During our 3 night stay in Bellagio, on Lake Como, my wife and I have arranged a 3.5 hour tour of Milan City which includes a viewing of the Last Supper.
After some investigation I am confident we will be able to make the Bellagio --> Varenna (Ferry) and then Varenna --> Milano Centrale (Regional train) commute, but then we have to find our way to Foro Bonaparte 76 - the meeting place for the tour.
At this stage we would be arriving at Milano Centrale station at around 13:40. A quick look at Goole Maps implied that it is a 37-minute walk which would require us to know exactly where we were going and have absolutely no hiccups along the way to make the tour in time.
Is there a quicker, easier way to get to Foro Bonaparte from the station, or do we need to take earlier connections?
At the moment our plan to get to Milano Centrale by 13:40 requires us to catch the ferry from Bellagio at 11:45 for a 12:37 connection for the train from Varenna to Milan. The previous train from Varenna to Milan is 2 hours earlier at 10:37 so this would make for a long day because following the tour our earliest connections have us back in Bellagio at 20:10
We of course are willing to pay for a taxi if this will help, but also would like to know where and how to hail the taxi and how difficult it is to get a taxi at this time of day on a Sunday. Any suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rail pass question
- 2 12 days europe
- 3 Paris to Ramstein
- 4 RFID Protection
- 5 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 6 Beaches in Southern France
- 7 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 8 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 9 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 10 Amalfi coast
- 11 3 days to spend in europe
- 12 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 13 If you had four months...
- 14 3 days with a Swindon base
- 15 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 16 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 17 italy itinerary
- 18 Ravello to Paestum
- 19 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 20 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 21 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 22 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 23 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 24 Spain Itinerary Help
- 25 Looking for Tour in Italy