As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Getting back to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 2 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 3 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 4 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 5 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 6 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 7 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 8 Cruise stop at Livirono (Florence/Pisa)
- 9 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 10 Had vignette but got ticket anyway!
- 11 spain
- 12 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 13 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 14 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 15 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 16 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 17 Ireland itinerary assistance
- 18 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 19 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 20 Need help with destinations east of Stockholm
- 21 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 22 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 23 Car Rentals in Ireland - the devil is in the small print!
- 24 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 25 The east coast of Italy