My husband and I (who reside in Canada) are travelling to Spain at the end of April 2012 for three weeks.
There is a lot of helpful information to be found in the forum topics but I have two questions that I'm hoping to get some advice on.
1) We were thinking of staying in Malaga for a week, and using the city as a base to vist nearby destinations like Ronda, Gibraltar, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, etc. Is this feasible? We'd probably rent a car to visit the surrounding area but I just want to make sure that Malaga is a good base.
By the way, if it is a good location then does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel... with free wifi?
2) I have read that it isn't wise to rent a car in the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona but I have also read that with the exception of the high speed trains, train travel in Spain isn't the quickest or most economical way to get around. Is this true? If so then any suggestions for travelling around Spain... that also isn't too costly?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Skiing Village or Small Town near Vienna
- 2 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 3 Uwaga : koniec = parking fine
- 4 European Cooking Secrets
- 5 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 6 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 7 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 8 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 9 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 10 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 11 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 12 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 13 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 14 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 15 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 16 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 17 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 18 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 19 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 20 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 21 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 22 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 23 Verona and Lake Garda
- 24 20 Days in Europe
- 25 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?