For those of you who have been to the Basque Country, please help me with this. I am planning a 3-4 trip to Basque Country in late August, planning to stay in Ainhoa at Hotel Argi Eder (Hotel Ithurria sounds wonderful from comments here but is booked up). I will have a rental car to explore the region. I don't speak a word of French (other than good morning, please, thank you) so do the proprieters at the hotels and others speak English to help me get by? Also, I have never rented car and driven in France, are there any issues or concerns? I plan to pick up and return the car at Bordeaux railway station after trip down from Paris. Thanks for your help.
Getting by with English in Basque Country? Driving in France?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam: Alcoholics Cleaning Streets to Get Free Booze!
- 2 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 3 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 4 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 5 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 6 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 7 Dresden Train Station
- 8 Rome Accommodation
- 9 Waltz performances in Stadtpark Vienna
- 10 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 11 2 Week European Itinerary
- 12 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 13 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 14 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 15 Family European winter holiday
- 16 More help with housing in Puglia
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 19 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 20 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 21 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 22 TGV and Provence questions
- 23 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 24 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 25 rent car / Munich