I am arriving into Frankfurt Main Airport on 12.08.2012 at 7:00 a.m. and need to procced to the long distance railways station.
Is it easy to find? I am told FRA is like a maze...can i find the fernbahnof by the signs, if they are in english that is...
I am visiting friends in Kassel and my friend tells me that he's gonna send me an online ticket? is that advisable as i presume i might be asked for the credit card and stuff. (Am afraid since i dont use credit cards, i prefer a debit card) am not in a postion to buy the ticket online myself.
On the other hand is it ok/easy to get the ticket from the station itself by using debit card or cash? I dont speak German at all except for the greetings. Will they understand me if i tell them that i'd like to buy a direct ticket to kassel-wilhelmshohe..i guess the ticket costs somewhere around 60 euros - more or less
I'd prefer to take the 8:42 h direct to Kassel, i.e. provided i get to the long distance station on time ( I land at 7 a.m. from Doha/Qatar) if not then i guess the next one is at 10:42 h.
I hope details like platform number, train number etc will be mentioned on the ticket and i am told i may get on any of the berth and sit on any seat not reserved.
I'll appreciate your advise and additional tips. I am travelling to Europe for the first time hence a bit jittery. Am an Indian living in the middle east.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 2 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 3 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 4 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 5 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 8 Milan and Lake Como
- 9 weekend from cologne germany
- 10 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 11 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 12 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 13 Switzerland in September
- 14 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 15 Where to eat in Rome?
- 16 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 17 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 18 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Positano or Sorrento?
- 21 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 24 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 25 Last minute trip to Capri