We would like to take the golden pass from Montreux to interlaken during July when it is crowded and hot. We would like to make sure we will sit where it is not hot, with air condition that works well or with a possibility to open windows.
I land in Geneva airport on 10:00 in the morning. I can see in SBB that from Geneva airport to Montreux there are trains in 11:24, 12:24 and 13:24.
There is regular train from Montreux on 12:44, GOLDEN PASS classic on 13:44 and GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC on 14:44. I have 4-5 minutes to switch trains in Montreux. We are coming with a luggage and I understood that in first class no storage space for luggage and that windows are little smaller in second class. We will have swiss pass.
Is it reasonable to reserve places in second class for the panoramic train on 14:44 ?
We can decide according to the heat on that day and status of the air condition if to take the regular train on 12:44 or wait for the panoramic on 14:44?
Is there a real difference between second and first class? I would like to reserve for the second becuase of the jass festival so won't left standing the whole way (or wait for another train).
What's your opinion?
Golden pass question
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 2 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 3 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 4 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 He said , she said
- 7 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 8 Augsburg with kids
- 9 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 10 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 11 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 12 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 13 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 14 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 15 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 16 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 17 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 18 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 19 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 20 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 21 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 22 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 23 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 24 Toulouse and beyond -
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid