I am travelling next weekend to the UK for 2 weeks and will spend time all over England and Scotland
I land at Heathrow terminal 4 on the 21st at 11:30 am and then I have a train to Edinburgh Waverley at 4 pm from Kings Cross. I plan to travel by tube from the airport to Kings Cross station - i believe Picadilly Line runs straight
I have an unlocked phone and I plan to buy a local prepaid SIM with data for use over the 2 weeks - Since I plan to use Google maps etc and I will be on the road a lot, I will probably use a fair amount of data (2-4 GB)
What is a good SIM for me to buy? And more importantly, what is a convenient place for me to pick it up? Heathrow? Kings Cross? Or will i have to wait till i reach Edinburgh?
I can see there is an outlet of SimLocal at 3 arrival terminals at Heathrow, but unfortunately not at Terminal 4
Appreciate any suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 4 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 5 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 6 Juangfrau / mt
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 11 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Italy
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Revised itinerary for italy
- 24 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!