As a traveler, I am so thankful for this forum. There is no better advice than from the person who has had the experience. You have guided us well thus far, causing us to rethink, and revamp our original plans. I hope that at some point my experiences are varied enough that I too can offer advice. I got a late start, so the truth is that I am still playing catch up. I know that sometimes questions sound silly, but you can read and research until you can't, and there is no advice better than the one whose done it.
Okay, that's the prologue, here is the question. We will be in St. Remy and need to return to Paris to catch a cruise to Normandy. We have a rental car at this point. We considered dropping the car in Avignon or Nimes and catching the train to Paris. After reading the forum, I'm concerned about all of those connections, car drop off, train to Paris, and transportation to point of embarkation. I think this opens the door to what we originally wanted to do. Leave St Remy a day early, drive up to Beaune. The drive would afford us the opportunity to see this area, maybe even find a wine tasting. Per your advice that we are waiting for, we could find an offbeat B&B(Chambres d'Hotes).
Now it gets tricky. We would like to drive the car to Chartres, original pick up, and catch the train to Paris ( I read in your forum that is not a good idea in case of delays). I keep reading not to drive in Paris. Is there a better place to drop the car and then get public transportation, taxi, or whatever to our embarkation?
In a nutshell, " Given 2 days, what is the absolute best use of time and still make connections, to get from St. Remy to Paris?" Well, and see and do everything possible along the way!
Thank you for your patience, expertise and sense of humor as you guide us!
Getting back to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lucerne Switzerland
- 2 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 3 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 4 London city Best option for transit
- 5 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 6 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 7 Central Europe itinerary
- 8 First visit to France in November
- 9 Need meal and site advice for not often discussed Greek Islands & Places
- 10 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 11 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 12 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 13 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 14 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 15 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 16 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 17 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 18 at what point should one get health insurance
- 19 Provence in April, 2014, Part 2
- 20 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 21 Europe in December for 10 days
- 22 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 23 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 24 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal
- 25 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?