We're travelling through Croatia in August (I know-busy time of year, but only time we could go!). Our plan is to arrive in Split at 8am on the ferry from Ancona and then take either the 8.30am or 11.30am catamaran to get to Hvar. I have the following questions:
1. Where does the ferry from Ancona dock? Is it close to the catamaran which goes to Hvar? I'm thinking that it may be cutting it a bit fine trying to get the 8.30am ferry... but don't want to sit around for 3 hours waiting for the 11.30am.
2. Being the busiest time of year, is there any way to book the catamaran tickets in advance? I have had a look on the Jadrolinija website and they don't seem to cater for it? Any suggestions?
We are spending a few nights in Hvar and then heading to Dubrovnik. We plan on taking the ferry/catmaran back to Split at 7am or 9am (depending on how we're feeling) and then we want to take a bus to Dubrovnik. I have a few questions:
3. How do we get from the dock to the bus stop? Taxi? If so how far and how much? Do i need to book bus tickets in advance and if so how?
4. We are tossing up renting a car and driving ourselves? Any comments?
5. I'm also considering getting a private transfer to Dubrovnik. This would be more convenient as we can determine the time we leave and should be more comfortable and more speedy than a bus? Does anyone have any experience with this? Can you suggest a transfer company?
Finally, we are still undecided if we should spend more time in Hvar or Dubrovnik... We love beaches and good food. The idea of hiring a little boat and driving around the little islands in Hvar is so beautiful, is it realistic? Please let me know your thoughts - more time in Dubrovnik or Hvar??!!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 2 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 3 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 Northern Ireland ideas
- 8 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 9 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 12 Long weekend in Albania
- 13 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 14 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 15 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 16 scotland itinerary
- 17 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Hotel in Florence
- 21 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 22 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 23 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 24 Malta - how to do it?
- 25 Using CPAP machine in France