We leave a week from today and our travel plans are in place, thanks to the invaluable advice from all of you! Here's one more question re. cell phones. We always get a local SIM when we travel and use it in our old Nokia, this method has worked in several countries. However, I hear that in Turkey our cell phone needs to be registered, which takes 5 days, this means we won't have a local number for the first half of our stay. Would like you Turkey experts to tell me if this is true, would it be better to just buy a cheap phone once we are in Istanbul? We usually get the SIM at the airport itself, can we buy a cheap there itself? Thanks in advance!
Getting a SIM card and cell phone in Turkey
View all Europe activity »
- 1 River cruises
- 2 More help with housing in Puglia
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 5 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 6 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 9 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 10 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 11 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 12 7 days in Andalucia
- 13 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 14 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 15 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 17 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 18 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 19 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 20 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 21 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 25 Anniversary Weekend in Paris