I'm finally going to Europe (Italy) for the first time at 45 years old! My parents are treating my two sisters and me to the trip of a lifetime, (we're leaving husbands and children at home - guilt).
We're flying into Milan and touring Tuscany for two weeks. My question is, do we have time to visit Switzerland for a couple days at the beginning or end of our trip? We'd like to explore, eat and shop in a few old villages. I'd love to see the scenes and drive along Lake Como but my mother's done that and said she'll never drive on that road again, (afraid of heights - but loves the Alps - go figure! What is the best way to get there and where do you suggest we go? Would love to get a sense of old world Switzerland. Any suggestions would be so appreciated.
Going to Italy with my 2 sisters and parents, yikes!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 2 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 3 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 4 Europe in 21 days
- 5 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 6 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 7 Street food in Turkey
- 8 Dublin Hostels
- 9 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 10 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 11 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 12 Spain Questions
- 13 9 days in turkey
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 16 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 17 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 18 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 19 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 20 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 21 Mont St Michel
- 22 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 23 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 24 Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?
- 25 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?