We leave a week from today and our travel plans are in place, thanks to the invaluable advice from all of you! Here's one more question re. cell phones. We always get a local SIM when we travel and use it in our old Nokia, this method has worked in several countries. However, I hear that in Turkey our cell phone needs to be registered, which takes 5 days, this means we won't have a local number for the first half of our stay. Would like you Turkey experts to tell me if this is true, would it be better to just buy a cheap phone once we are in Istanbul? We usually get the SIM at the airport itself, can we buy a cheap there itself? Thanks in advance!
Getting a SIM card and cell phone in Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 2 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 3 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 4 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 5 2 Weeks in Paris
- 6 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 7 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 8 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 9 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 10 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 11 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 12 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 13 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 14 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 15 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 16 Internet or travel agent?
- 17 Raining in rome
- 18 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 19 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 20 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 21 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 22 Christmas in Munich
- 23 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 24 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 25 Porto area, sights, day trips, areas to stay?