I'm trying to figure out how to get to Venice, since my original plan of going by boat from Pula on the 18th of May is impossible since there are no boats on that day.
I have two questions:
If I leave from Slovenia, here is what I found (was looking for train, but seems to be only buses from Villach in Austria):
Ljubljana 19.05.10 departure at 07:27 D 314 Schnellzug
Villach Hbf 19.05.10 arrrval at 09:08 5b
Villach Hbf (Bussteige 1-4) departure at 10:56 Bus 833 ÖBB-Intercitybus
Venezia Piazzale Roma arrival at 14:25
If I return my car to Pula, there is a boat leaving from Rovinj or Porec on the day I must get to Venice. How easy is it to travel from Pula to Rovinj? We could plan to sleep in Rovinj for a night and leave by boat the next morning...
So basically, I'm wondering whether to return to Croatia to take a boat to Venice, or to leave from Slovenia and take a train/bus... (we are in Pula for 1 week, then 3 days in Slovenia, then 3 days in Venice).
What are your impressions?
Getting to Venice... bus? train? boat?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 2 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 3 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 4 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 5 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 6 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 7 Purse week?
- 8 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 9 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 10 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 11 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 12 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 13 Looking for add on city
- 14 Help finding an apartment in Paris 7th arrond.
- 15 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 16 Vatican Museum Tour and Handbags/Backpacks
- 17 PARIS: scarlett - what about the handbags???
- 18 Ladies- Travel Handbags?
- 19 Hand made leather handbags in Venice - Trinny & Susannah recommendation
- 20 Shopping for YSL/ LV Handbags
- 21 New !travel handbags, an update please!
- 22 Paris Handbags
- 23 Which designer handbags come out in Europe before hitting the States?
- 24 VAT in Greece>>Athen (Purchasing of handbags as Tourist)
- 25 One month in Puglia and Matera