I will be visiting France for 2 weeks. I am starting my journey with 3 days in Paris...after which i am proceeding to avignon ( 1 night ) .....to provence ( 2 nights ) ...nice ( 3 nights ) ...Lyon ( 1 night ) ...back to Paris ( 3 nights) . I am not sure if I should buy the rail pass or point to point ticket. We are a group of 3 ...2 senior citzens ad 1 in our fifties. WOuld a point to point ticket be cheaper or a rail pass . If it is a railpass.. how many days willvbe appropriate. From Paris...Iwould like to do day trips to the loire valey and perhaps Normandy. Can anyone helped and advise me on te route and the train tickets? For reservation , how much more do I hav pay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 2 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 3 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 4 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 5 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 6 House Hunting in France
- 7 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 8 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 9 Sicily
- 10 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 11 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 12 Hotel in Vienna
- 13 If you had to choose one......
- 14 Car rental from Barcelona
- 15 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 16 Itinerary Tweaking
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 21 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Ireland in April
- 24 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 25 UK in July -- early planning stages