I have very much enjoyed using these forums to help plan our europe trip, which is from 29/9 to 25/10. I will be travelling with my husband and our 15 month old baby. We are Australians living in South East Asia, and have travelled quite a bit with our son (he has been to six different countries so far) - and he sleeps with us so he is very portable, but obviously still a toddler etc. Our main priorities are food and scenery which is why we have decided on paris, bernese overland, tuscany.
Our basic itinerary is:
Paris: 29/9 to 6/10
Switzerland/ Italy: 6/10 to 13/10 -not yet decided where
Tuscany: 13/10 to 20/10 (staying at La Foce, Chuisi)
Rome: 20/10 to 25/10
I am seeking some ideas and suggestions about the Switzerland/ Italy part of our trip. We were originally going to go to Provence but we decided we really want to experience the beautiful swiss scenery. My husband is keen on Gimmelwald or Murren as well - but I am wondering whether it will be tiresome to try and do day trips from these places (but can't be certain we will even do day trips given we have a toddler in tow who will probably just want to look at goats and hens all day anyway). The accommodation does look limited though and seems to have 3 night minimum stay. Have considered Lauterbrunnen but we really want the spectacular alpine views. However, it could be rainy when we are there - so perhaps silly to bank on having a view? We had looked at Zermatt but Gimmelwald/ Murren just look so picture perfect.
We keep going around in circles. Obviously all the places look amazing. Any ideas/ comments/ suggestions?
Also, we were thinking of going from Switzerland to Venice and then onto Tuscany - or will this be too tight given we only have 6/10 to 13/10? Annoyingly, the accommodation in Tuscany is booked weekly so we can't change those dates. Perhaps we could go from Tuscany to Venice then to Rome?
Thanks for reading my post and taking the time to offer suggestions/ critiques.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 2 London 6 day itinerary
- 3 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 4 ATM
- 5 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 6 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 7 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 8 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 9 Living in Paris......for a week
- 10 ATM help
- 11 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 12 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 13 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 14 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 15 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 16 Iceland trip report!
- 17 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 18 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 19 Athens tour guide advice
- 20 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 21 Threat Level in UK
- 22 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 23 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 24 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 25 Bernese Oberland
Gimmelwald/ Murren for picturesque alpine village stay? + Itinerary q