I'm trying to figure out how to get to Venice, since my original plan of going by boat from Pula on the 18th of May is impossible since there are no boats on that day.
I have two questions:
If I leave from Slovenia, here is what I found (was looking for train, but seems to be only buses from Villach in Austria):
Ljubljana 19.05.10 departure at 07:27 D 314 Schnellzug
Villach Hbf 19.05.10 arrrval at 09:08 5b
Villach Hbf (Bussteige 1-4) departure at 10:56 Bus 833 ÖBB-Intercitybus
Venezia Piazzale Roma arrival at 14:25
If I return my car to Pula, there is a boat leaving from Rovinj or Porec on the day I must get to Venice. How easy is it to travel from Pula to Rovinj? We could plan to sleep in Rovinj for a night and leave by boat the next morning...
So basically, I'm wondering whether to return to Croatia to take a boat to Venice, or to leave from Slovenia and take a train/bus... (we are in Pula for 1 week, then 3 days in Slovenia, then 3 days in Venice).
What are your impressions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 2 Sintra
- 3 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 4 Venice Bell Tower
- 5 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 6 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 7 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 8 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 9 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 10 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 11 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 12 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 13 Kayaking in Avignon
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 16 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 17 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 18 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 19 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 20 Cordoba Overnight?
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 23 Scotland Trip Report
- 24 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 25 Barcelona summer 2017 -- brainstorm with me