I have very much enjoyed using these forums to help plan our europe trip, which is from 29/9 to 25/10. I will be travelling with my husband and our 15 month old baby. We are Australians living in South East Asia, and have travelled quite a bit with our son (he has been to six different countries so far) - and he sleeps with us so he is very portable, but obviously still a toddler etc. Our main priorities are food and scenery which is why we have decided on paris, bernese overland, tuscany.
Our basic itinerary is:
Paris: 29/9 to 6/10
Switzerland/ Italy: 6/10 to 13/10 -not yet decided where
Tuscany: 13/10 to 20/10 (staying at La Foce, Chuisi)
Rome: 20/10 to 25/10
I am seeking some ideas and suggestions about the Switzerland/ Italy part of our trip. We were originally going to go to Provence but we decided we really want to experience the beautiful swiss scenery. My husband is keen on Gimmelwald or Murren as well - but I am wondering whether it will be tiresome to try and do day trips from these places (but can't be certain we will even do day trips given we have a toddler in tow who will probably just want to look at goats and hens all day anyway). The accommodation does look limited though and seems to have 3 night minimum stay. Have considered Lauterbrunnen but we really want the spectacular alpine views. However, it could be rainy when we are there - so perhaps silly to bank on having a view? We had looked at Zermatt but Gimmelwald/ Murren just look so picture perfect.
We keep going around in circles. Obviously all the places look amazing. Any ideas/ comments/ suggestions?
Also, we were thinking of going from Switzerland to Venice and then onto Tuscany - or will this be too tight given we only have 6/10 to 13/10? Annoyingly, the accommodation in Tuscany is booked weekly so we can't change those dates. Perhaps we could go from Tuscany to Venice then to Rome?
Thanks for reading my post and taking the time to offer suggestions/ critiques.
Gimmelwald/ Murren for picturesque alpine village stay? + Itinerary q
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 2 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 3 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 4 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 5 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 6 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 7 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 8 trip to norway
- 9 Is Venice really dirty?
- 10 Where to go in France mid July?
- 11 Help with England/Wales tour
- 12 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 13 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 14 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 15 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 16 Best beach town in Italy?
- 17 Cotswold Churches
- 18 A Greek sojourn
- 19 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 20 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 21 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 22 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 24 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 25 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks