Thanks to all the help from this forum we have figured out our July honeymoon!
We booked our flights for approx. $1200 each, so not TOO bad. We're flying into and out of Rome. I believe we arrive around 10 am or so...
Once we get there we need to get down to the Amalfi Coast where we're staying for the first week. We're staying at the Appartamento Rodolfo which is about 3km from Amalfi and 12km from Positano. We hope it's a good spot!
Can anyone help us with the best way to get there from Rome? I've read suggestions that say to take the train to Salerno and then a bus or ferry? Also, what are the best day trips to do while in Amalfi? Best beaches? Any other suggestions?
After a week in Amalfi we're heading to Rome and staying in Trastevere for a week.
Are there any day trips we can take from Rome? Is Orvieto too far?
Anyways, any further suggestions for our trip would be great!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment Montreux area
- 2 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 5 Athens Help
- 6 Crete Holiday
- 7 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 8 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 9 Safety in Rome
- 10 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 11 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 12 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 13 Greek Village
- 14 One free day in Barcelona
- 15 Uber vs. TfL
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 18 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 19 base in brussels
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 23 Berlin
- 24 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 25 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017