My 11 yr old son, OH and I will be in Bilbao on Fri 26 Oct to 30 Oct 2012. Due to my ignorance and lack of knowledge of Spanish geography, I had booked to go to Bilbao thinking it will be warmer than the UK (never been to Spain before). It's only after booking the tickets and hotel, I read on the internet that Bilbao is in northern Spain and the weather will be like Ireland! Imagine my dismay; going from 1 wet place to another. However, I very quickly perked up and got very excited when I read about Bilbao and San Sebastian's (an hour's bus journey away) famed pintxos. Can't afford the michelin star dining. I love eating. Can't wait to go there now.
Reading some of the Bilbao postings, I gather Sunday is a slow day and may not be a good day for dining as quite a number of places may be closed. If that is the case, should I spend the day, Sun 28 Oct 2012 in San Sebastian or is it the same situation ie. most pintxos restaurants will be closed. Is it better to go to San Sebastian on Monday 29 Oct 2012 instead?
My 11 year old was happy when I told him we are going on an eating holiday; not a sightseeing holiday. I presume it is ok for him to go in to a pintxos bar with us ie. no restrictions because of alcohol.
As an aside, can anyone recommend what/where I can take my 11 year old? He loves planes.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 2 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 3 Verona and Lake Garda
- 4 20 Days in Europe
- 5 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 6 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 7 Andalucia in December
- 8 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 9 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 10 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 11 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 12 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 13 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 14 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 15 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 16 4 days in switzerland
- 17 European Cooking Secrets
- 18 Basque country ideas
- 19 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 20 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 21 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 22 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 23 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 24 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 25 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!