As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Getting back to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 2 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 3 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 4 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 5 Three ferries to Mull
- 6 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 7 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 8 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 9 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 10 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 11 Airport ATMs
- 12 driving in france with kids
- 13 Southern Spain
- 14 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 15 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 16 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 17 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 18 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 19 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 20 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 21 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 22 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 23 Story of the German Christmas star
- 24 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 25 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers