I'm heading to a conference in Istanbul travelling as a solo woman
I like looking around myself but am aware of safety issues travelling solo
I'm arriving at airport late at night, hotel is very close, is a taxi a safe option generally?
My hotel is close to the international airport so a bit of a distance from the main sites, looks like there's a light rail nearby, how is this for an option to get to old area of city
What about returning at night taxi versus trains etc?
Any useful tips greatly received!!
Getting around Istanbul and safety issues for women
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 2 Spain Questions
- 3 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 4 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 7 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 8 Dublin Hostels
- 9 Avignon to London?
- 10 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 11 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 12 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 13 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 14 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 15 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 16 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 17 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 18 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 19 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 20 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 21 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 22 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 23 Traveling to Munich
- 24 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 25 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation