My 11 yr old son, OH and I will be in Bilbao on Fri 26 Oct to 30 Oct 2012. Due to my ignorance and lack of knowledge of Spanish geography, I had booked to go to Bilbao thinking it will be warmer than the UK (never been to Spain before). It's only after booking the tickets and hotel, I read on the internet that Bilbao is in northern Spain and the weather will be like Ireland! Imagine my dismay; going from 1 wet place to another. However, I very quickly perked up and got very excited when I read about Bilbao and San Sebastian's (an hour's bus journey away) famed pintxos. Can't afford the michelin star dining. I love eating. Can't wait to go there now.
Reading some of the Bilbao postings, I gather Sunday is a slow day and may not be a good day for dining as quite a number of places may be closed. If that is the case, should I spend the day, Sun 28 Oct 2012 in San Sebastian or is it the same situation ie. most pintxos restaurants will be closed. Is it better to go to San Sebastian on Monday 29 Oct 2012 instead?
My 11 year old was happy when I told him we are going on an eating holiday; not a sightseeing holiday. I presume it is ok for him to go in to a pintxos bar with us ie. no restrictions because of alcohol.
As an aside, can anyone recommend what/where I can take my 11 year old? He loves planes.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 2 Drinks in Spain
- 3 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 4 12 days europe
- 5 Beaches in Southern France
- 6 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 7 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 8 Norfolk base
- 9 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 10 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 11 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 12 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 13 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 14 Spain Itinerary Help
- 15 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 16 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 17 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 18 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 19 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 20 Ali
- 21 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 22 Gelato course in Rome?
- 23 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 24 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 25 Too much for one day?