We would like to take the golden pass from Montreux to interlaken during July when it is crowded and hot. We would like to make sure we will sit where it is not hot, with air condition that works well or with a possibility to open windows.
I land in Geneva airport on 10:00 in the morning. I can see in SBB that from Geneva airport to Montreux there are trains in 11:24, 12:24 and 13:24.
There is regular train from Montreux on 12:44, GOLDEN PASS classic on 13:44 and GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC on 14:44. I have 4-5 minutes to switch trains in Montreux. We are coming with a luggage and I understood that in first class no storage space for luggage and that windows are little smaller in second class. We will have swiss pass.
Is it reasonable to reserve places in second class for the panoramic train on 14:44 ?
We can decide according to the heat on that day and status of the air condition if to take the regular train on 12:44 or wait for the panoramic on 14:44?
Is there a real difference between second and first class? I would like to reserve for the second becuase of the jass festival so won't left standing the whole way (or wait for another train).
What's your opinion?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Never Mind"
- 2 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 5 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 6 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 7 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 8 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 9 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 10 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 11 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal
- 12 Killarney
- 13 Cornwall Advice
- 14 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 15 Florence Travel Guide
- 16 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 17 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 18 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 19 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 20 Rome Advice?
- 21 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 22 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 23 Italian lakes
- 24 Via del Sale, Italy
- 25 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?