As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 2 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 3 A hole in the wall in St Germain. Paris
- 4 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 5 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 6 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 7 Oporto
- 8 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 9 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 10 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 11 Italy bus or train
- 12 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 13 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 14 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 15 Porto and vicinity
- 16 Rome to venice
- 17 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 18 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 19 help with Italy itinerary
- 20 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 21 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 23 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 24 Le Marche Research Help
- 25 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight