Because my wife's a fan of William Morris, a visit to Kelmscott's a must. We'll be using public transport and know the bus stops at Leclade. We would walk, or perhaps taxi if possible one way, with a possible stop at Buscot Park. Trying to decide between Burford and Painswick as a base. Which would provide the easiest route to Leclade? Looks as though neither has a direct route. Also, any recommendations as to where to stay in either?
Getting to Kelmscott Manor
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 2 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 3 Did I miss MaiTai's Paris trip report??
- 4 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 5 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 6 Ireland or Scotland
- 7 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 8 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 9 Question on France travel
- 10 Cruise the River Shannon
- 11 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 12 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 13 Places for a Special Dinner (2 cancer survivors!) in Montecatini
- 14 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 15 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 16 Autumn in Paris
- 17 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 18 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 19 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 20 Italy and Croatia
- 21 St Germain
- 22 Where to go in France mid July?
- 23 trip to norway
- 24 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 25 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well