Thanks to all the help from this forum we have figured out our July honeymoon!
We booked our flights for approx. $1200 each, so not TOO bad. We're flying into and out of Rome. I believe we arrive around 10 am or so...
Once we get there we need to get down to the Amalfi Coast where we're staying for the first week. We're staying at the Appartamento Rodolfo which is about 3km from Amalfi and 12km from Positano. We hope it's a good spot!
Can anyone help us with the best way to get there from Rome? I've read suggestions that say to take the train to Salerno and then a bus or ferry? Also, what are the best day trips to do while in Amalfi? Best beaches? Any other suggestions?
After a week in Amalfi we're heading to Rome and staying in Trastevere for a week.
Are there any day trips we can take from Rome? Is Orvieto too far?
Anyways, any further suggestions for our trip would be great!!
Getting from Rome to Amalfi Coast & Day Trips
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 2 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 3 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 4 Eleanor's Pages
- 5 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 6 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 7 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 8 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 9 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 10 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 11 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 12 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 13 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 14 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 15 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 16 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 17 yk's Trip Report - 11 days of Art Nouveau in Vienna & Budapest Spring 2009
- 18 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 19 Restaurants or Cafes to Recommend in Fontainebleau?
- 20 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 21 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 22 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 23 European Trivial Trivia!
- 24 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 25 English ruined castles