As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 sfo to europe
- 2 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 3 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 4 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 5 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 6 Rue des Rosiers
- 7 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 8 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 9 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 10 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 11 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 12 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 13 Car rental leaving Rome
- 14 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 15 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 16 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 17 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 18 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 19 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 20 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 21 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 22 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 23 Car Rental in Italy
- 24 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 25 thursdaysd Wanders South