Me and my husband have already completed a large part of our itinerary planning, thanks to the suggestions of Fodorites.
I'm posting because I'm buying train tickets right now (Thalys direct from country to country) and am having a small dilemma.
This is what our itinerary looks like so far:
Nov 12-Nov 16 in the Hague (husband stationed there for work)
Nov 17-Nov 18 in Amsterdam
Nov 19-Nov 21 in Belgium
Nov 21-Nov 25 in Paris (flying out at 5pm on the 25th)
The question is should we spend 2 days in Belgium instead of three? We will be staying in Antwerp and want to see Antwerp and Brugge, which we can do in two days. The third day, we were planning to go to Ghent but now I'm thinking maybe we should just spend that day in Paris? It would be 3.5 days in Paris vs 4.5 days.
We like quaint cities and walking around and exploring, which is why Ghent was so appealing, but I'm thinking Brugge will offer the same kind of experience, and maybe it's more worth it to spend that third day in Paris instead of Ghent?
Any advice/opinions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hostel Advice
- 2 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 3 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 4 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 5 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 6 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 7 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 8 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 9 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 10 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 11 Cordoba or Granada?
- 12 River Boat Cruise
- 13 Munich, Germany
- 14 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 15 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 16 Hotel Modigliani or Hotel Santa Maria (Rome)
- 17 Amalfi or Positano
- 18 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 19 Italy + Greece + Croatia
- 20 First Time Europe Trip
- 21 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 22 St Andrews advice
- 23 Guided tours or drive yourself? - Scotland
- 24 Cordoba to Madrid airport?
- 25 Capri Ferry Tickets