I have very much enjoyed using these forums to help plan our europe trip, which is from 29/9 to 25/10. I will be travelling with my husband and our 15 month old baby. We are Australians living in South East Asia, and have travelled quite a bit with our son (he has been to six different countries so far) - and he sleeps with us so he is very portable, but obviously still a toddler etc. Our main priorities are food and scenery which is why we have decided on paris, bernese overland, tuscany.
Our basic itinerary is:
Paris: 29/9 to 6/10
Switzerland/ Italy: 6/10 to 13/10 -not yet decided where
Tuscany: 13/10 to 20/10 (staying at La Foce, Chuisi)
Rome: 20/10 to 25/10
I am seeking some ideas and suggestions about the Switzerland/ Italy part of our trip. We were originally going to go to Provence but we decided we really want to experience the beautiful swiss scenery. My husband is keen on Gimmelwald or Murren as well - but I am wondering whether it will be tiresome to try and do day trips from these places (but can't be certain we will even do day trips given we have a toddler in tow who will probably just want to look at goats and hens all day anyway). The accommodation does look limited though and seems to have 3 night minimum stay. Have considered Lauterbrunnen but we really want the spectacular alpine views. However, it could be rainy when we are there - so perhaps silly to bank on having a view? We had looked at Zermatt but Gimmelwald/ Murren just look so picture perfect.
We keep going around in circles. Obviously all the places look amazing. Any ideas/ comments/ suggestions?
Also, we were thinking of going from Switzerland to Venice and then onto Tuscany - or will this be too tight given we only have 6/10 to 13/10? Annoyingly, the accommodation in Tuscany is booked weekly so we can't change those dates. Perhaps we could go from Tuscany to Venice then to Rome?
Thanks for reading my post and taking the time to offer suggestions/ critiques.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich
- 2 Paris---baguette question???
- 3 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 4 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 5 Vienna or Budapest?
- 6 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 7 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 8 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 9 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 10 Italy/Greece with kids
- 11 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 12 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 13 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 14 10 day Greek Island trip
- 15 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 16 Portugal itinerary help
- 17 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 18 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 19 Lisbon NYE
- 20 Drive Vienna to Salzburg
- 21 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 22 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 23 English Countryside
- 24 Need help in travel planning
- 25 French immersion courses in France
Gimmelwald/ Murren for picturesque alpine village stay? + Itinerary q