We are fine-tuning plans for our trip to Britain in June 2016 and now I am looking at the last part, a very brief time in Glasgow.
For those of you who are Mackintosh fans, if you had time to visit just one or two buildings, what would you suggest?
The School of Art, according to its web site, is still giving tours and they have created what they call “an extraordinary model” of the library which was gutted by fire in 2014. Has anyone taken this tour?
And what about the House for an Art Lover, built in 1996 following his 1901 designs. It sounds terrific. Has anybody visited this?
Thanks as always for your opinions and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 4 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 8 Questions about Polish sights
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 11 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 12 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 15 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 16 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 19 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 20 Italy
- 21 Revised itinerary for italy
- 22 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 23 Juangfrau / mt
- 24 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 25 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)