My husband and I (who reside in Canada) are travelling to Spain at the end of April 2012 for three weeks.
There is a lot of helpful information to be found in the forum topics but I have two questions that I'm hoping to get some advice on.
1) We were thinking of staying in Malaga for a week, and using the city as a base to vist nearby destinations like Ronda, Gibraltar, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, etc. Is this feasible? We'd probably rent a car to visit the surrounding area but I just want to make sure that Malaga is a good base.
By the way, if it is a good location then does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel... with free wifi?
2) I have read that it isn't wise to rent a car in the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona but I have also read that with the exception of the high speed trains, train travel in Spain isn't the quickest or most economical way to get around. Is this true? If so then any suggestions for travelling around Spain... that also isn't too costly?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 2 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 3 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 4 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 5 cash or plastic in Greece
- 6 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 7 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 8 Rome and Venice in December
- 9 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 10 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 11 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 12 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 13 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 14 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 15 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 16 planning confusion
- 17 Costa Brava/Girona vs. Dali Museum/Girona Tours With Spanish Trails
- 18 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 19 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 20 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 21 Dublin transportation help
- 22 Flight delayed to from Manchester to Amsterdam
- 23 thermal hot springs near Cassis, France
- 24 Chef recommendations for Villa in Cortona, Italy
- 25 PDX customs 4/28, Spokane, boyfriend in NE Portland,