Fiance and I are going to Istanbul for one of our honeymoon stops in October. We are interested in taking a cruise along the Bosphorus, but I am wondering if it will be possible for me to get off on the Asian side? I am in a small, manual wheelchair and am unable to climb steps (less than 3 is not a problem). I can't find a lot of information about what that side is like and from pictures in Google images it looks like there are steps all over the place. Any suggestions? We are pretty adventurous, but realistically should we bother with this? Even if we can only explore a small portion this is fine with us as I am used to having to sacrifice certain sights during our travels.
Any advice is very much appreciated!!! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 2 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 3 Rue des Rosiers
- 4 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 5 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 6 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 7 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 8 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 9 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 10 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 11 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 12 Car Rental in Italy
- 13 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 14 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 15 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 16 First Trip to Europe!
- 17 Paris Under Seige...
- 18 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 19 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 20 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 21 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 22 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 23 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 24 Hamam Istanbul?
- 25 Belgium : a asfe country
Going to Istanbul - will crossing to the Asian side be possible for me?