As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Getting back to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 2 MADRID AND GRANADA--A Magical Winter Week in Spain
- 3 One night for dinner in Rome
- 4 Hiking Trail in Santorini - Fira to Oia or Oia to Fira???
- 5 Does anyone know how Trenitalia or Trenord list the Vivalto trains?
- 6 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 7 What is your favorite travel app?
- 8 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 9 When to buy train tickets to Budapest and Prague from Vienna
- 10 Seville Ronda Nerja Granada: Please critique Andalucia driving itinerary.
- 11 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 12 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 13 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules
- 14 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 15 A week on the Amalfi Coast--Itinerary Advice Needed!
- 16 Venice, then ?, then Munich
- 17 DCC on the increase?
- 18 Planning a week in London
- 19 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 20 Best base for Cinque Terre, Portofino, Rapallo?
- 21 UK passport renewal from O'seas.
- 22 help- itinerary planning france-switzerland-Italy -18N starting 15th July
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 Day on the Rhine
- 25 Which hotel in Lisbon?