train on 14:44 ?
We can decide according to the heat on that day and status of the air condition if to take the regular train on 12:44 or wait for the panoramic on 14:44?
Is there a real difference between second and first class? I would like to reserve for the second becuase of the jass festival so won't left standing the whole way (or wait for another train).
What's your opinion?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 2 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 3 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 4 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 5 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 6 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 7 Suggest Itinerary for 2 Nights in Lake District - Grasmere
- 8 Emergencies in Ireland
- 9 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 10 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 11 Boat hire in Arcachon
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 Food in Positano
- 14 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 Edinburgh to Skye
- 17 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 18 4 days itinerary for France
- 19 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 20 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 21 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 22 3 weeks in Spain
- 23 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 24 Rent a car in England
- 25 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?