We're leaving next Monday (myself, husband and daughter) for Andalucia for two weeks. So I'll probably be asking a lot of questions here at the last minute, ..
We are flying into Malaga at 11:50 am (if the plane's on time) and we need to be in Sevilla that same day, where we've rented an apartment for the week. (We rented the apartment when I thought we'd fly into Seville - turned out to be a lot cheaper to fly r/t to Malaga..)
We plan to take the train from Malaga to Sevilla.
There is a 2 pm train and a 4 pm train.
I'd like to take the 2 pm but that seems to be cutting it close.
Should we take the 4 pm?
Is there a place in the Malaga train station, or nearby, where we can get lunch? (I'm also vegan which complicates things - although my ethics get more relaxed as my hunger pangs grow.... But I won't eat meat so the food needs to at least be vegetarian..)
Or should I book the 2 pm train? What happens if we miss the train?
Is the train at least comfortable and restful? I know we're going to be exhausted after flying all night, etc.
Re; booking - I wanted to do that in advance. Or should I just wait until we get there, in case we can get on the 2 pm? It's a Monday, in case that's significant.
I've read about all of the issues with booking with Renfe and know to use petrabax if REnfe doesn't work (?)
Finally - we want to rent a car the 2nd week when we leave Seville, to drive to Ronda and Granada, then Nerja, then back to Malaga.
Car rental recommemndations? (The folks at SlowTravel say AutoEurope. Sevilla% recommends carjet. We have a AAA card and get a discount on hertz rentals. )
What do we need to know about insurance on the car?
Thank you so much for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Coastal Denmark
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 6 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 7 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 8 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 9 base for Andalucia
- 10 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 11 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 12 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 13 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 14 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 15 Apartment in Rome
- 16 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 19 Best Greek Island
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Flea markets in Romania
- 22 car rental
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Cinque Terre - mid Oct 2017 -Ferry? Train? Car Parks?
- 25 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest