My husband and I will be in Italy for 8 nights in mid-September, its a last minute trip so I'm scrambling to choose an itinerary - so many options! We would like to split our time between 2 destinations and Piemonte has been on our list for awhile, we like smaller towns as a base and Alba looks right up our alley.
My question is, if flying in from the US, is it a terribly long day to get a rental car and drive directly to Alba upon landing, or would a night in Milan be recommended? Same goes for departure - are there international airports (Turin? Milan?) we can fly out of after staying the night in Alba, or is an overnight pre-departure a must?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland itinerary help please
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 4 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 5 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 9 Paris cooking classes
- 10 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 11 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 12 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 13 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 14 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 15 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 16 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 17 St Denis Cathedral
- 18 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 19 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 20 Ronda Wine/biking
- 21 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 22 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 23 Perugia
- 24 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 25 Booking through Loco2 Train