I have very much enjoyed using these forums to help plan our europe trip, which is from 29/9 to 25/10. I will be travelling with my husband and our 15 month old baby. We are Australians living in South East Asia, and have travelled quite a bit with our son (he has been to six different countries so far) - and he sleeps with us so he is very portable, but obviously still a toddler etc. Our main priorities are food and scenery which is why we have decided on paris, bernese overland, tuscany.
Our basic itinerary is:
Paris: 29/9 to 6/10
Switzerland/ Italy: 6/10 to 13/10 -not yet decided where
Tuscany: 13/10 to 20/10 (staying at La Foce, Chuisi)
Rome: 20/10 to 25/10
I am seeking some ideas and suggestions about the Switzerland/ Italy part of our trip. We were originally going to go to Provence but we decided we really want to experience the beautiful swiss scenery. My husband is keen on Gimmelwald or Murren as well - but I am wondering whether it will be tiresome to try and do day trips from these places (but can't be certain we will even do day trips given we have a toddler in tow who will probably just want to look at goats and hens all day anyway). The accommodation does look limited though and seems to have 3 night minimum stay. Have considered Lauterbrunnen but we really want the spectacular alpine views. However, it could be rainy when we are there - so perhaps silly to bank on having a view? We had looked at Zermatt but Gimmelwald/ Murren just look so picture perfect.
We keep going around in circles. Obviously all the places look amazing. Any ideas/ comments/ suggestions?
Also, we were thinking of going from Switzerland to Venice and then onto Tuscany - or will this be too tight given we only have 6/10 to 13/10? Annoyingly, the accommodation in Tuscany is booked weekly so we can't change those dates. Perhaps we could go from Tuscany to Venice then to Rome?
Thanks for reading my post and taking the time to offer suggestions/ critiques.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 2 SURPRISE TRIP
- 3 Language to use in Belgium
- 4 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 7 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 8 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 9 Palermo Apartment
- 10 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 11 Barcelona - places to stay
- 12 Fado in Lisbon
- 13 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 14 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 15 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 16 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 17 Moldova and Transnistria
- 18 Camogli and surrounds
- 19 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 20 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 21 Whistle stop family road trip
- 22 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 23 travel fan 220v?
- 24 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 25 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
Gimmelwald/ Murren for picturesque alpine village stay? + Itinerary q