We leave a week from today and our travel plans are in place, thanks to the invaluable advice from all of you! Here's one more question re. cell phones. We always get a local SIM when we travel and use it in our old Nokia, this method has worked in several countries. However, I hear that in Turkey our cell phone needs to be registered, which takes 5 days, this means we won't have a local number for the first half of our stay. Would like you Turkey experts to tell me if this is true, would it be better to just buy a cheap phone once we are in Istanbul? We usually get the SIM at the airport itself, can we buy a cheap there itself? Thanks in advance!
Getting a SIM card and cell phone in Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Matisse at Tate
- 2 London and Where Else in late December?
- 3 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 4 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 5 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 6 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 7 3 weeks in Europe
- 8 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 9 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 10 Bologna airport to train to Florence
- 11 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 12 Small Group walking tour Switzerland
- 13 Andaluzia - where to stay in Seville and Malaga?
- 14 Istanbul Itinerary
- 15 Germany and Poland Itinerary - Would appreciate feedback
- 16 Bologna tips
- 17 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 18 Edinburgh - outings?
- 19 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 20 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 21 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 22 What to wear
- 23 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 24 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 25 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons