Me and my husband have already completed a large part of our itinerary planning, thanks to the suggestions of Fodorites.
I'm posting because I'm buying train tickets right now (Thalys direct from country to country) and am having a small dilemma.
This is what our itinerary looks like so far:
Nov 12-Nov 16 in the Hague (husband stationed there for work)
Nov 17-Nov 18 in Amsterdam
Nov 19-Nov 21 in Belgium
Nov 21-Nov 25 in Paris (flying out at 5pm on the 25th)
The question is should we spend 2 days in Belgium instead of three? We will be staying in Antwerp and want to see Antwerp and Brugge, which we can do in two days. The third day, we were planning to go to Ghent but now I'm thinking maybe we should just spend that day in Paris? It would be 3.5 days in Paris vs 4.5 days.
We like quaint cities and walking around and exploring, which is why Ghent was so appealing, but I'm thinking Brugge will offer the same kind of experience, and maybe it's more worth it to spend that third day in Paris instead of Ghent?
Any advice/opinions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece after the Vote
- 2 Staying over visa expiration.
- 3 Help with Honeymoon trip Italy
- 4 Greek Islands for Older Couple
- 5 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 6 France: "Fines Herbes" Include Dandelions?
- 7 Help, no email from Trenitalia with PNR number!
- 8 Itinerary Help: Granada or Madrid??
- 9 Travelling from Frankfurt to Amsterdam train or fly?
- 10 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 11 Sardinia for a week... Need suggestions please
- 12 Italian rail travel
- 13 Paris Apartment Rental ? - reviews
- 14 Pickpocketing in Europe
- 15 Portugal Transportation
- 16 Kerouac - please say the weather will clear up in Paris
- 17 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 18 Is Valladolid a place visit?
- 19 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 20 Need to purchase British currency from US
- 21 First trip to Europe and going alone.
- 22 Tour Guides or Tour Companies in Prague and Hotels
- 23 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 24 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 25 Another Sagrada Familia question