I am arriving into Frankfurt Main Airport on 12.08.2012 at 7:00 a.m. and need to procced to the long distance railways station.
Is it easy to find? I am told FRA is like a maze...can i find the fernbahnof by the signs, if they are in english that is...
I am visiting friends in Kassel and my friend tells me that he's gonna send me an online ticket? is that advisable as i presume i might be asked for the credit card and stuff. (Am afraid since i dont use credit cards, i prefer a debit card) am not in a postion to buy the ticket online myself.
On the other hand is it ok/easy to get the ticket from the station itself by using debit card or cash? I dont speak German at all except for the greetings. Will they understand me if i tell them that i'd like to buy a direct ticket to kassel-wilhelmshohe..i guess the ticket costs somewhere around 60 euros - more or less
I'd prefer to take the 8:42 h direct to Kassel, i.e. provided i get to the long distance station on time ( I land at 7 a.m. from Doha/Qatar) if not then i guess the next one is at 10:42 h.
I hope details like platform number, train number etc will be mentioned on the ticket and i am told i may get on any of the berth and sit on any seat not reserved.
I'll appreciate your advise and additional tips. I am travelling to Europe for the first time hence a bit jittery. Am an Indian living in the middle east.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 Renting a car in Greece
- 3 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 renting a car in greece
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 11 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 12 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 13 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 14 retruning to US with souveniers
- 15 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 16 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 20 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 21 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.