Thanks to all the help from this forum we have figured out our July honeymoon!
We booked our flights for approx. $1200 each, so not TOO bad. We're flying into and out of Rome. I believe we arrive around 10 am or so...
Once we get there we need to get down to the Amalfi Coast where we're staying for the first week. We're staying at the Appartamento Rodolfo which is about 3km from Amalfi and 12km from Positano. We hope it's a good spot!
Can anyone help us with the best way to get there from Rome? I've read suggestions that say to take the train to Salerno and then a bus or ferry? Also, what are the best day trips to do while in Amalfi? Best beaches? Any other suggestions?
After a week in Amalfi we're heading to Rome and staying in Trastevere for a week.
Are there any day trips we can take from Rome? Is Orvieto too far?
Anyways, any further suggestions for our trip would be great!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Guide in Russia
- 2 First Trip to Paris
- 3 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 4 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 5 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 6 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 7 Train travel
- 8 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 9 B&Bs in Ireland
- 10 travel fan 220v?
- 11 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 12 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 13 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 14 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 15 WWI Battlefields
- 16 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 17 Visiting Zurich
- 18 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 19 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 22 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 23 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 24 Zadar or Sibenik
- 25 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?