I have very much enjoyed using these forums to help plan our europe trip, which is from 29/9 to 25/10. I will be travelling with my husband and our 15 month old baby. We are Australians living in South East Asia, and have travelled quite a bit with our son (he has been to six different countries so far) - and he sleeps with us so he is very portable, but obviously still a toddler etc. Our main priorities are food and scenery which is why we have decided on paris, bernese overland, tuscany.
Our basic itinerary is:
Paris: 29/9 to 6/10
Switzerland/ Italy: 6/10 to 13/10 -not yet decided where
Tuscany: 13/10 to 20/10 (staying at La Foce, Chuisi)
Rome: 20/10 to 25/10
I am seeking some ideas and suggestions about the Switzerland/ Italy part of our trip. We were originally going to go to Provence but we decided we really want to experience the beautiful swiss scenery. My husband is keen on Gimmelwald or Murren as well - but I am wondering whether it will be tiresome to try and do day trips from these places (but can't be certain we will even do day trips given we have a toddler in tow who will probably just want to look at goats and hens all day anyway). The accommodation does look limited though and seems to have 3 night minimum stay. Have considered Lauterbrunnen but we really want the spectacular alpine views. However, it could be rainy when we are there - so perhaps silly to bank on having a view? We had looked at Zermatt but Gimmelwald/ Murren just look so picture perfect.
We keep going around in circles. Obviously all the places look amazing. Any ideas/ comments/ suggestions?
Also, we were thinking of going from Switzerland to Venice and then onto Tuscany - or will this be too tight given we only have 6/10 to 13/10? Annoyingly, the accommodation in Tuscany is booked weekly so we can't change those dates. Perhaps we could go from Tuscany to Venice then to Rome?
Thanks for reading my post and taking the time to offer suggestions/ critiques.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 2 Scotland with teens thoughts
- 3 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 4 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 5 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 6 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 7 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 8 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 9 A week driving in Bavaria
- 10 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 11 Car rental/return near London
- 12 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 13 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 14 Help with Germany and Eastern Europe
- 15 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 16 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 17 Train or Coach from Dublin to Cork?
- 18 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 19 Where to stay between Kenmare and Dublin
- 20 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 21 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 22 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 23 Camino Redux
- 24 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 25 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
Gimmelwald/ Murren for picturesque alpine village stay? + Itinerary q