Thanks to all the help from this forum we have figured out our July honeymoon!
We booked our flights for approx. $1200 each, so not TOO bad. We're flying into and out of Rome. I believe we arrive around 10 am or so...
Once we get there we need to get down to the Amalfi Coast where we're staying for the first week. We're staying at the Appartamento Rodolfo which is about 3km from Amalfi and 12km from Positano. We hope it's a good spot!
Can anyone help us with the best way to get there from Rome? I've read suggestions that say to take the train to Salerno and then a bus or ferry? Also, what are the best day trips to do while in Amalfi? Best beaches? Any other suggestions?
After a week in Amalfi we're heading to Rome and staying in Trastevere for a week.
Are there any day trips we can take from Rome? Is Orvieto too far?
Anyways, any further suggestions for our trip would be great!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sentimental Journey
- 2 A few last minute questions
- 3 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 4 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 5 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 6 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 7 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 8 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 9 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 10 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 11 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 12 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 13 Stay away from EF Tours
- 14 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 15 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 16 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 17 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 18 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 19 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 20 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 21 Antwerp Tram
- 22 Trip report European honeymoon
- 23 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 24 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 25 Day trip from Split to Hvar - to Stari Grad or Hvar City?