I'm finally going to Europe (Italy) for the first time at 45 years old! My parents are treating my two sisters and me to the trip of a lifetime, (we're leaving husbands and children at home - guilt).
We're flying into Milan and touring Tuscany for two weeks. My question is, do we have time to visit Switzerland for a couple days at the beginning or end of our trip? We'd like to explore, eat and shop in a few old villages. I'd love to see the scenes and drive along Lake Como but my mother's done that and said she'll never drive on that road again, (afraid of heights - but loves the Alps - go figure! What is the best way to get there and where do you suggest we go? Would love to get a sense of old world Switzerland. Any suggestions would be so appreciated.
Going to Italy with my 2 sisters and parents, yikes!
- 1 Taxi to CDG
- 2 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 3 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 4 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 5 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 6 Need help w/last minute change in plans--Chamonix or Zermatt June 13th
- 7 Need some help credit card for hotels in italy
- 8 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 9 Olive Oil Tasting in Tuscany
- 10 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 11 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 12 May 25, 2013: Being tourists and finding festivals
- 13 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)
- 14 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 15 First time student to Europe- Need help with ticket purchase and itinerary
- 16 2 days to get from Paris to Rome
- 17 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 18 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 19 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 20 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 21 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 22 Turkey - through the back doors of Truckstops and Business Hotels...
- 23 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 24 Tolls on Grossglockner Alpine Road
- 25 Air show in Paris, what to expect