We are fine-tuning plans for our trip to Britain in June 2016 and now I am looking at the last part, a very brief time in Glasgow.
For those of you who are Mackintosh fans, if you had time to visit just one or two buildings, what would you suggest?
The School of Art, according to its web site, is still giving tours and they have created what they call “an extraordinary model” of the library which was gutted by fire in 2014. Has anyone taken this tour?
And what about the House for an Art Lover, built in 1996 following his 1901 designs. It sounds terrific. Has anybody visited this?
Thanks as always for your opinions and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 2 Iceland early december visit
- 3 Paris to Italy
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 God Save the Queen?
- 6 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 9 8 Days in Spain
- 10 9 Days in Spain
- 11 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 15 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 16 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 17 Milan or Turin
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Barcelona alternative
- 20 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 21 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 24 Frankfurt to UK
- 25 Christmas Markets France/Germany