I am arriving into Frankfurt Main Airport on 12.08.2012 at 7:00 a.m. and need to procced to the long distance railways station.
Is it easy to find? I am told FRA is like a maze...can i find the fernbahnof by the signs, if they are in english that is...
I am visiting friends in Kassel and my friend tells me that he's gonna send me an online ticket? is that advisable as i presume i might be asked for the credit card and stuff. (Am afraid since i dont use credit cards, i prefer a debit card) am not in a postion to buy the ticket online myself.
On the other hand is it ok/easy to get the ticket from the station itself by using debit card or cash? I dont speak German at all except for the greetings. Will they understand me if i tell them that i'd like to buy a direct ticket to kassel-wilhelmshohe..i guess the ticket costs somewhere around 60 euros - more or less
I'd prefer to take the 8:42 h direct to Kassel, i.e. provided i get to the long distance station on time ( I land at 7 a.m. from Doha/Qatar) if not then i guess the next one is at 10:42 h.
I hope details like platform number, train number etc will be mentioned on the ticket and i am told i may get on any of the berth and sit on any seat not reserved.
I'll appreciate your advise and additional tips. I am travelling to Europe for the first time hence a bit jittery. Am an Indian living in the middle east.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 2 Lisbon
- 3 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 4 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 5 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 6 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 7 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 8 Barcelona alternative
- 9 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 10 Italy Car Scam
- 11 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 12 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 13 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Spanish Medical Providers
- 16 Road trip with our dog
- 17 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 20 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 24 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 25 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area