We're leaving next Monday (myself, husband and daughter) for Andalucia for two weeks. So I'll probably be asking a lot of questions here at the last minute, ..
We are flying into Malaga at 11:50 am (if the plane's on time) and we need to be in Sevilla that same day, where we've rented an apartment for the week. (We rented the apartment when I thought we'd fly into Seville - turned out to be a lot cheaper to fly r/t to Malaga..)
We plan to take the train from Malaga to Sevilla.
There is a 2 pm train and a 4 pm train.
I'd like to take the 2 pm but that seems to be cutting it close.
Should we take the 4 pm?
Is there a place in the Malaga train station, or nearby, where we can get lunch? (I'm also vegan which complicates things - although my ethics get more relaxed as my hunger pangs grow.... But I won't eat meat so the food needs to at least be vegetarian..)
Or should I book the 2 pm train? What happens if we miss the train?
Is the train at least comfortable and restful? I know we're going to be exhausted after flying all night, etc.
Re; booking - I wanted to do that in advance. Or should I just wait until we get there, in case we can get on the 2 pm? It's a Monday, in case that's significant.
I've read about all of the issues with booking with Renfe and know to use petrabax if REnfe doesn't work (?)
Finally - we want to rent a car the 2nd week when we leave Seville, to drive to Ronda and Granada, then Nerja, then back to Malaga.
Car rental recommemndations? (The folks at SlowTravel say AutoEurope. Sevilla% recommends carjet. We have a AAA card and get a discount on hertz rentals. )
What do we need to know about insurance on the car?
Thank you so much for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 2 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 3 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Day trips from Florence
- 7 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 8 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Perugia
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 May get together in Paris
- 15 Paris in September
- 16 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 19 First time in Bulgaria
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh