Me and my husband have already completed a large part of our itinerary planning, thanks to the suggestions of Fodorites.
I'm posting because I'm buying train tickets right now (Thalys direct from country to country) and am having a small dilemma.
This is what our itinerary looks like so far:
Nov 12-Nov 16 in the Hague (husband stationed there for work)
Nov 17-Nov 18 in Amsterdam
Nov 19-Nov 21 in Belgium
Nov 21-Nov 25 in Paris (flying out at 5pm on the 25th)
The question is should we spend 2 days in Belgium instead of three? We will be staying in Antwerp and want to see Antwerp and Brugge, which we can do in two days. The third day, we were planning to go to Ghent but now I'm thinking maybe we should just spend that day in Paris? It would be 3.5 days in Paris vs 4.5 days.
We like quaint cities and walking around and exploring, which is why Ghent was so appealing, but I'm thinking Brugge will offer the same kind of experience, and maybe it's more worth it to spend that third day in Paris instead of Ghent?
Any advice/opinions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 3 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 4 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 7 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 8 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 11 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 12 Cell Phone Question
- 13 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 14 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 15 Greek Islands (small)
- 16 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 17 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 18 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 19 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 20 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 21 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 22 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 23 Help required with Itinerary
- 24 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing