I'm trying to figure out how to get to Venice, since my original plan of going by boat from Pula on the 18th of May is impossible since there are no boats on that day.
I have two questions:
If I leave from Slovenia, here is what I found (was looking for train, but seems to be only buses from Villach in Austria):
Ljubljana 19.05.10 departure at 07:27 D 314 Schnellzug
Villach Hbf 19.05.10 arrrval at 09:08 5b
Villach Hbf (Bussteige 1-4) departure at 10:56 Bus 833 ÖBB-Intercitybus
Venezia Piazzale Roma arrival at 14:25
If I return my car to Pula, there is a boat leaving from Rovinj or Porec on the day I must get to Venice. How easy is it to travel from Pula to Rovinj? We could plan to sleep in Rovinj for a night and leave by boat the next morning...
So basically, I'm wondering whether to return to Croatia to take a boat to Venice, or to leave from Slovenia and take a train/bus... (we are in Pula for 1 week, then 3 days in Slovenia, then 3 days in Venice).
What are your impressions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Perugia
- 2 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 3 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 4 St Denis Cathedral
- 5 May get together in Paris
- 6 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 7 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 8 Paris in September
- 9 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 10 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 11 Day trips from Florence
- 12 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 13 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 14 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 15 First time in Bulgaria
- 16 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 17 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 18 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 19 No Periods in British Written English!
- 20 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 21 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 22 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 25 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old