We're leaving next Monday (myself, husband and daughter) for Andalucia for two weeks. So I'll probably be asking a lot of questions here at the last minute, ..
We are flying into Malaga at 11:50 am (if the plane's on time) and we need to be in Sevilla that same day, where we've rented an apartment for the week. (We rented the apartment when I thought we'd fly into Seville - turned out to be a lot cheaper to fly r/t to Malaga..)
We plan to take the train from Malaga to Sevilla.
There is a 2 pm train and a 4 pm train.
I'd like to take the 2 pm but that seems to be cutting it close.
Should we take the 4 pm?
Is there a place in the Malaga train station, or nearby, where we can get lunch? (I'm also vegan which complicates things - although my ethics get more relaxed as my hunger pangs grow.... But I won't eat meat so the food needs to at least be vegetarian..)
Or should I book the 2 pm train? What happens if we miss the train?
Is the train at least comfortable and restful? I know we're going to be exhausted after flying all night, etc.
Re; booking - I wanted to do that in advance. Or should I just wait until we get there, in case we can get on the 2 pm? It's a Monday, in case that's significant.
I've read about all of the issues with booking with Renfe and know to use petrabax if REnfe doesn't work (?)
Finally - we want to rent a car the 2nd week when we leave Seville, to drive to Ronda and Granada, then Nerja, then back to Malaga.
Car rental recommemndations? (The folks at SlowTravel say AutoEurope. Sevilla% recommends carjet. We have a AAA card and get a discount on hertz rentals. )
What do we need to know about insurance on the car?
Thank you so much for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland hotel questions
- 2 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 3 Ireland travel passport question
- 4 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 5 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Switzerland in November?
- 9 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 10 getting to CDG
- 11 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 12 Barcelona cooking classes
- 13 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 14 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 15 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 4 days itinerary for France
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 24 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice