I'm heading to a conference in Istanbul travelling as a solo woman
I like looking around myself but am aware of safety issues travelling solo
I'm arriving at airport late at night, hotel is very close, is a taxi a safe option generally?
My hotel is close to the international airport so a bit of a distance from the main sites, looks like there's a light rail nearby, how is this for an option to get to old area of city
What about returning at night taxi versus trains etc?
Any useful tips greatly received!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 2 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 3 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 4 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 5 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 6 Italy emergency numbers, which one
- 7 gare de nord
- 8 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 9 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 10 BIKE AND BARGE
- 11 Flight from Athens to Turkey
- 12 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 14 London - Home Depot
- 15 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 16 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 17 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 18 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 19 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 20 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 21 Enjoying England for a year!
- 22 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 23 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 24 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport
- 25 Madrid city centre?