As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 2 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 3 Trains in Italy
- 4 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 5 Georgia in 4 days
- 6 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 7 Where should I go with my family?
- 8 First Solo Adventure
- 9 First Solo Adventure
- 10 Alitala
- 11 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 14 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 15 Crete Holiday
- 16 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 17 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 18 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 19 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 20 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 21 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 22 Stu Tower
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 25 Tour or self drive Douro?