I'm heading to a conference in Istanbul travelling as a solo woman
I like looking around myself but am aware of safety issues travelling solo
I'm arriving at airport late at night, hotel is very close, is a taxi a safe option generally?
My hotel is close to the international airport so a bit of a distance from the main sites, looks like there's a light rail nearby, how is this for an option to get to old area of city
What about returning at night taxi versus trains etc?
Any useful tips greatly received!!
Getting around Istanbul and safety issues for women
- 1 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 2 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 3 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 4 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 5 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 6 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 7 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 8 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 9 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 10 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 11 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 12 Venice in Jan
- 13 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 14 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 15 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 16 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 17 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 18 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 19 Prague Main Train Station
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 woman dining alone in Barcelona: where to eat?
- 23 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 24 British drivers
- 25 Trip around Spain