My husband and I will be in Italy for 8 nights in mid-September, its a last minute trip so I'm scrambling to choose an itinerary - so many options! We would like to split our time between 2 destinations and Piemonte has been on our list for awhile, we like smaller towns as a base and Alba looks right up our alley.
My question is, if flying in from the US, is it a terribly long day to get a rental car and drive directly to Alba upon landing, or would a night in Milan be recommended? Same goes for departure - are there international airports (Turin? Milan?) we can fly out of after staying the night in Alba, or is an overnight pre-departure a must?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 2 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 3 Swiss Travel Pass
- 4 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 5 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 6 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 7 We're here!
- 8 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 11 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 12 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 13 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 14 Athens
- 15 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 16 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 17 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 18 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 19 Petrol in Greece
- 20 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 21 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 22 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 23 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 24 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 25 Wimbledon Debenture tickets