My 11 yr old son, OH and I will be in Bilbao on Fri 26 Oct to 30 Oct 2012. Due to my ignorance and lack of knowledge of Spanish geography, I had booked to go to Bilbao thinking it will be warmer than the UK (never been to Spain before). It's only after booking the tickets and hotel, I read on the internet that Bilbao is in northern Spain and the weather will be like Ireland! Imagine my dismay; going from 1 wet place to another. However, I very quickly perked up and got very excited when I read about Bilbao and San Sebastian's (an hour's bus journey away) famed pintxos. Can't afford the michelin star dining. I love eating. Can't wait to go there now.
Reading some of the Bilbao postings, I gather Sunday is a slow day and may not be a good day for dining as quite a number of places may be closed. If that is the case, should I spend the day, Sun 28 Oct 2012 in San Sebastian or is it the same situation ie. most pintxos restaurants will be closed. Is it better to go to San Sebastian on Monday 29 Oct 2012 instead?
My 11 year old was happy when I told him we are going on an eating holiday; not a sightseeing holiday. I presume it is ok for him to go in to a pintxos bar with us ie. no restrictions because of alcohol.
As an aside, can anyone recommend what/where I can take my 11 year old? He loves planes.
Thanks in advance.
Go to San Sebastian on Sunday or Monday?
- 1 Germany and Italy
- 2 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 3 Changing of the Guard
- 4 Which tour company would be best?
- 5 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 6 WWI Battlefield Tours
- 7 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 8 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 9 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 10 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 11 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 12 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 13 London Evening Activity
- 14 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 15 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 16 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 17 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 18 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 19 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 20 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 21 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 22 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 23 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 24 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 25 Best way to get from Malaga to Gibraltar to Ceuta, Morocco?