My 11 yr old son, OH and I will be in Bilbao on Fri 26 Oct to 30 Oct 2012. Due to my ignorance and lack of knowledge of Spanish geography, I had booked to go to Bilbao thinking it will be warmer than the UK (never been to Spain before). It's only after booking the tickets and hotel, I read on the internet that Bilbao is in northern Spain and the weather will be like Ireland! Imagine my dismay; going from 1 wet place to another. However, I very quickly perked up and got very excited when I read about Bilbao and San Sebastian's (an hour's bus journey away) famed pintxos. Can't afford the michelin star dining. I love eating. Can't wait to go there now.
Reading some of the Bilbao postings, I gather Sunday is a slow day and may not be a good day for dining as quite a number of places may be closed. If that is the case, should I spend the day, Sun 28 Oct 2012 in San Sebastian or is it the same situation ie. most pintxos restaurants will be closed. Is it better to go to San Sebastian on Monday 29 Oct 2012 instead?
My 11 year old was happy when I told him we are going on an eating holiday; not a sightseeing holiday. I presume it is ok for him to go in to a pintxos bar with us ie. no restrictions because of alcohol.
As an aside, can anyone recommend what/where I can take my 11 year old? He loves planes.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 2 First time in London
- 3 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 4 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 5 Self drive tour companies
- 6 scotland
- 7 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Ischia
- 10 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 11 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 12 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 13 Barcelona
- 14 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 15 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 16 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 17 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 18 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 19 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 20 No Periods in British Written English!
- 21 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 25 Dinner get-together in Paris?