My girlfriend and I along with her sister(all in our mid to late 20s) are flying to Paris 16 days from now. I've looked up plenty websites to check out what the best sites are;museums,places to eat etc but I still think the invaluable experiences of those who have been there would comfort me more in selecting a near perfect itinerary over 4 nights. We are all flying over to Europe for the first time-Paris is our first stop, staying at the Hotel Opera Cadet in Faubourg Montmartre on August the 1st 2013 before Barcelona (still trying to figure out the best place to propose to her , Lyon,Venice, Florence, Rome, Hong Kong then back home to New Zealand.
Any info in regards to travel tips, places not to miss-especially near our hotel; best places to eat-preferably on a tight budget although we do want to eat out at least once at a nice restaurant, would be most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 2 Interesting places to visit
- 3 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 4 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 5 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 6 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 7 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 8 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 9 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 10 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 11 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 12 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 13 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 14 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 15 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 16 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 17 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 18 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 19 Train help for Prague
- 20 Germany train help!
- 21 Acropolis Athens
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Swiss Travel Pass
- 25 We're here!