During our 3 night stay in Bellagio, on Lake Como, my wife and I have arranged a 3.5 hour tour of Milan City which includes a viewing of the Last Supper.
After some investigation I am confident we will be able to make the Bellagio --> Varenna (Ferry) and then Varenna --> Milano Centrale (Regional train) commute, but then we have to find our way to Foro Bonaparte 76 - the meeting place for the tour.
At this stage we would be arriving at Milano Centrale station at around 13:40. A quick look at Goole Maps implied that it is a 37-minute walk which would require us to know exactly where we were going and have absolutely no hiccups along the way to make the tour in time.
Is there a quicker, easier way to get to Foro Bonaparte from the station, or do we need to take earlier connections?
At the moment our plan to get to Milano Centrale by 13:40 requires us to catch the ferry from Bellagio at 11:45 for a 12:37 connection for the train from Varenna to Milan. The previous train from Varenna to Milan is 2 hours earlier at 10:37 so this would make for a long day because following the tour our earliest connections have us back in Bellagio at 20:10
We of course are willing to pay for a taxi if this will help, but also would like to know where and how to hail the taxi and how difficult it is to get a taxi at this time of day on a Sunday. Any suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Ireland Itinerary Help
- 2 Switzerland itinerary help
- 3 Slovania & Croatia
- 4 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 5 Asian food and shopping in Dublin ????
- 6 5 days in Provence
- 7 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 8 Parking in Italy
- 9 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 10 Another Alhambra Ticket Question
- 11 1 week in Malaga
- 12 Lisbon hotel: Tivoli or Bairro Alto hotels?
- 13 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 14 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon
- 15 Transportation in Bologna
- 16 Amsterdam vs. France
- 17 Where to stay in Dijon, France
- 18 Amsterdam Hotel
- 19 Paris gtg in October?
- 20 Capo d'Orlando
- 21 European Championship
- 22 Edinburgh airport taxi recos?
- 23 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 24 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 25 What about Basque Country?