I am arriving into Frankfurt Main Airport on 12.08.2012 at 7:00 a.m. and need to procced to the long distance railways station.
Is it easy to find? I am told FRA is like a maze...can i find the fernbahnof by the signs, if they are in english that is...
I am visiting friends in Kassel and my friend tells me that he's gonna send me an online ticket? is that advisable as i presume i might be asked for the credit card and stuff. (Am afraid since i dont use credit cards, i prefer a debit card) am not in a postion to buy the ticket online myself.
On the other hand is it ok/easy to get the ticket from the station itself by using debit card or cash? I dont speak German at all except for the greetings. Will they understand me if i tell them that i'd like to buy a direct ticket to kassel-wilhelmshohe..i guess the ticket costs somewhere around 60 euros - more or less
I'd prefer to take the 8:42 h direct to Kassel, i.e. provided i get to the long distance station on time ( I land at 7 a.m. from Doha/Qatar) if not then i guess the next one is at 10:42 h.
I hope details like platform number, train number etc will be mentioned on the ticket and i am told i may get on any of the berth and sit on any seat not reserved.
I'll appreciate your advise and additional tips. I am travelling to Europe for the first time hence a bit jittery. Am an Indian living in the middle east.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 2 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 6 Europe itinerary questions
- 7 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 8 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 9 Brugge hotel help
- 10 Old European currency
- 11 Denmark or Sweden?
- 12 Amsterdam hotels
- 13 Five night Ireland Trip
- 14 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 London Hotels
- 18 10 days in Paris and......
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 21 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 22 1 month in Europe
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 25 Intercity Notte training boarding time