As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Getting back to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France,Spain,Italy
- 2 Scotland November 2015
- 3 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 4 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 5 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 6 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 7 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 8 All Set To Go!!
- 9 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 10 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 11 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 12 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 13 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 14 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 15 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 16 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 17 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 18 Good time to visit Russia and Norway because of currency crash ?
- 19 Schengen Visa Rules
- 20 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 21 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 22 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 23 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 24 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 25 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers