My husband and I (who reside in Canada) are travelling to Spain at the end of April 2012 for three weeks.
There is a lot of helpful information to be found in the forum topics but I have two questions that I'm hoping to get some advice on.
1) We were thinking of staying in Malaga for a week, and using the city as a base to vist nearby destinations like Ronda, Gibraltar, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, etc. Is this feasible? We'd probably rent a car to visit the surrounding area but I just want to make sure that Malaga is a good base.
By the way, if it is a good location then does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel... with free wifi?
2) I have read that it isn't wise to rent a car in the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona but I have also read that with the exception of the high speed trains, train travel in Spain isn't the quickest or most economical way to get around. Is this true? If so then any suggestions for travelling around Spain... that also isn't too costly?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 2 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 3 Venice-Dolomites in 6 days
- 4 Renting a car
- 5 Pokemon to sleep during the night
- 6 munich - day trips
- 7 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 8 Loire Valley itinerary
- 9 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 10 Phone cards
- 11 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 12 Reykjavik Trip Report
- 13 Nuit Blanche in Paris Oct 1st
- 14 Juangfrau / mt
- 15 Cheap Hotel in Prague
- 16 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 17 sim card
- 18 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 19 visa expired
- 20 PLITVICE LAKES
- 21 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 22 Family trip to Spain: Barcelona, Seville and San Sebastian
- 23 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 24 written guide for Olympia
- 25 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.