As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Getting back to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens/Istanbul March
- 2 English ruined castles
- 3 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 4 Stay away Buchbinder car rental company
- 5 Switzerland
- 6 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 7 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 8 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 9 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 10 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 11 Initial feedback on Spain itin, please
- 12 England and Scotland
- 13 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 14 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 15 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 16 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 17 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 18 Dublin to Armagh?
- 19 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 20 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 21 Gite and/or agritourism
- 22 Apartment for family trip to London
- 23 Prebook B&Bs
- 24 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 25 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?