My 11 yr old son, OH and I will be in Bilbao on Fri 26 Oct to 30 Oct 2012. Due to my ignorance and lack of knowledge of Spanish geography, I had booked to go to Bilbao thinking it will be warmer than the UK (never been to Spain before). It's only after booking the tickets and hotel, I read on the internet that Bilbao is in northern Spain and the weather will be like Ireland! Imagine my dismay; going from 1 wet place to another. However, I very quickly perked up and got very excited when I read about Bilbao and San Sebastian's (an hour's bus journey away) famed pintxos. Can't afford the michelin star dining. I love eating. Can't wait to go there now.
Reading some of the Bilbao postings, I gather Sunday is a slow day and may not be a good day for dining as quite a number of places may be closed. If that is the case, should I spend the day, Sun 28 Oct 2012 in San Sebastian or is it the same situation ie. most pintxos restaurants will be closed. Is it better to go to San Sebastian on Monday 29 Oct 2012 instead?
My 11 year old was happy when I told him we are going on an eating holiday; not a sightseeing holiday. I presume it is ok for him to go in to a pintxos bar with us ie. no restrictions because of alcohol.
As an aside, can anyone recommend what/where I can take my 11 year old? He loves planes.
Thanks in advance.
Go to San Sebastian on Sunday or Monday?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with 2 for 1 offers in London
- 2 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 3 Land tour o fGermany, Switzerland, Austria VS. river boat trip
- 4 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 5 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 6 North Italy - need itinerary help please!
- 7 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 8 Walking in Oslo
- 9 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 10 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 11 week in calabria
- 12 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 13 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 14 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 15 3 days in Rome
- 16 London hotel tax is 20%
- 17 travel to western Europe from India
- 18 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?
- 19 Paris Hidden Railway
- 20 How to Use a Transilien Train from Paris in Ile de France?
- 21 Northern Spain
- 22 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 23 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 24 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 25 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please