My husband and I (who reside in Canada) are travelling to Spain at the end of April 2012 for three weeks.
There is a lot of helpful information to be found in the forum topics but I have two questions that I'm hoping to get some advice on.
1) We were thinking of staying in Malaga for a week, and using the city as a base to vist nearby destinations like Ronda, Gibraltar, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, etc. Is this feasible? We'd probably rent a car to visit the surrounding area but I just want to make sure that Malaga is a good base.
By the way, if it is a good location then does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel... with free wifi?
2) I have read that it isn't wise to rent a car in the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona but I have also read that with the exception of the high speed trains, train travel in Spain isn't the quickest or most economical way to get around. Is this true? If so then any suggestions for travelling around Spain... that also isn't too costly?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Under Seige...
- 2 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 3 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 4 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 5 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 6 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 7 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 8 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 9 What one thing in Paris?
- 10 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 11 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 12 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 13 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 14 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 15 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 16 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 17 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 18 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 19 Help with Itineray Central Europe
- 20 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 21 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 22 Global Travel Warning...
- 23 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 24 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 25 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!