For those of you who have been to the Basque Country, please help me with this. I am planning a 3-4 trip to Basque Country in late August, planning to stay in Ainhoa at Hotel Argi Eder (Hotel Ithurria sounds wonderful from comments here but is booked up). I will have a rental car to explore the region. I don't speak a word of French (other than good morning, please, thank you) so do the proprieters at the hotels and others speak English to help me get by? Also, I have never rented car and driven in France, are there any issues or concerns? I plan to pick up and return the car at Bordeaux railway station after trip down from Paris. Thanks for your help.
Getting by with English in Basque Country? Driving in France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 2 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 3 London GTG late September?
- 4 Air France strike
- 5 Amsterdam
- 6 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 7 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 8 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 9 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 10 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 11 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 12 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 13 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 14 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 15 Italy tours
- 16 Alterations to night trains routes
- 17 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 18 Scottish Passport
- 19 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 20 Find a long term rental studio in Paris
- 21 Questions About Croatia
- 22 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 23 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 24 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 25 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro