My 11 yr old son, OH and I will be in Bilbao on Fri 26 Oct to 30 Oct 2012. Due to my ignorance and lack of knowledge of Spanish geography, I had booked to go to Bilbao thinking it will be warmer than the UK (never been to Spain before). It's only after booking the tickets and hotel, I read on the internet that Bilbao is in northern Spain and the weather will be like Ireland! Imagine my dismay; going from 1 wet place to another. However, I very quickly perked up and got very excited when I read about Bilbao and San Sebastian's (an hour's bus journey away) famed pintxos. Can't afford the michelin star dining. I love eating. Can't wait to go there now.
Reading some of the Bilbao postings, I gather Sunday is a slow day and may not be a good day for dining as quite a number of places may be closed. If that is the case, should I spend the day, Sun 28 Oct 2012 in San Sebastian or is it the same situation ie. most pintxos restaurants will be closed. Is it better to go to San Sebastian on Monday 29 Oct 2012 instead?
My 11 year old was happy when I told him we are going on an eating holiday; not a sightseeing holiday. I presume it is ok for him to go in to a pintxos bar with us ie. no restrictions because of alcohol.
As an aside, can anyone recommend what/where I can take my 11 year old? He loves planes.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 2 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 3 please revew provence agenda
- 4 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 5 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 6 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 7 Age limitation for car rental
- 8 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 9 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 10 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 11 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 12 Another strike in France : 3-5 june, airports
- 13 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 14 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 15 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 16 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 17 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 18 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 19 When and how to book for a trip?
- 20 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 21 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 22 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 23 Prague & Croatia
- 24 Ferries from London To Normandy Beaches; biking through Formigny-Bayeux
- 25 3 week backing packing trip