We leave a week from today and our travel plans are in place, thanks to the invaluable advice from all of you! Here's one more question re. cell phones. We always get a local SIM when we travel and use it in our old Nokia, this method has worked in several countries. However, I hear that in Turkey our cell phone needs to be registered, which takes 5 days, this means we won't have a local number for the first half of our stay. Would like you Turkey experts to tell me if this is true, would it be better to just buy a cheap phone once we are in Istanbul? We usually get the SIM at the airport itself, can we buy a cheap there itself? Thanks in advance!
Getting a SIM card and cell phone in Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 2 Useful website for France
- 3 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 4 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 5 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Munich and Dachau
- 8 London visit
- 9 Duoro river cruises
- 10 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 11 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 12 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 15 Small group for Colosseum
- 16 SIM card for eastern europe
- 17 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 18 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 19 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 20 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 21 Madrid and London
- 22 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 23 21 Days in Central Europe
- 24 Three days in Spain
- 25 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?