Staying in Lucca a few nights in May and would like to go to Montalcino, Montepulciano, Volterra, (or places in that area) and Chianti area from there. We won't have a car. Is there any way to see these places? How do you get there from Lucca? Would stay a few nights. Don't know how to plan this.
Getting from Lucca, Italy to hill towns without a car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget family trip to Europe
- 2 Pyrenees logistics
- 3 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 4 How highly would you prioritize Portugal?
- 5 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 6 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 7 Italy
- 8 Driving in Italy
- 9 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 10 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 11 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 12 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 13 Taormina to Palermo
- 14 Spain - car rental, bus or train?
- 15 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 16 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 17 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 18 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 19 caroline_venezia
- 20 Taormina Sicily
- 21 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 22 Italy dolomites
- 23 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 24 Suggestion for travel memories
- 25 How to split 21 days between moscow and saint petersburg