During our 3 night stay in Bellagio, on Lake Como, my wife and I have arranged a 3.5 hour tour of Milan City which includes a viewing of the Last Supper.
After some investigation I am confident we will be able to make the Bellagio --> Varenna (Ferry) and then Varenna --> Milano Centrale (Regional train) commute, but then we have to find our way to Foro Bonaparte 76 - the meeting place for the tour.
At this stage we would be arriving at Milano Centrale station at around 13:40. A quick look at Goole Maps implied that it is a 37-minute walk which would require us to know exactly where we were going and have absolutely no hiccups along the way to make the tour in time.
Is there a quicker, easier way to get to Foro Bonaparte from the station, or do we need to take earlier connections?
At the moment our plan to get to Milano Centrale by 13:40 requires us to catch the ferry from Bellagio at 11:45 for a 12:37 connection for the train from Varenna to Milan. The previous train from Varenna to Milan is 2 hours earlier at 10:37 so this would make for a long day because following the tour our earliest connections have us back in Bellagio at 20:10
We of course are willing to pay for a taxi if this will help, but also would like to know where and how to hail the taxi and how difficult it is to get a taxi at this time of day on a Sunday. Any suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest & Prague
- 2 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 5 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 8 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 9 We're here!
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 driving from ancona to rome
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 14 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 15 10 days in Paris and......
- 16 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 17 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 18 Car Hire in Croatia, any recommendations?
- 19 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 20 Itinerary Help - ?Prague, Austria, Italy
- 21 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 22 Swiss Travel Pass
- 23 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 24 Athens
- 25 Please critique my itinerary in Italy