I am an independent traveler and am planning a trip through the Baltics (Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania) and Poland. I would like to rent a car with automatic transmission in Talinn and leave it off in Warsaw. My prelimimary research has gotten me nowhere. Am I asking for the impossible? If so, I have heard that train travel between these points is very expensive and quite a hassle because you have to go through Belarus. Is this true? Any ideas of getting around these problems will be appreciated.
Getting around the Baltics
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence in October
- 2 To Paris and Provence in June
- 3 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 4 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 5 Traveling within Italy
- 6 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 7 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 8 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 9 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 10 Family European winter holiday
- 11 London at Easter
- 12 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 13 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 14 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 15 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 17 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 18 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 19 Advises for trip to Russia
- 20 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 21 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 22 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 23 Which travel plan?
- 24 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 25 Madrid to Sevilla