We are fine-tuning plans for our trip to Britain in June 2016 and now I am looking at the last part, a very brief time in Glasgow.
For those of you who are Mackintosh fans, if you had time to visit just one or two buildings, what would you suggest?
The School of Art, according to its web site, is still giving tours and they have created what they call “an extraordinary model” of the library which was gutted by fire in 2014. Has anyone taken this tour?
And what about the House for an Art Lover, built in 1996 following his 1901 designs. It sounds terrific. Has anybody visited this?
Thanks as always for your opinions and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 2 London Theater
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 5 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 6 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 7 UK in May and June
- 8 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 9 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 10 Poland to Austria In December
- 11 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 12 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 13 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 14 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 15 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 16 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 17 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 18 Norwegian Air?
- 19 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 20 Shorts in South of France?
- 21 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 22 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 23 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 24 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 25 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?