I'm going to be in Paris for a week with a friend in August, and then traveling by myself from Paris to Granada, Spain over the course of a week before I begin my studies in Granada. I'm thinking of possibly taking an overnight train from Paris to Madrid and then take the bus from Madrid to Granada, but I've heard some pretty worrying things about taking overnight trains, especially since I will be by myself and since I am a 20 year old girl.
Would you consider it safe if I took an overnight train from Paris to Madrid? Any suggestions for keeping safe? What would be some safer alternatives? I've been looking up flights and stuff, and most of them don't arrive until after dark, I feel like it'd be safer to travel overnight and arrive in the morning rather than arrive in the middle of the night. Should I do the trip in legs instead? (like stop somewhere and spend the night?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 2 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 3 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 4 Trogir or Split
- 5 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 6 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 7 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 8 Istria in two days
- 9 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 10 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 11 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 12 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 13 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 14 Scotland itinerary help
- 15 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 16 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 17 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 18 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 19 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 20 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 21 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 22 Scotland
- 23 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 24 AMBOISE BALLOON RIDE !! out of this world
- 25 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi