We are fine-tuning plans for our trip to Britain in June 2016 and now I am looking at the last part, a very brief time in Glasgow.
For those of you who are Mackintosh fans, if you had time to visit just one or two buildings, what would you suggest?
The School of Art, according to its web site, is still giving tours and they have created what they call “an extraordinary model” of the library which was gutted by fire in 2014. Has anyone taken this tour?
And what about the House for an Art Lover, built in 1996 following his 1901 designs. It sounds terrific. Has anybody visited this?
Thanks as always for your opinions and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 2 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 3 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 4 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 5 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 6 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 7 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 8 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 9 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 10 Help on ancient history route
- 11 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 12 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 13 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 14 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 15 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 16 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 17 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 20 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 21 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 22 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 23 Hotels in Turin
- 24 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 25 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person