My husband and I will be in Italy for 8 nights in mid-September, its a last minute trip so I'm scrambling to choose an itinerary - so many options! We would like to split our time between 2 destinations and Piemonte has been on our list for awhile, we like smaller towns as a base and Alba looks right up our alley.
My question is, if flying in from the US, is it a terribly long day to get a rental car and drive directly to Alba upon landing, or would a night in Milan be recommended? Same goes for departure - are there international airports (Turin? Milan?) we can fly out of after staying the night in Alba, or is an overnight pre-departure a must?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 2 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 3 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 4 Which area to stay in London
- 5 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 6 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 7 Cotswolds for day by Train
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 10 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 11 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 12 4 days and 3 nights in Austria excluding Vienna
- 13 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 14 Itinery help Crete
- 15 Scotland - We're Here!
- 16 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 17 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 18 TIM in FCO - update
- 19 Train / Calabria
- 20 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 21 16 days in France and Italy
- 22 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 23 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 24 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 25 Lisbon - a few tips