My husband and I (who reside in Canada) are travelling to Spain at the end of April 2012 for three weeks.
There is a lot of helpful information to be found in the forum topics but I have two questions that I'm hoping to get some advice on.
1) We were thinking of staying in Malaga for a week, and using the city as a base to vist nearby destinations like Ronda, Gibraltar, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, etc. Is this feasible? We'd probably rent a car to visit the surrounding area but I just want to make sure that Malaga is a good base.
By the way, if it is a good location then does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel... with free wifi?
2) I have read that it isn't wise to rent a car in the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona but I have also read that with the exception of the high speed trains, train travel in Spain isn't the quickest or most economical way to get around. Is this true? If so then any suggestions for travelling around Spain... that also isn't too costly?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Getting Around Spain and Best Spot to Stay
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 4 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 5 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 6 Traveling to Munich
- 7 Day trips from Marseille
- 8 London tube
- 9 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 10 cooking classes
- 11 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 12 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 13 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 14 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 15 Zurich, Switzerland
- 16 Day trip from London to Paris
- 17 Europe in 21 days
- 18 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 19 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 20 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 21 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 22 one last portugal car rental question
- 23 Venice
- 24 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 25 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us