My husband and I (who reside in Canada) are travelling to Spain at the end of April 2012 for three weeks.
There is a lot of helpful information to be found in the forum topics but I have two questions that I'm hoping to get some advice on.
1) We were thinking of staying in Malaga for a week, and using the city as a base to vist nearby destinations like Ronda, Gibraltar, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, etc. Is this feasible? We'd probably rent a car to visit the surrounding area but I just want to make sure that Malaga is a good base.
By the way, if it is a good location then does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel... with free wifi?
2) I have read that it isn't wise to rent a car in the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona but I have also read that with the exception of the high speed trains, train travel in Spain isn't the quickest or most economical way to get around. Is this true? If so then any suggestions for travelling around Spain... that also isn't too costly?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Getting Around Spain and Best Spot to Stay
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 2 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 3 italy
- 4 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 5 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 6 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 7 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 8 Foie gras, redux
- 9 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 10 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 11 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 12 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 13 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 14 What to wear
- 15 What still confounds you about travel?
- 16 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 17 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 18 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 19 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 20 Pronunciation
- 21 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 22 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 23 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 24 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 25 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015