I'm heading to a conference in Istanbul travelling as a solo woman
I like looking around myself but am aware of safety issues travelling solo
I'm arriving at airport late at night, hotel is very close, is a taxi a safe option generally?
My hotel is close to the international airport so a bit of a distance from the main sites, looks like there's a light rail nearby, how is this for an option to get to old area of city
What about returning at night taxi versus trains etc?
Any useful tips greatly received!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Tweesters Travel with Tito: 2 weeks in Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia
- 2 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 3 Norway in Nutshell - weather
- 4 Three Weeks in Turkey Short Trip Report
- 5 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 6 Croatia, Bosnia and Slovenia itinerary help
- 7 Barcelona to Marseille (Toulon)
- 8 Rhodes and then where in Greece?
- 9 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 10 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 11 Finalizing Itinerary
- 12 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 13 Venice : Trying not to overplan
- 14 Tuscany - Chianti / Val d'Orcia
- 15 Greece- Santorini Hotels
- 16 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne
- 17 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris
- 18 Traveling to Multiple Countries
- 19 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 20 Magical Greece. A 13 day jaunt across the Aegean
- 21 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids
- 22 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 23 Frankfurt, Germany hotels
- 24 Southern Italy
- 25 Tips To Get Schengen Visa For Full 90 Days From Toronto For Indian Citizens