During our 3 night stay in Bellagio, on Lake Como, my wife and I have arranged a 3.5 hour tour of Milan City which includes a viewing of the Last Supper.
After some investigation I am confident we will be able to make the Bellagio --> Varenna (Ferry) and then Varenna --> Milano Centrale (Regional train) commute, but then we have to find our way to Foro Bonaparte 76 - the meeting place for the tour.
At this stage we would be arriving at Milano Centrale station at around 13:40. A quick look at Goole Maps implied that it is a 37-minute walk which would require us to know exactly where we were going and have absolutely no hiccups along the way to make the tour in time.
Is there a quicker, easier way to get to Foro Bonaparte from the station, or do we need to take earlier connections?
At the moment our plan to get to Milano Centrale by 13:40 requires us to catch the ferry from Bellagio at 11:45 for a 12:37 connection for the train from Varenna to Milan. The previous train from Varenna to Milan is 2 hours earlier at 10:37 so this would make for a long day because following the tour our earliest connections have us back in Bellagio at 20:10
We of course are willing to pay for a taxi if this will help, but also would like to know where and how to hail the taxi and how difficult it is to get a taxi at this time of day on a Sunday. Any suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 2 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 7 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 8 Zurich to Milan trip
- 9 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 10 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 11 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 12 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 15 San Sebastián
- 16 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 19 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 20 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 21 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 22 Planning A trip
- 23 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 Ireland with 2 young kids