I'm trying to figure out how to get to Venice, since my original plan of going by boat from Pula on the 18th of May is impossible since there are no boats on that day.
I have two questions:
If I leave from Slovenia, here is what I found (was looking for train, but seems to be only buses from Villach in Austria):
Ljubljana 19.05.10 departure at 07:27 D 314 Schnellzug
Villach Hbf 19.05.10 arrrval at 09:08 5b
Villach Hbf (Bussteige 1-4) departure at 10:56 Bus 833 ÖBB-Intercitybus
Venezia Piazzale Roma arrival at 14:25
If I return my car to Pula, there is a boat leaving from Rovinj or Porec on the day I must get to Venice. How easy is it to travel from Pula to Rovinj? We could plan to sleep in Rovinj for a night and leave by boat the next morning...
So basically, I'm wondering whether to return to Croatia to take a boat to Venice, or to leave from Slovenia and take a train/bus... (we are in Pula for 1 week, then 3 days in Slovenia, then 3 days in Venice).
What are your impressions?
Getting to Venice... bus? train? boat?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small group for Colosseum
- 2 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 3 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 4 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 7 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 8 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 9 Spain/Costa de Sol Please identify picture
- 10 London visit
- 11 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 12 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 13 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 14 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 15 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 16 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 17 men's shoes spain
- 18 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 19 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 20 Edinburgh GTG, April?
- 21 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 22 21 Days in Central Europe
- 23 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 24 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 25 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary