I am planning a trip around Italy for August-September next year ... a 5 week trip.
I would love some help on sites where I can get public transport information esp. planning the routes and times etc. My husband loves driving and isn't keen on public transport, but I am reading the posts about the difficulty driving in some areas.
And if anyone would like to critique the itinerary, feel free! We still have some flexibility to change
1. We land in Milan and head to Bellagio - 3 nights
2. Baveno at Lake Maggiore - 3 nights (should we hire a car here?)
3. Aosta - 3 nights
4. Genoa - 2 nights (and then dump the car here?)
5. Manarola, Cinque Terra - 5 nights
6. Castellina in Chianti - 7 nights (we will hire a car here for the week)
7. Ravello on the Amalfi coast - 4 nights (catch the train from Florence to Naples and then ferries?)
8. Capri- 2 nights
9. Rome - 5 nights (my husband is querying if this is too long in Rome - we have been there once before, but it is decades ago...not sure that he wants to line up to see all the churches and monuments again
Also we arrive on 14th of August and leave on 17th September - are there any major festivals that we should be rearranging our itinerary to see?
Thank you so so much...there are quite a few questions here!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 2 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 3 Hostel Advice
- 4 Hertz Never Lost
- 5 Rome for a week
- 6 Holiday in Europe
- 7 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 8 trip to Italy
- 9 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 10 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 11 Train from Lille to Delft
- 12 Poland in September
- 13 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 14 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 15 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 16 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 17 First Time Europe Trip
- 18 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 19 Amalfi or Positano
- 20 particularly just headquartered on the great
- 21 2 weeks in Prague
- 22 student in denmark
- 23 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 24 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 25 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips