As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 2 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 3 Barcelona - places to stay
- 4 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 9 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 10 Christmas Markets 2017
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 13 Istanbul at Easter
- 14 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 15 Palermo Apartment
- 16 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 17 SURPRISE TRIP
- 18 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 19 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 22 Fado in Lisbon
- 23 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 24 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 25 Help with Italy Itinerary