I'm going to be in Paris for a week with a friend in August, and then traveling by myself from Paris to Granada, Spain over the course of a week before I begin my studies in Granada. I'm thinking of possibly taking an overnight train from Paris to Madrid and then take the bus from Madrid to Granada, but I've heard some pretty worrying things about taking overnight trains, especially since I will be by myself and since I am a 20 year old girl.
Would you consider it safe if I took an overnight train from Paris to Madrid? Any suggestions for keeping safe? What would be some safer alternatives? I've been looking up flights and stuff, and most of them don't arrive until after dark, I feel like it'd be safer to travel overnight and arrive in the morning rather than arrive in the middle of the night. Should I do the trip in legs instead? (like stop somewhere and spend the night?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 2 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 5 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 6 St Denis Cathedral
- 7 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 8 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 9 Perugia
- 10 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 11 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 12 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 13 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 14 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 15 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 16 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 17 Praiano
- 18 Rouen Tour Companies
- 19 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 20 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 21 Ireland itinerary help please
- 22 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 23 Ronda Wine/biking
- 24 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 25 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu