My husband and I (who reside in Canada) are travelling to Spain at the end of April 2012 for three weeks.
There is a lot of helpful information to be found in the forum topics but I have two questions that I'm hoping to get some advice on.
1) We were thinking of staying in Malaga for a week, and using the city as a base to vist nearby destinations like Ronda, Gibraltar, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, etc. Is this feasible? We'd probably rent a car to visit the surrounding area but I just want to make sure that Malaga is a good base.
By the way, if it is a good location then does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel... with free wifi?
2) I have read that it isn't wise to rent a car in the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona but I have also read that with the exception of the high speed trains, train travel in Spain isn't the quickest or most economical way to get around. Is this true? If so then any suggestions for travelling around Spain... that also isn't too costly?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 2 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 3 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 4 Overnight Train Questions
- 5 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 6 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 7 Italy - best two central locations
- 8 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 9 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 10 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 11 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 12 Vet my itinerary
- 13 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 14 Amsterdam hotels
- 15 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 16 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 17 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 18 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 20 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 21 Istanbul tour guides?
- 22 Flamenco Shows
- 23 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 24 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 25 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?