We would like to take the golden pass from Montreux to interlaken during July when it is crowded and hot. We would like to make sure we will sit where it is not hot, with air condition that works well or with a possibility to open windows.
I land in Geneva airport on 10:00 in the morning. I can see in SBB that from Geneva airport to Montreux there are trains in 11:24, 12:24 and 13:24.
There is regular train from Montreux on 12:44, GOLDEN PASS classic on 13:44 and GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC on 14:44. I have 4-5 minutes to switch trains in Montreux. We are coming with a luggage and I understood that in first class no storage space for luggage and that windows are little smaller in second class. We will have swiss pass.
Is it reasonable to reserve places in second class for the panoramic train on 14:44 ?
We can decide according to the heat on that day and status of the air condition if to take the regular train on 12:44 or wait for the panoramic on 14:44?
Is there a real difference between second and first class? I would like to reserve for the second becuase of the jass festival so won't left standing the whole way (or wait for another train).
What's your opinion?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 2 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 3 Is 2hr25m layover enough to collect and recheck baggage?
- 4 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 5 Italy trains question
- 6 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 7 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 8 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 9 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 10 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 11 Iceland in July
- 12 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 13 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 14 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 15 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 16 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 17 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 18 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 19 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 20 Le Marche, Italy
- 21 Seville Itinerary
- 22 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 23 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 24 La Cite du Vin, has anyone visited ?
- 25 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam