As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uffizi Phone Number
- 2 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 5 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 6 France Itinerary Advice
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 9 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 10 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 11 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 12 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 13 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 14 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 15 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 16 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 17 Firt time VISA applicant
- 18 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 19 Murren to Prague
- 20 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 21 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 24 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 25 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe