We leave a week from today and our travel plans are in place, thanks to the invaluable advice from all of you! Here's one more question re. cell phones. We always get a local SIM when we travel and use it in our old Nokia, this method has worked in several countries. However, I hear that in Turkey our cell phone needs to be registered, which takes 5 days, this means we won't have a local number for the first half of our stay. Would like you Turkey experts to tell me if this is true, would it be better to just buy a cheap phone once we are in Istanbul? We usually get the SIM at the airport itself, can we buy a cheap there itself? Thanks in advance!
Getting a SIM card and cell phone in Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 2 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 3 Satnav maps update
- 4 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 5 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 6 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 7 Is this realistic... advice?
- 8 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 9 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 10 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 11 Greece after the Vote
- 12 rail pass
- 13 France to Italy advice needed please
- 14 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 15 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 16 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 17 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 18 Spanish Music
- 19 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 20 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 21 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 22 3 days Vienna. Is Melk Worth it?
- 23 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy
- 24 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip