As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Getting back to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 itinerary help
- 2 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 3 9 days in turkey
- 4 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 5 Germany-berlin marathon
- 6 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 7 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 8 Nice Video about Poland
- 9 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 10 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 11 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 12 Reims for a day
- 13 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 14 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 15 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 16 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 17 Toulouse and beyond -
- 18 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 19 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 20 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 21 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 22 Scotland
- 23 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 24 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 25 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!