I am planning a trip around Italy for August-September next year ... a 5 week trip.
I would love some help on sites where I can get public transport information esp. planning the routes and times etc. My husband loves driving and isn't keen on public transport, but I am reading the posts about the difficulty driving in some areas.
And if anyone would like to critique the itinerary, feel free! We still have some flexibility to change
1. We land in Milan and head to Bellagio - 3 nights
2. Baveno at Lake Maggiore - 3 nights (should we hire a car here?)
3. Aosta - 3 nights
4. Genoa - 2 nights (and then dump the car here?)
5. Manarola, Cinque Terra - 5 nights
6. Castellina in Chianti - 7 nights (we will hire a car here for the week)
7. Ravello on the Amalfi coast - 4 nights (catch the train from Florence to Naples and then ferries?)
8. Capri- 2 nights
9. Rome - 5 nights (my husband is querying if this is too long in Rome - we have been there once before, but it is decades ago...not sure that he wants to line up to see all the churches and monuments again
Also we arrive on 14th of August and leave on 17th September - are there any major festivals that we should be rearranging our itinerary to see?
Thank you so so much...there are quite a few questions here!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 2 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 3 12 days europe
- 4 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 5 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 6 Christmas Week in London
- 7 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 8 Too much for one day?
- 9 Travel WiFi - France
- 10 Travel from Dublin Airport to Sligo City
- 11 Italy for the first time
- 12 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 13 RFID Protection
- 14 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 15 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 16 Germany and Austria trip report
- 17 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 18 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 19 London Itinerary and Questions
- 20 Beaches in Southern France
- 21 3 days to spend in europe
- 22 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 23 Ali
- 24 Paris to Ramstein
- 25 Lyon: where to have an authentic bouchon experience?