For those of you who have been to the Basque Country, please help me with this. I am planning a 3-4 trip to Basque Country in late August, planning to stay in Ainhoa at Hotel Argi Eder (Hotel Ithurria sounds wonderful from comments here but is booked up). I will have a rental car to explore the region. I don't speak a word of French (other than good morning, please, thank you) so do the proprieters at the hotels and others speak English to help me get by? Also, I have never rented car and driven in France, are there any issues or concerns? I plan to pick up and return the car at Bordeaux railway station after trip down from Paris. Thanks for your help.
Getting by with English in Basque Country? Driving in France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 2 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 3 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 4 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 5 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 6 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 7 destination wedding
- 8 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 9 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 10 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 13 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 14 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 15 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 16 London Private Detectives
- 17 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 18 Calling Jamikins
- 19 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 20 A drive in Europe
- 21 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 22 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 23 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 24 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 25 Europe in 21 days