For those of you who have been to the Basque Country, please help me with this. I am planning a 3-4 trip to Basque Country in late August, planning to stay in Ainhoa at Hotel Argi Eder (Hotel Ithurria sounds wonderful from comments here but is booked up). I will have a rental car to explore the region. I don't speak a word of French (other than good morning, please, thank you) so do the proprieters at the hotels and others speak English to help me get by? Also, I have never rented car and driven in France, are there any issues or concerns? I plan to pick up and return the car at Bordeaux railway station after trip down from Paris. Thanks for your help.
Getting by with English in Basque Country? Driving in France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train to Airport in Venice
- 2 Chip but no PIN
- 3 What still confounds you about travel?
- 4 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 5 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 6 Foie gras, redux
- 7 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 8 Dublin Tour Companies
- 9 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 10 Day trips from Seville
- 11 Oktoberfest reservations
- 12 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 13 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 14 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 15 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 16 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 17 Southern France
- 18 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 21 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 22 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 23 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 24 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 25 Golfing in Ireland