I am planning a trip around Italy for August-September next year ... a 5 week trip.
I would love some help on sites where I can get public transport information esp. planning the routes and times etc. My husband loves driving and isn't keen on public transport, but I am reading the posts about the difficulty driving in some areas.
And if anyone would like to critique the itinerary, feel free! We still have some flexibility to change
1. We land in Milan and head to Bellagio - 3 nights
2. Baveno at Lake Maggiore - 3 nights (should we hire a car here?)
3. Aosta - 3 nights
4. Genoa - 2 nights (and then dump the car here?)
5. Manarola, Cinque Terra - 5 nights
6. Castellina in Chianti - 7 nights (we will hire a car here for the week)
7. Ravello on the Amalfi coast - 4 nights (catch the train from Florence to Naples and then ferries?)
8. Capri- 2 nights
9. Rome - 5 nights (my husband is querying if this is too long in Rome - we have been there once before, but it is decades ago...not sure that he wants to line up to see all the churches and monuments again
Also we arrive on 14th of August and leave on 17th September - are there any major festivals that we should be rearranging our itinerary to see?
Thank you so so much...there are quite a few questions here!!
Getting around in Italy - 5 weeks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 2 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 3 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 4 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 5 Northern Lights - What else to see
- 6 10 days in England
- 7 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 8 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 9 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 10 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 11 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 12 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 13 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 14 Which One?
- 15 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 16 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 17 month's stay in Italy
- 18 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 19 Planning third trip to France-where to next?
- 20 International driving permit required in France?
- 21 Visit to Bath and London england
- 22 Germany Visa for conference
- 23 Food in Paris-Dining out
- 24 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 25 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey