My husband and I (who reside in Canada) are travelling to Spain at the end of April 2012 for three weeks.
There is a lot of helpful information to be found in the forum topics but I have two questions that I'm hoping to get some advice on.
1) We were thinking of staying in Malaga for a week, and using the city as a base to vist nearby destinations like Ronda, Gibraltar, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, etc. Is this feasible? We'd probably rent a car to visit the surrounding area but I just want to make sure that Malaga is a good base.
By the way, if it is a good location then does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel... with free wifi?
2) I have read that it isn't wise to rent a car in the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona but I have also read that with the exception of the high speed trains, train travel in Spain isn't the quickest or most economical way to get around. Is this true? If so then any suggestions for travelling around Spain... that also isn't too costly?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy emergency numbers, which one
- 2 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 3 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 4 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 5 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 6 Flamenco in Madrid
- 7 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 8 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 9 London - Home Depot
- 10 The Different Methods To Creating Attraction
- 11 This informative article brings out one distinctive
- 12 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 13 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 14 awesome website for cheap soccer jerseys
- 15 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 16 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 17 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 18 http://www.vitaminofhealth.com/zynev-male-enhancement/
- 19 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 20 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 21 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 22 Enjoying England for a year!
- 23 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 24 http://www.potentbodyformation.com/crepe-correcting-body-complex/
- 25 gare de nord