My 11 yr old son, OH and I will be in Bilbao on Fri 26 Oct to 30 Oct 2012. Due to my ignorance and lack of knowledge of Spanish geography, I had booked to go to Bilbao thinking it will be warmer than the UK (never been to Spain before). It's only after booking the tickets and hotel, I read on the internet that Bilbao is in northern Spain and the weather will be like Ireland! Imagine my dismay; going from 1 wet place to another. However, I very quickly perked up and got very excited when I read about Bilbao and San Sebastian's (an hour's bus journey away) famed pintxos. Can't afford the michelin star dining. I love eating. Can't wait to go there now.
Reading some of the Bilbao postings, I gather Sunday is a slow day and may not be a good day for dining as quite a number of places may be closed. If that is the case, should I spend the day, Sun 28 Oct 2012 in San Sebastian or is it the same situation ie. most pintxos restaurants will be closed. Is it better to go to San Sebastian on Monday 29 Oct 2012 instead?
My 11 year old was happy when I told him we are going on an eating holiday; not a sightseeing holiday. I presume it is ok for him to go in to a pintxos bar with us ie. no restrictions because of alcohol.
As an aside, can anyone recommend what/where I can take my 11 year old? He loves planes.
Thanks in advance.
Go to San Sebastian on Sunday or Monday?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 2 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 3 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 4 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 5 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 6 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 7 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 8 Hotel in Rome?
- 9 Ukraine: witch-hunt has begun
- 10 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 11 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 12 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 13 Favorite hotels
- 14 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 15 Late night dinner in Menton?
- 16 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 17 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 18 Passport Delays
- 19 Travel to Romania Transilvania Tours
- 20 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 21 Message for Ackislander
- 22 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 23 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 24 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 25 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)