We are fine-tuning plans for our trip to Britain in June 2016 and now I am looking at the last part, a very brief time in Glasgow.
For those of you who are Mackintosh fans, if you had time to visit just one or two buildings, what would you suggest?
The School of Art, according to its web site, is still giving tours and they have created what they call “an extraordinary model” of the library which was gutted by fire in 2014. Has anyone taken this tour?
And what about the House for an Art Lover, built in 1996 following his 1901 designs. It sounds terrific. Has anybody visited this?
Thanks as always for your opinions and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight at Heathrow
- 2 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 3 France, UK and Ireland
- 4 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 5 Spain and South of France
- 6 Ronda Wine/biking
- 7 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 8 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 9 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 10 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 11 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 12 Andalucia itinerary help
- 13 Santorini lodging
- 14 Germany family road trip help!
- 15 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 16 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 17 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 18 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 19 Prague
- 20 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 21 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 22 9 days in London
- 23 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 24 No Periods in British Written English!
- 25 Milan private guide