I have very much enjoyed using these forums to help plan our europe trip, which is from 29/9 to 25/10. I will be travelling with my husband and our 15 month old baby. We are Australians living in South East Asia, and have travelled quite a bit with our son (he has been to six different countries so far) - and he sleeps with us so he is very portable, but obviously still a toddler etc. Our main priorities are food and scenery which is why we have decided on paris, bernese overland, tuscany.
Our basic itinerary is:
Paris: 29/9 to 6/10
Switzerland/ Italy: 6/10 to 13/10 -not yet decided where
Tuscany: 13/10 to 20/10 (staying at La Foce, Chuisi)
Rome: 20/10 to 25/10
I am seeking some ideas and suggestions about the Switzerland/ Italy part of our trip. We were originally going to go to Provence but we decided we really want to experience the beautiful swiss scenery. My husband is keen on Gimmelwald or Murren as well - but I am wondering whether it will be tiresome to try and do day trips from these places (but can't be certain we will even do day trips given we have a toddler in tow who will probably just want to look at goats and hens all day anyway). The accommodation does look limited though and seems to have 3 night minimum stay. Have considered Lauterbrunnen but we really want the spectacular alpine views. However, it could be rainy when we are there - so perhaps silly to bank on having a view? We had looked at Zermatt but Gimmelwald/ Murren just look so picture perfect.
We keep going around in circles. Obviously all the places look amazing. Any ideas/ comments/ suggestions?
Also, we were thinking of going from Switzerland to Venice and then onto Tuscany - or will this be too tight given we only have 6/10 to 13/10? Annoyingly, the accommodation in Tuscany is booked weekly so we can't change those dates. Perhaps we could go from Tuscany to Venice then to Rome?
Thanks for reading my post and taking the time to offer suggestions/ critiques.
Gimmelwald/ Murren for picturesque alpine village stay? + Itinerary q
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 2 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 3 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 4 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 5 Avignon to London?
- 6 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 7 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 8 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 9 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 10 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 11 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 12 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 13 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 14 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 15 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 16 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 17 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 18 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 19 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 20 Mycenae Documentary
- 21 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 22 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 23 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 24 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 25 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague