Me and my husband have already completed a large part of our itinerary planning, thanks to the suggestions of Fodorites.
I'm posting because I'm buying train tickets right now (Thalys direct from country to country) and am having a small dilemma.
This is what our itinerary looks like so far:
Nov 12-Nov 16 in the Hague (husband stationed there for work)
Nov 17-Nov 18 in Amsterdam
Nov 19-Nov 21 in Belgium
Nov 21-Nov 25 in Paris (flying out at 5pm on the 25th)
The question is should we spend 2 days in Belgium instead of three? We will be staying in Antwerp and want to see Antwerp and Brugge, which we can do in two days. The third day, we were planning to go to Ghent but now I'm thinking maybe we should just spend that day in Paris? It would be 3.5 days in Paris vs 4.5 days.
We like quaint cities and walking around and exploring, which is why Ghent was so appealing, but I'm thinking Brugge will offer the same kind of experience, and maybe it's more worth it to spend that third day in Paris instead of Ghent?
Any advice/opinions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 2 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 3 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 4 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 5 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 6 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 7 Barcelona
- 8 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 9 Planning a European Trip
- 10 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 11 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 12 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 13 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 14 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 15 Santorini lodging
- 16 Spain and South of France
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 Algarve location Help
- 19 Andalucia itinerary help
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 22 Ischia
- 23 Killarney
- 24 Romania - Good destination for 2017
- 25 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy