We would like to take the golden pass from Montreux to interlaken during July when it is crowded and hot. We would like to make sure we will sit where it is not hot, with air condition that works well or with a possibility to open windows.
I land in Geneva airport on 10:00 in the morning. I can see in SBB that from Geneva airport to Montreux there are trains in 11:24, 12:24 and 13:24.
There is regular train from Montreux on 12:44, GOLDEN PASS classic on 13:44 and GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC on 14:44. I have 4-5 minutes to switch trains in Montreux. We are coming with a luggage and I understood that in first class no storage space for luggage and that windows are little smaller in second class. We will have swiss pass.
Is it reasonable to reserve places in second class for the panoramic train on 14:44 ?
We can decide according to the heat on that day and status of the air condition if to take the regular train on 12:44 or wait for the panoramic on 14:44?
Is there a real difference between second and first class? I would like to reserve for the second becuase of the jass festival so won't left standing the whole way (or wait for another train).
What's your opinion?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bath or Exeter
- 2 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 3 Just Us 2 Wedding and 2 Wks in Europe. We need help planning please!
- 4 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 5 Lost in venice
- 6 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 7 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 8 air conditioning
- 9 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 10 railfrom amstedam to reims fr
- 11 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 12 Backpacking Europe with my Bestfriend (18yo f)
- 13 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 14 Where to stay between Galway & Killarney
- 15 Interlaken, hotel and day hikes
- 16 Barcelona Itinerary
- 17 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
- 18 Munich to Milan via train
- 19 Hotels in Barcelona
- 20 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 21 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 22 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 23 Self-driving in Iceland
- 24 Obtaining Swiss francs in Switzerland
- 25 Metro tickets in Paris