I'm heading to a conference in Istanbul travelling as a solo woman
I like looking around myself but am aware of safety issues travelling solo
I'm arriving at airport late at night, hotel is very close, is a taxi a safe option generally?
My hotel is close to the international airport so a bit of a distance from the main sites, looks like there's a light rail nearby, how is this for an option to get to old area of city
What about returning at night taxi versus trains etc?
Any useful tips greatly received!!
Getting around Istanbul and safety issues for women
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 2 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 3 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 4 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 5 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 6 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 7 I went to Paris in June
- 8 where to stay in Germany
- 9 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 10 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 11 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 12 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 13 Stay away from EF Tours
- 14 Theater in London
- 15 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 16 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 17 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 18 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 19 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 20 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 21 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 22 Trip Report: What can you say about Greece?
- 23 Firenze Card OR Amici Degli Uffizi Card??
- 24 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 25 Advise for travelling to Eastern Europe(including Balkans)