I'm going to be in Paris for a week with a friend in August, and then traveling by myself from Paris to Granada, Spain over the course of a week before I begin my studies in Granada. I'm thinking of possibly taking an overnight train from Paris to Madrid and then take the bus from Madrid to Granada, but I've heard some pretty worrying things about taking overnight trains, especially since I will be by myself and since I am a 20 year old girl.
Would you consider it safe if I took an overnight train from Paris to Madrid? Any suggestions for keeping safe? What would be some safer alternatives? I've been looking up flights and stuff, and most of them don't arrive until after dark, I feel like it'd be safer to travel overnight and arrive in the morning rather than arrive in the middle of the night. Should I do the trip in legs instead? (like stop somewhere and spend the night?)
Girl Traveling Solo, Advice??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 2 help regarding removal firm in london
- 3 Dresden or Leipzig
- 4 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 5 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 6 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 7 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 8 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 9 Portugal Alentejo's cante
- 10 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 11 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 14 South of France November Trip Report
- 15 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 16 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 17 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 18 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 19 Help With Vienna
- 20 Flying from Paris to London: logistics help?
- 21 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 22 Turkey Family Vacation packages From India.
- 23 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 24 FREE SATNAV WORLDWIDE with OFFLINE NAVIGATION on Windows 8 phones
- 25 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?