We're leaving next Monday (myself, husband and daughter) for Andalucia for two weeks. So I'll probably be asking a lot of questions here at the last minute, ..
We are flying into Malaga at 11:50 am (if the plane's on time) and we need to be in Sevilla that same day, where we've rented an apartment for the week. (We rented the apartment when I thought we'd fly into Seville - turned out to be a lot cheaper to fly r/t to Malaga..)
We plan to take the train from Malaga to Sevilla.
There is a 2 pm train and a 4 pm train.
I'd like to take the 2 pm but that seems to be cutting it close.
Should we take the 4 pm?
Is there a place in the Malaga train station, or nearby, where we can get lunch? (I'm also vegan which complicates things - although my ethics get more relaxed as my hunger pangs grow.... But I won't eat meat so the food needs to at least be vegetarian..)
Or should I book the 2 pm train? What happens if we miss the train?
Is the train at least comfortable and restful? I know we're going to be exhausted after flying all night, etc.
Re; booking - I wanted to do that in advance. Or should I just wait until we get there, in case we can get on the 2 pm? It's a Monday, in case that's significant.
I've read about all of the issues with booking with Renfe and know to use petrabax if REnfe doesn't work (?)
Finally - we want to rent a car the 2nd week when we leave Seville, to drive to Ronda and Granada, then Nerja, then back to Malaga.
Car rental recommemndations? (The folks at SlowTravel say AutoEurope. Sevilla% recommends carjet. We have a AAA card and get a discount on hertz rentals. )
What do we need to know about insurance on the car?
Thank you so much for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 2 9 Days in Spain
- 3 God Save the Queen?
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 9 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 14 Paris to Italy
- 15 Driving through Paris
- 16 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 17 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 18 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 23 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Great Value Vacations - NOT