As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 This informative article brings out one distinctive
- 2 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 3 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 4 Flamenco in Madrid
- 5 London - Home Depot
- 6 awesome website for cheap soccer jerseys
- 7 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 8 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 9 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 10 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 11 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 12 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 13 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 14 http://www.vitaminofhealth.com/zynev-male-enhancement/
- 15 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 16 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 17 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 18 Enjoying England for a year!
- 19 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 20 http://www.potentbodyformation.com/crepe-correcting-body-complex/
- 21 gare de nord
- 22 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 23 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 24 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport
- 25 Madrid city centre?