We will be in Glasgow for two nights in late June, ending our two-week trip to England and Scotland. Our last full day in Britain will be on a Rabbies tour of Oban and the Highlands before we fly back home the following morning.
I’m seeking dining suggestions for these two Glasgow nights. Before our arrival in Glasgow we will have stayed two nights at Traquair house near Innerleithen, but that’s the only exposure to Scottish dining during our trip until we reach Glasgow.
We’re not looking for Michelin places. Rather enjoy pubs, locally owned restaurants, also enjoy South Asian food. We’re staying at the Premier Inn on West Nile St. and we would prefer to walk (30 minutes or so from the hotel is fine), not take cabs. (Unless the best Scottish pub in the world is a cab ride from West Nile Street, then we’ll do it!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 2 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 Hotel in Vienna
- 5 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 8 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 9 Tour groups
- 10 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 11 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 12 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 13 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 14 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 15 Super Cover For Hertz
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 17 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 18 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 19 Baby Milk
- 20 French restaurants
- 21 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 22 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 23 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto