During our 3 night stay in Bellagio, on Lake Como, my wife and I have arranged a 3.5 hour tour of Milan City which includes a viewing of the Last Supper.
After some investigation I am confident we will be able to make the Bellagio --> Varenna (Ferry) and then Varenna --> Milano Centrale (Regional train) commute, but then we have to find our way to Foro Bonaparte 76 - the meeting place for the tour.
At this stage we would be arriving at Milano Centrale station at around 13:40. A quick look at Goole Maps implied that it is a 37-minute walk which would require us to know exactly where we were going and have absolutely no hiccups along the way to make the tour in time.
Is there a quicker, easier way to get to Foro Bonaparte from the station, or do we need to take earlier connections?
At the moment our plan to get to Milano Centrale by 13:40 requires us to catch the ferry from Bellagio at 11:45 for a 12:37 connection for the train from Varenna to Milan. The previous train from Varenna to Milan is 2 hours earlier at 10:37 so this would make for a long day because following the tour our earliest connections have us back in Bellagio at 20:10
We of course are willing to pay for a taxi if this will help, but also would like to know where and how to hail the taxi and how difficult it is to get a taxi at this time of day on a Sunday. Any suggestions please?
Getting from Milano Centrale station to Foro Bonaparte 76
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Como transportation questions
- 2 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 3 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 4 By train to and out of Prague
- 5 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 6 Cylades Island Hopping
- 7 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 8 7 Nights in Paris
- 9 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 10 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 Normandy and Loire
- 13 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 14 Rome Trip Report -- Nov 1-8
- 15 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 16 Trip Report -- Just Back From Spain
- 17 Northern Europe in April-May
- 18 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 19 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 20 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 21 history museums or locations
- 22 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 23 Granada
- 24 caroline_venezia
- 25 Travelling from Paris to Madrid