I'm going to be in Paris for a week with a friend in August, and then traveling by myself from Paris to Granada, Spain over the course of a week before I begin my studies in Granada. I'm thinking of possibly taking an overnight train from Paris to Madrid and then take the bus from Madrid to Granada, but I've heard some pretty worrying things about taking overnight trains, especially since I will be by myself and since I am a 20 year old girl.
Would you consider it safe if I took an overnight train from Paris to Madrid? Any suggestions for keeping safe? What would be some safer alternatives? I've been looking up flights and stuff, and most of them don't arrive until after dark, I feel like it'd be safer to travel overnight and arrive in the morning rather than arrive in the middle of the night. Should I do the trip in legs instead? (like stop somewhere and spend the night?)
Girl Traveling Solo, Advice??
- 1 chettinad salwars
- 2 14 days to travel Europe...topdeck vs busabout
- 3 Around Paris in three days (trip details)
- 4 Europe Tour Companies May/June 2014 (24 yr old & Nana)
- 5 Stonehenge: new visitor centre opens
- 6 Going to France with a broken foot - help!
- 7 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 8 DeGaulle Airport
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 Unknown regions in the Czech republic
- 11 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 12 An American Solo in Paris - My itinerary (Help)
- 13 Chip & Pin Only
- 14 insider tours in berlin
- 15 London Airport Expansion Recommendations Offered:
- 16 Critique my winter trip to Greece
- 17 Two weeks or so in Belgium and Netherlands
- 18 Paris-Champagne-Strasbourg-Paris
- 19 2 week Europe trip - need help please
- 20 Trondheim, Norway: 3 days in January
- 21 which cities in umbria to visit
- 22 Need help with Itinerary for Spain & France March
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 Reggio Emilia for 1 week
- 25 Private Guide for Istanbul