Me and my husband have already completed a large part of our itinerary planning, thanks to the suggestions of Fodorites.
I'm posting because I'm buying train tickets right now (Thalys direct from country to country) and am having a small dilemma.
This is what our itinerary looks like so far:
Nov 12-Nov 16 in the Hague (husband stationed there for work)
Nov 17-Nov 18 in Amsterdam
Nov 19-Nov 21 in Belgium
Nov 21-Nov 25 in Paris (flying out at 5pm on the 25th)
The question is should we spend 2 days in Belgium instead of three? We will be staying in Antwerp and want to see Antwerp and Brugge, which we can do in two days. The third day, we were planning to go to Ghent but now I'm thinking maybe we should just spend that day in Paris? It would be 3.5 days in Paris vs 4.5 days.
We like quaint cities and walking around and exploring, which is why Ghent was so appealing, but I'm thinking Brugge will offer the same kind of experience, and maybe it's more worth it to spend that third day in Paris instead of Ghent?
Any advice/opinions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do Not Rent from SIXT car rentals
- 2 Paris---baguette question???
- 3 Munich
- 4 English Countryside
- 5 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 6 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 7 Puglia or La Langhe
- 8 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 9 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 10 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 11 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 12 Need help in travel planning
- 13 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 14 French immersion courses in France
- 15 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 16 Vienna or Budapest?
- 17 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 18 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 19 Italy/Greece with kids
- 20 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 21 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 22 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 23 10 day Greek Island trip
- 24 Portugal itinerary help
- 25 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?