During our 3 night stay in Bellagio, on Lake Como, my wife and I have arranged a 3.5 hour tour of Milan City which includes a viewing of the Last Supper.
After some investigation I am confident we will be able to make the Bellagio --> Varenna (Ferry) and then Varenna --> Milano Centrale (Regional train) commute, but then we have to find our way to Foro Bonaparte 76 - the meeting place for the tour.
At this stage we would be arriving at Milano Centrale station at around 13:40. A quick look at Goole Maps implied that it is a 37-minute walk which would require us to know exactly where we were going and have absolutely no hiccups along the way to make the tour in time.
Is there a quicker, easier way to get to Foro Bonaparte from the station, or do we need to take earlier connections?
At the moment our plan to get to Milano Centrale by 13:40 requires us to catch the ferry from Bellagio at 11:45 for a 12:37 connection for the train from Varenna to Milan. The previous train from Varenna to Milan is 2 hours earlier at 10:37 so this would make for a long day because following the tour our earliest connections have us back in Bellagio at 20:10
We of course are willing to pay for a taxi if this will help, but also would like to know where and how to hail the taxi and how difficult it is to get a taxi at this time of day on a Sunday. Any suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.cogniqtry.com/zynev/
- 2 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 3 Como or Bellagio
- 4 Alhambra
- 5 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 6 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 7 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 8 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 9 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 10 http://supplementsgarden.com/nucific-bio-x4/
- 11 where to stay in Malta
- 12 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 13 Netflix and Hulu
- 14 Transportation from Heathrow Airport to Central London
- 15 Germany in 7 days
- 16 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 17 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 18 Car rental return Nice
- 19 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 20 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 21 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 22 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 23 Paris to Morocco
- 24 Best routeLago maggiore to Dolcedo--where to stop
- 25 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?