My husband and I (who reside in Canada) are travelling to Spain at the end of April 2012 for three weeks.
There is a lot of helpful information to be found in the forum topics but I have two questions that I'm hoping to get some advice on.
1) We were thinking of staying in Malaga for a week, and using the city as a base to vist nearby destinations like Ronda, Gibraltar, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, etc. Is this feasible? We'd probably rent a car to visit the surrounding area but I just want to make sure that Malaga is a good base.
By the way, if it is a good location then does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel... with free wifi?
2) I have read that it isn't wise to rent a car in the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona but I have also read that with the exception of the high speed trains, train travel in Spain isn't the quickest or most economical way to get around. Is this true? If so then any suggestions for travelling around Spain... that also isn't too costly?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Getting Around Spain and Best Spot to Stay
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gatwick to Stratford Station
- 2 Help me find a Villa in Val D'Orcia this Summer!
- 3 Apartments in Rome you have rented and liked
- 4 Returning Oyster card at Kings Cross rail station in London
- 5 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 6 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 7 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 8 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 9 Amsterdam
- 10 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 11 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 12 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 13 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 14 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 15 Vienna-Cesky Krumlov-Prague-Vienna for 7 days
- 16 Dublin to Cashel
- 17 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 18 2-week Central/Eastern Europe itinerary questions
- 19 2 week Europe trip adivce
- 20 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 21 Paris: Best Baguette of 2015
- 22 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 23 Slow, south of france with a baby, a five year old and no driving
- 24 Paris: Best Wine Bars
- 25 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip