My husband and I (who reside in Canada) are travelling to Spain at the end of April 2012 for three weeks.
There is a lot of helpful information to be found in the forum topics but I have two questions that I'm hoping to get some advice on.
1) We were thinking of staying in Malaga for a week, and using the city as a base to vist nearby destinations like Ronda, Gibraltar, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, etc. Is this feasible? We'd probably rent a car to visit the surrounding area but I just want to make sure that Malaga is a good base.
By the way, if it is a good location then does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel... with free wifi?
2) I have read that it isn't wise to rent a car in the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona but I have also read that with the exception of the high speed trains, train travel in Spain isn't the quickest or most economical way to get around. Is this true? If so then any suggestions for travelling around Spain... that also isn't too costly?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Getting Around Spain and Best Spot to Stay
- 1 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 2 Apartment in Seville
- 3 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 4 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 5 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 6 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 7 January 29 - March 27, 2014
- 8 ATMs in Prague, Vienna for Bank of America?
- 9 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 10 Ovington Square Flat
- 11 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 12 Istanbul Logistics Help
- 13 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 14 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 15 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 16 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 17 jungfraujoch mid june
- 18 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 19 Hotels in Sorrento
- 20 2001: A Maitaitom Italian Odyssey - "The Lost Trip Report"
- 21 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 22 Germany with 6 month old.
- 23 Day trip to Capri
- 24 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 25 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels