As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel vs. Babies
- 2 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 3 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 4 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 5 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 6 European Cooking Secrets
- 7 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 8 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 9 Basque country ideas
- 10 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 11 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 12 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 13 First trip to Italy
- 14 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 15 Bruges to Paris Train Questions
- 16 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 17 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 18 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 19 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 20 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 21 20 Days in Europe
- 22 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 23 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 24 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 25 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.