My husband and I (who reside in Canada) are travelling to Spain at the end of April 2012 for three weeks.
There is a lot of helpful information to be found in the forum topics but I have two questions that I'm hoping to get some advice on.
1) We were thinking of staying in Malaga for a week, and using the city as a base to vist nearby destinations like Ronda, Gibraltar, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, etc. Is this feasible? We'd probably rent a car to visit the surrounding area but I just want to make sure that Malaga is a good base.
By the way, if it is a good location then does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel... with free wifi?
2) I have read that it isn't wise to rent a car in the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona but I have also read that with the exception of the high speed trains, train travel in Spain isn't the quickest or most economical way to get around. Is this true? If so then any suggestions for travelling around Spain... that also isn't too costly?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 2 Italy for the first time
- 3 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 4 20 free days of Europe
- 5 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 6 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 7 Spain Road trip Barcelona to San Sebastian June 2017
- 8 Our European adventures
- 9 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 10 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 11 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 12 Spain Trip Report
- 13 CDG international flight
- 14 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 15 What's the Best way to go to çekirge bursa
- 16 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 17 Norfolk base
- 18 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 19 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 20 Gelato course in Rome?
- 21 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 22 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 23 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 24 5 Day itinerary
- 25 Arriving in Budapest 9/11!