During our 3 night stay in Bellagio, on Lake Como, my wife and I have arranged a 3.5 hour tour of Milan City which includes a viewing of the Last Supper.
After some investigation I am confident we will be able to make the Bellagio --> Varenna (Ferry) and then Varenna --> Milano Centrale (Regional train) commute, but then we have to find our way to Foro Bonaparte 76 - the meeting place for the tour.
At this stage we would be arriving at Milano Centrale station at around 13:40. A quick look at Goole Maps implied that it is a 37-minute walk which would require us to know exactly where we were going and have absolutely no hiccups along the way to make the tour in time.
Is there a quicker, easier way to get to Foro Bonaparte from the station, or do we need to take earlier connections?
At the moment our plan to get to Milano Centrale by 13:40 requires us to catch the ferry from Bellagio at 11:45 for a 12:37 connection for the train from Varenna to Milan. The previous train from Varenna to Milan is 2 hours earlier at 10:37 so this would make for a long day because following the tour our earliest connections have us back in Bellagio at 20:10
We of course are willing to pay for a taxi if this will help, but also would like to know where and how to hail the taxi and how difficult it is to get a taxi at this time of day on a Sunday. Any suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 2 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 3 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 4 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne
- 5 Switzerland 5 days
- 6 Weekend destination in Ireland
- 7 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 8 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 9 Car rental in Santorini port
- 10 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 11 Bicycling in Tuscany - First Visit
- 12 Rain boots for Baltic cruise?
- 13 Milan/Lake Como questions
- 14 heathrow time needed
- 15 Help on September Trip to Spain
- 16 Norway in Nutshell - weather
- 17 Advice on Portugal for August honeymoon please
- 18 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 19 Vineyards close to Lisboa, no car - Alentejo or Setubal?
- 20 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 21 Tuscany literature
- 22 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 23 Best Hotel in Tuscany?
- 24 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 25 Iceland Stopover Late September