Does anyone have any experience with gluten-free eating in Spain (or elsewhere in Europe if Spain is unrealistic). My wife, who has celiac disease and must avoid even minuscule traces of gluten, dream of spending a month or two somewhere in southern Spain (or elsewhere) next winter but worry about the lack of options in restaurants, certainly, but also the availability of safe foods in grocery stores or markets, especially in non-metro areas. Is this dream realistic for people who must (unfortunately) be militaristic about the foods they eat? All informed insights and advice appreciated ... locales, experiences, resources, etc. Thank you!
Gluten free options in Spain?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany-berlin marathon
- 2 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 3 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 4 museum passes in Rome
- 5 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 6 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 7 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 8 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 9 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 10 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 11 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 12 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 13 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 14 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 15 Estonia Amber
- 16 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 17 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 18 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 19 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 20 UK for 12 days !
- 21 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 22 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 23 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 24 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 25 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?