I'm finally going to Europe (Italy) for the first time at 45 years old! My parents are treating my two sisters and me to the trip of a lifetime, (we're leaving husbands and children at home - guilt).
We're flying into Milan and touring Tuscany for two weeks. My question is, do we have time to visit Switzerland for a couple days at the beginning or end of our trip? We'd like to explore, eat and shop in a few old villages. I'd love to see the scenes and drive along Lake Como but my mother's done that and said she'll never drive on that road again, (afraid of heights - but loves the Alps - go figure! What is the best way to get there and where do you suggest we go? Would love to get a sense of old world Switzerland. Any suggestions would be so appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 3 Switzerland in November?
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 6 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 9 Places of interest
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 A Month stay in Southern France
- 12 vienna
- 13 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 14 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 15 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 16 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 19 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 20 Oxford England Accommodations
- 21 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 22 Croatia transportation question.
- 23 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 24 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 25 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but