My husband and I will be in Italy for 8 nights in mid-September, its a last minute trip so I'm scrambling to choose an itinerary - so many options! We would like to split our time between 2 destinations and Piemonte has been on our list for awhile, we like smaller towns as a base and Alba looks right up our alley.
My question is, if flying in from the US, is it a terribly long day to get a rental car and drive directly to Alba upon landing, or would a night in Milan be recommended? Same goes for departure - are there international airports (Turin? Milan?) we can fly out of after staying the night in Alba, or is an overnight pre-departure a must?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Volendam or Hoorn?
- 2 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 3 Scotland travel in August
- 4 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 5 Venice to the Lakes, by car or train?
- 6 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 7 Spain/Renfe
- 8 My final Prague itinerary
- 9 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 10 WiFi in France
- 11 First time in Italy / Advice in Tuscan destinations
- 12 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 13 Valencia Spain
- 14 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 15 Southern France Small Towns for Expat Retirement
- 16 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 17 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 18 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 19 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 20 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 21 Best Greek Island
- 22 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 23 Make your Mother’s Day celebration grander with flowers and gifts
- 24 Best neighborhood for apartment in Lisbon?
- 25 Paris to Bordeaux