I'm going to be in Paris for a week with a friend in August, and then traveling by myself from Paris to Granada, Spain over the course of a week before I begin my studies in Granada. I'm thinking of possibly taking an overnight train from Paris to Madrid and then take the bus from Madrid to Granada, but I've heard some pretty worrying things about taking overnight trains, especially since I will be by myself and since I am a 20 year old girl.
Would you consider it safe if I took an overnight train from Paris to Madrid? Any suggestions for keeping safe? What would be some safer alternatives? I've been looking up flights and stuff, and most of them don't arrive until after dark, I feel like it'd be safer to travel overnight and arrive in the morning rather than arrive in the middle of the night. Should I do the trip in legs instead? (like stop somewhere and spend the night?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 2 European Championship
- 3 Edinburgh airport taxi recos?
- 4 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 5 Asian food and shopping in Dublin ????
- 6 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 7 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 8 What about Basque Country?
- 9 Greece Itinerary
- 10 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 11 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 12 Amsterdam Hotel
- 13 Amsterdam vs. France
- 14 Ireland ToDo
- 15 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 16 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 17 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 18 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 19 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 20 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 21 1 week in Malaga
- 22 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 23 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 24 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 25 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested