We would like to take the golden pass from Montreux to interlaken during July when it is crowded and hot. We would like to make sure we will sit where it is not hot, with air condition that works well or with a possibility to open windows.
I land in Geneva airport on 10:00 in the morning. I can see in SBB that from Geneva airport to Montreux there are trains in 11:24, 12:24 and 13:24.
There is regular train from Montreux on 12:44, GOLDEN PASS classic on 13:44 and GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC on 14:44. I have 4-5 minutes to switch trains in Montreux. We are coming with a luggage and I understood that in first class no storage space for luggage and that windows are little smaller in second class. We will have swiss pass.
Is it reasonable to reserve places in second class for the panoramic train on 14:44 ?
We can decide according to the heat on that day and status of the air condition if to take the regular train on 12:44 or wait for the panoramic on 14:44?
Is there a real difference between second and first class? I would like to reserve for the second becuase of the jass festival so won't left standing the whole way (or wait for another train).
What's your opinion?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid food advice needed
- 2 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 3 Which area to stay in London
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 6 Algarve - is it for me?
- 7 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 8 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 9 Itinery help Crete
- 10 Naples + Walking Tour
- 11 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 12 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 13 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 14 TIM in FCO - update
- 15 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 16 16 days in France and Italy
- 17 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 18 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 20 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 21 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 22 Iceland trip report!
- 23 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Germany/Switzerland Help