I'm going to be in Paris for a week with a friend in August, and then traveling by myself from Paris to Granada, Spain over the course of a week before I begin my studies in Granada. I'm thinking of possibly taking an overnight train from Paris to Madrid and then take the bus from Madrid to Granada, but I've heard some pretty worrying things about taking overnight trains, especially since I will be by myself and since I am a 20 year old girl.
Would you consider it safe if I took an overnight train from Paris to Madrid? Any suggestions for keeping safe? What would be some safer alternatives? I've been looking up flights and stuff, and most of them don't arrive until after dark, I feel like it'd be safer to travel overnight and arrive in the morning rather than arrive in the middle of the night. Should I do the trip in legs instead? (like stop somewhere and spend the night?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 4 Globus Iberian Tour
- 5 Spain: train/rental car help
- 6 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 7 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 8 Budapest Card
- 9 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 10 UK in May and June
- 11 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 12 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 13 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 14 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 15 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 16 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 17 Bath/Cotswolds
- 18 Shorts in South of France?
- 19 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 20 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 21 base for Andalucia
- 22 Italy travel plan help
- 23 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 24 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 25 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport