Fiance and I are going to Istanbul for one of our honeymoon stops in October. We are interested in taking a cruise along the Bosphorus, but I am wondering if it will be possible for me to get off on the Asian side? I am in a small, manual wheelchair and am unable to climb steps (less than 3 is not a problem). I can't find a lot of information about what that side is like and from pictures in Google images it looks like there are steps all over the place. Any suggestions? We are pretty adventurous, but realistically should we bother with this? Even if we can only explore a small portion this is fine with us as I am used to having to sacrifice certain sights during our travels.
Any advice is very much appreciated!!! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 2 Germany or Sweden
- 3 Trains in Italy
- 4 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 5 November in Rome
- 6 Alitala
- 7 Whathello Paris
- 8 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 9 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 10 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 11 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 14 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 17 Rome -- The next time around
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 20 London vacation rental agency
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 23 Campania in June, July, September
- 24 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 25 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
Going to Istanbul - will crossing to the Asian side be possible for me?