We will be in Glasgow for two nights in late June, ending our two-week trip to England and Scotland. Our last full day in Britain will be on a Rabbies tour of Oban and the Highlands before we fly back home the following morning.
I’m seeking dining suggestions for these two Glasgow nights. Before our arrival in Glasgow we will have stayed two nights at Traquair house near Innerleithen, but that’s the only exposure to Scottish dining during our trip until we reach Glasgow.
We’re not looking for Michelin places. Rather enjoy pubs, locally owned restaurants, also enjoy South Asian food. We’re staying at the Premier Inn on West Nile St. and we would prefer to walk (30 minutes or so from the hotel is fine), not take cabs. (Unless the best Scottish pub in the world is a cab ride from West Nile Street, then we’ll do it!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Avoid Europcar!
- 3 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 4 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 5 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 6 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 7 Naples + Walking Tour
- 8 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 9 16 days in France and Italy
- 10 Paris for children
- 11 Madrid food advice needed
- 12 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 13 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 14 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 15 Couscous
- 16 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 18 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 19 IWM
- 20 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 21 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 22 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 23 One July night in Verona - help!
- 24 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 25 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?