We will be in Glasgow for two nights in late June, ending our two-week trip to England and Scotland. Our last full day in Britain will be on a Rabbies tour of Oban and the Highlands before we fly back home the following morning.
I’m seeking dining suggestions for these two Glasgow nights. Before our arrival in Glasgow we will have stayed two nights at Traquair house near Innerleithen, but that’s the only exposure to Scottish dining during our trip until we reach Glasgow.
We’re not looking for Michelin places. Rather enjoy pubs, locally owned restaurants, also enjoy South Asian food. We’re staying at the Premier Inn on West Nile St. and we would prefer to walk (30 minutes or so from the hotel is fine), not take cabs. (Unless the best Scottish pub in the world is a cab ride from West Nile Street, then we’ll do it!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Confused on which train pass
- 2 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 3 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 4 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 5 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 6 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 7 Best of Norway
- 8 Bus Strike
- 9 Train up the Jungfrau
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 credit and debit cards
- 12 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 13 travel around Spain
- 14 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 15 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 16 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 17 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 18 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 19 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 20 Another Question re Scotland
- 21 Dalmation coast in October?
- 22 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 23 Swiss rail disruption near Luzern
- 24 Where to stay in Umbria
- 25 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi