Does anyone have any experience with gluten-free eating in Spain (or elsewhere in Europe if Spain is unrealistic). My wife, who has celiac disease and must avoid even minuscule traces of gluten, dream of spending a month or two somewhere in southern Spain (or elsewhere) next winter but worry about the lack of options in restaurants, certainly, but also the availability of safe foods in grocery stores or markets, especially in non-metro areas. Is this dream realistic for people who must (unfortunately) be militaristic about the foods they eat? All informed insights and advice appreciated ... locales, experiences, resources, etc. Thank you!
Gluten free options in Spain?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 2 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 3 Best beach town in Italy?
- 4 Italy and Croatia
- 5 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 6 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 7 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 8 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 9 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 10 Five nights in Extremadura
- 11 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 12 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 13 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 14 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 15 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 16 trip to norway
- 17 Is Venice really dirty?
- 18 Where to go in France mid July?
- 19 Help with England/Wales tour
- 20 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 21 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 22 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 23 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 24 Cotswold Churches
- 25 A Greek sojourn