I'm heading to a conference in Istanbul travelling as a solo woman
I like looking around myself but am aware of safety issues travelling solo
I'm arriving at airport late at night, hotel is very close, is a taxi a safe option generally?
My hotel is close to the international airport so a bit of a distance from the main sites, looks like there's a light rail nearby, how is this for an option to get to old area of city
What about returning at night taxi versus trains etc?
Any useful tips greatly received!!
Getting around Istanbul and safety issues for women
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 2 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 3 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 4 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 5 Traveling in France by train
- 6 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 7 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 8 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 9 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 10 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 11 Sicily - not a trip report
- 12 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 15 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 16 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 17 Fashion for larger man?
- 18 car rental advice in Portugal
- 19 Fjords, How To?
- 20 Duoro river cruises
- 21 What to wear
- 22 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 23 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 24 Budget for 3 Month's
- 25 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions