I'm going to be in Paris for a week with a friend in August, and then traveling by myself from Paris to Granada, Spain over the course of a week before I begin my studies in Granada. I'm thinking of possibly taking an overnight train from Paris to Madrid and then take the bus from Madrid to Granada, but I've heard some pretty worrying things about taking overnight trains, especially since I will be by myself and since I am a 20 year old girl.
Would you consider it safe if I took an overnight train from Paris to Madrid? Any suggestions for keeping safe? What would be some safer alternatives? I've been looking up flights and stuff, and most of them don't arrive until after dark, I feel like it'd be safer to travel overnight and arrive in the morning rather than arrive in the middle of the night. Should I do the trip in legs instead? (like stop somewhere and spend the night?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 2 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 3 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 4 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 5 Sentimental Journey
- 6 A few last minute questions
- 7 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 8 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 9 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 10 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 11 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 12 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 13 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 14 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 15 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 16 Stay away from EF Tours
- 17 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 18 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 19 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 20 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 21 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 22 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 23 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 24 Antwerp Tram
- 25 Trip report European honeymoon