During our 3 night stay in Bellagio, on Lake Como, my wife and I have arranged a 3.5 hour tour of Milan City which includes a viewing of the Last Supper.
After some investigation I am confident we will be able to make the Bellagio --> Varenna (Ferry) and then Varenna --> Milano Centrale (Regional train) commute, but then we have to find our way to Foro Bonaparte 76 - the meeting place for the tour.
At this stage we would be arriving at Milano Centrale station at around 13:40. A quick look at Goole Maps implied that it is a 37-minute walk which would require us to know exactly where we were going and have absolutely no hiccups along the way to make the tour in time.
Is there a quicker, easier way to get to Foro Bonaparte from the station, or do we need to take earlier connections?
At the moment our plan to get to Milano Centrale by 13:40 requires us to catch the ferry from Bellagio at 11:45 for a 12:37 connection for the train from Varenna to Milan. The previous train from Varenna to Milan is 2 hours earlier at 10:37 so this would make for a long day because following the tour our earliest connections have us back in Bellagio at 20:10
We of course are willing to pay for a taxi if this will help, but also would like to know where and how to hail the taxi and how difficult it is to get a taxi at this time of day on a Sunday. Any suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ludwig Castles
- 2 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 3 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 4 Escorted Tours
- 5 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 6 2 Months in Sicily
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 What tips can you give about packing?
- 9 Le Marche, Italy
- 10 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 11 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 12 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 13 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 14 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 15 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 16 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 17 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 18 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 19 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 20 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 21 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 22 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 23 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 24 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 25 Short Trip in July