As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 2 Restaurant recommendations Athens
- 3 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 4 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 5 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 6 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 7 Travel help laundary
- 8 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 9 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 10 Bruges to Brussels Central
- 11 Itinerary for 3 weeks in Italy
- 12 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 13 Is credit card rental car insurance worth it??
- 14 Croatia to Italy last week in September through October (Bernina Express?)
- 15 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia
- 16 Train to Sorrento
- 17 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 18 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 19 6 nights in Dublin
- 20 Kerry /Dingle Bus Tour
- 21 Trip Report: Ghent, Normandy and Brittany
- 22 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 23 Puglia and Matera
- 24 Going to Istanbul for 3 days
- 25 Help with 1 week in Normandy / Loire Valley