I'm going to be in Paris for a week with a friend in August, and then traveling by myself from Paris to Granada, Spain over the course of a week before I begin my studies in Granada. I'm thinking of possibly taking an overnight train from Paris to Madrid and then take the bus from Madrid to Granada, but I've heard some pretty worrying things about taking overnight trains, especially since I will be by myself and since I am a 20 year old girl.
Would you consider it safe if I took an overnight train from Paris to Madrid? Any suggestions for keeping safe? What would be some safer alternatives? I've been looking up flights and stuff, and most of them don't arrive until after dark, I feel like it'd be safer to travel overnight and arrive in the morning rather than arrive in the middle of the night. Should I do the trip in legs instead? (like stop somewhere and spend the night?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 2 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 3 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 4 Italy - best two central locations
- 5 Tour or independent
- 6 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 7 Vet my itinerary
- 8 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 9 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 10 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 11 Istanbul tour guides?
- 12 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 13 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 14 3 months to travel Europe!
- 15 student in denmark
- 16 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 17 What to see in Dresden...
- 18 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 19 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 20 Sienna with kids
- 21 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 22 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 23 Day River trips from Porto
- 24 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 25 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings