My husband and I (who reside in Canada) are travelling to Spain at the end of April 2012 for three weeks.
There is a lot of helpful information to be found in the forum topics but I have two questions that I'm hoping to get some advice on.
1) We were thinking of staying in Malaga for a week, and using the city as a base to vist nearby destinations like Ronda, Gibraltar, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, etc. Is this feasible? We'd probably rent a car to visit the surrounding area but I just want to make sure that Malaga is a good base.
By the way, if it is a good location then does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel... with free wifi?
2) I have read that it isn't wise to rent a car in the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona but I have also read that with the exception of the high speed trains, train travel in Spain isn't the quickest or most economical way to get around. Is this true? If so then any suggestions for travelling around Spain... that also isn't too costly?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 House Hunting in France
- 2 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 3 Itinerary Tweaking
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 If you had to choose one......
- 8 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 9 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 10 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 11 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 12 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 13 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 14 Ireland in April
- 15 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 18 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 19 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 20 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 21 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 22 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 23 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 24 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 25 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?