We would like to take the golden pass from Montreux to interlaken during July when it is crowded and hot. We would like to make sure we will sit where it is not hot, with air condition that works well or with a possibility to open windows.
I land in Geneva airport on 10:00 in the morning. I can see in SBB that from Geneva airport to Montreux there are trains in 11:24, 12:24 and 13:24.
There is regular train from Montreux on 12:44, GOLDEN PASS classic on 13:44 and GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC on 14:44. I have 4-5 minutes to switch trains in Montreux. We are coming with a luggage and I understood that in first class no storage space for luggage and that windows are little smaller in second class. We will have swiss pass.
Is it reasonable to reserve places in second class for the panoramic train on 14:44 ?
We can decide according to the heat on that day and status of the air condition if to take the regular train on 12:44 or wait for the panoramic on 14:44?
Is there a real difference between second and first class? I would like to reserve for the second becuase of the jass festival so won't left standing the whole way (or wait for another train).
What's your opinion?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 2 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 3 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 4 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 5 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 6 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 7 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 8 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 9 December in Deutschland
- 10 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 11 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 12 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 13 cash or plastic in Greece
- 14 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 15 Rome and Venice in December
- 16 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 17 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 18 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 19 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 20 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 21 planning confusion
- 22 Costa Brava/Girona vs. Dali Museum/Girona Tours With Spanish Trails
- 23 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 24 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 25 Dublin transportation help