We are fine-tuning plans for our trip to Britain in June 2016 and now I am looking at the last part, a very brief time in Glasgow.
For those of you who are Mackintosh fans, if you had time to visit just one or two buildings, what would you suggest?
The School of Art, according to its web site, is still giving tours and they have created what they call “an extraordinary model” of the library which was gutted by fire in 2014. Has anyone taken this tour?
And what about the House for an Art Lover, built in 1996 following his 1901 designs. It sounds terrific. Has anybody visited this?
Thanks as always for your opinions and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Hotels
- 2 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Denmark or Sweden?
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 Europe itinerary questions
- 7 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 8 Amsterdam hotels
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 13 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 14 Back from Paris
- 15 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 16 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 17 1 month in Europe
- 18 Paris hotels
- 19 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 20 10 days in Paris and......
- 21 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 22 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 23 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 London-Help Me Spend Money