My girlfriend and I along with her sister(all in our mid to late 20s) are flying to Paris 16 days from now. I've looked up plenty websites to check out what the best sites are;museums,places to eat etc but I still think the invaluable experiences of those who have been there would comfort me more in selecting a near perfect itinerary over 4 nights. We are all flying over to Europe for the first time-Paris is our first stop, staying at the Hotel Opera Cadet in Faubourg Montmartre on August the 1st 2013 before Barcelona (still trying to figure out the best place to propose to her , Lyon,Venice, Florence, Rome, Hong Kong then back home to New Zealand.
Any info in regards to travel tips, places not to miss-especially near our hotel; best places to eat-preferably on a tight budget although we do want to eat out at least once at a nice restaurant, would be most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 2 Car rentals in France
- 3 suggestions for Swiss cattle drives
- 4 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 5 From Schipol to ?
- 6 South of France - TR in Pictures
- 7 18 days until first time in France - overwhelmed by choices!
- 8 2 weeks in France next May
- 9 Trip report: (hidden) gems of England
- 10 Bringing home a bottle of scotch
- 11 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 12 Republic of San Marino
- 13 Looking for beautiful area in the Alps similar to Wengen/Murren
- 14 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 15 Cloest Rome train station to FCO
- 16 Driving from Venice to Pesaro
- 17 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 18 Those Thalys' GI Heroes Train Fares...
- 19 Itinerary Barcelona & Southern France 9/23-10/14/15
- 20 What to Wear in Scotland
- 21 Tour guides for Pompeii and Herculaneum
- 22 Advice on our 5 day Itineraries we've come up with for Iceland
- 23 Spanish Christmas season traditions
- 24 No AVE Valencia-Cuenca!?! Alternatives?
- 25 Car ferry service from Italy to sicily