During our 3 night stay in Bellagio, on Lake Como, my wife and I have arranged a 3.5 hour tour of Milan City which includes a viewing of the Last Supper.
After some investigation I am confident we will be able to make the Bellagio --> Varenna (Ferry) and then Varenna --> Milano Centrale (Regional train) commute, but then we have to find our way to Foro Bonaparte 76 - the meeting place for the tour.
At this stage we would be arriving at Milano Centrale station at around 13:40. A quick look at Goole Maps implied that it is a 37-minute walk which would require us to know exactly where we were going and have absolutely no hiccups along the way to make the tour in time.
Is there a quicker, easier way to get to Foro Bonaparte from the station, or do we need to take earlier connections?
At the moment our plan to get to Milano Centrale by 13:40 requires us to catch the ferry from Bellagio at 11:45 for a 12:37 connection for the train from Varenna to Milan. The previous train from Varenna to Milan is 2 hours earlier at 10:37 so this would make for a long day because following the tour our earliest connections have us back in Bellagio at 20:10
We of course are willing to pay for a taxi if this will help, but also would like to know where and how to hail the taxi and how difficult it is to get a taxi at this time of day on a Sunday. Any suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 2 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 3 Croatia Itenerary
- 4 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 5 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 6 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 7 Overstaying residence visa(UDI) in Norway by 1 day(5-6 hr)
- 8 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 9 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 10 Bavaria in August
- 11 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 12 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 13 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 14 Bandol port of call
- 15 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 16 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 17 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 18 August
- 19 What tickets to purchase for Rome attractons before leaving the States
- 20 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 21 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 22 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 23 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 24 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 25 Italy June 2016 - Attire?