I'm trying to figure out how to get to Venice, since my original plan of going by boat from Pula on the 18th of May is impossible since there are no boats on that day.
I have two questions:
If I leave from Slovenia, here is what I found (was looking for train, but seems to be only buses from Villach in Austria):
Ljubljana 19.05.10 departure at 07:27 D 314 Schnellzug
Villach Hbf 19.05.10 arrrval at 09:08 5b
Villach Hbf (Bussteige 1-4) departure at 10:56 Bus 833 ÖBB-Intercitybus
Venezia Piazzale Roma arrival at 14:25
If I return my car to Pula, there is a boat leaving from Rovinj or Porec on the day I must get to Venice. How easy is it to travel from Pula to Rovinj? We could plan to sleep in Rovinj for a night and leave by boat the next morning...
So basically, I'm wondering whether to return to Croatia to take a boat to Venice, or to leave from Slovenia and take a train/bus... (we are in Pula for 1 week, then 3 days in Slovenia, then 3 days in Venice).
What are your impressions?
Getting to Venice... bus? train? boat?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 2 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 3 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 4 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 5 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 6 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 7 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 8 Moving to Belfast
- 9 Luggage sizing
- 10 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 11 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 12 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 13 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 14 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 15 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 16 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 17 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 18 Christmas in Munich
- 19 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 20 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 21 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 22 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 23 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 24 Eleanor's Pages
- 25 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration