My boyfriend and I will be spending a few days at a family in Paris. He's Australian & I'm from Transylvania, Ro. We don't know a lot about the family except that they have a 8-9 year-old boy and that the wife's American. We would like to travel light and avoid anything that would break and anything alcoholic. I was thinking maybe books with pictures from each, but not sure how interesting that is. Also it might be hard to find one in English around here. Does anyone have any ideas about what would be an appropriate gift? Preferably a "for the whole family" kind.
Thank you very much for the help!!
Gift idea for host family in Paris?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 2 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 3 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 4 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 5 Park Guell in Barcelona
- 6 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 7 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?
- 8 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 9 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 10 capital one 360 debit card use in italy
- 11 Prepaid cell phone, CDG
- 12 Stockholm Trip Report
- 13 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 14 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 15 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 16 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 17 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 18 Venice - boats on canals
- 19 Belated Paris trip report, May 16-24 2014 part 2: the actual trip
- 20 Finalizing our Austria and Switzerland trip - last minute advice?
- 21 There's No Place Like London: Part 2
- 22 Carry On Luggage
- 23 France: which maps?
- 24 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 25 luggage suggestions