Me and my husband have already completed a large part of our itinerary planning, thanks to the suggestions of Fodorites.
I'm posting because I'm buying train tickets right now (Thalys direct from country to country) and am having a small dilemma.
This is what our itinerary looks like so far:
Nov 12-Nov 16 in the Hague (husband stationed there for work)
Nov 17-Nov 18 in Amsterdam
Nov 19-Nov 21 in Belgium
Nov 21-Nov 25 in Paris (flying out at 5pm on the 25th)
The question is should we spend 2 days in Belgium instead of three? We will be staying in Antwerp and want to see Antwerp and Brugge, which we can do in two days. The third day, we were planning to go to Ghent but now I'm thinking maybe we should just spend that day in Paris? It would be 3.5 days in Paris vs 4.5 days.
We like quaint cities and walking around and exploring, which is why Ghent was so appealing, but I'm thinking Brugge will offer the same kind of experience, and maybe it's more worth it to spend that third day in Paris instead of Ghent?
Any advice/opinions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 2 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 3 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 4 3 days to spend in europe
- 5 italy itinerary
- 6 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 7 3 days with a Swindon base
- 8 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 9 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 10 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 11 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 12 Travel WiFi - France
- 13 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 14 RFID Protection
- 15 Beaches in Southern France
- 16 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 17 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 18 Paris to Ramstein
- 19 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 20 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 21 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 22 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 23 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 24 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 25 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik