During our 3 night stay in Bellagio, on Lake Como, my wife and I have arranged a 3.5 hour tour of Milan City which includes a viewing of the Last Supper.
After some investigation I am confident we will be able to make the Bellagio --> Varenna (Ferry) and then Varenna --> Milano Centrale (Regional train) commute, but then we have to find our way to Foro Bonaparte 76 - the meeting place for the tour.
At this stage we would be arriving at Milano Centrale station at around 13:40. A quick look at Goole Maps implied that it is a 37-minute walk which would require us to know exactly where we were going and have absolutely no hiccups along the way to make the tour in time.
Is there a quicker, easier way to get to Foro Bonaparte from the station, or do we need to take earlier connections?
At the moment our plan to get to Milano Centrale by 13:40 requires us to catch the ferry from Bellagio at 11:45 for a 12:37 connection for the train from Varenna to Milan. The previous train from Varenna to Milan is 2 hours earlier at 10:37 so this would make for a long day because following the tour our earliest connections have us back in Bellagio at 20:10
We of course are willing to pay for a taxi if this will help, but also would like to know where and how to hail the taxi and how difficult it is to get a taxi at this time of day on a Sunday. Any suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 2 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 3 Why Not Helsinki?
- 4 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 5 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 6 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 7 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 8 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 9 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 10 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 11 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 12 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 13 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 14 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 15 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 16 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 17 Iceland Day 5
- 18 Holland/France/Spain
- 19 Scotland Trip
- 20 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 21 Montenegro in September
- 22 3 week stay in Scotland
- 23 Paris, France
- 24 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 25 sfo to europe