Does anyone have any experience with gluten-free eating in Spain (or elsewhere in Europe if Spain is unrealistic). My wife, who has celiac disease and must avoid even minuscule traces of gluten, dream of spending a month or two somewhere in southern Spain (or elsewhere) next winter but worry about the lack of options in restaurants, certainly, but also the availability of safe foods in grocery stores or markets, especially in non-metro areas. Is this dream realistic for people who must (unfortunately) be militaristic about the foods they eat? All informed insights and advice appreciated ... locales, experiences, resources, etc. Thank you!
Gluten free options in Spain?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Too many Trip Reports
- 2 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 3 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 4 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 5 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 6 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 7 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 8 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 9 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 10 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 11 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 12 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 13 Help with England/Wales tour
- 14 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 15 Reykjavik hotels
- 16 Hotels that we found special
- 17 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 18 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 19 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 20 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 21 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 22 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 23 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 24 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 25 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel