Thanks to all the help from this forum we have figured out our July honeymoon!
We booked our flights for approx. $1200 each, so not TOO bad. We're flying into and out of Rome. I believe we arrive around 10 am or so...
Once we get there we need to get down to the Amalfi Coast where we're staying for the first week. We're staying at the Appartamento Rodolfo which is about 3km from Amalfi and 12km from Positano. We hope it's a good spot!
Can anyone help us with the best way to get there from Rome? I've read suggestions that say to take the train to Salerno and then a bus or ferry? Also, what are the best day trips to do while in Amalfi? Best beaches? Any other suggestions?
After a week in Amalfi we're heading to Rome and staying in Trastevere for a week.
Are there any day trips we can take from Rome? Is Orvieto too far?
Anyways, any further suggestions for our trip would be great!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 2 Seville to Cordoba
- 3 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 4 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 5 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 6 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 7 London 6 day itinerary
- 8 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 9 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 12 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 13 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 14 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 15 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 16 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 17 Sim Cards
- 18 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 19 London in Winter Report
- 20 Portugal rental car
- 21 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 22 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 23 IWM
- 24 London Hotel - Different Request
- 25 3 nights in Madrid