I am travelling next weekend to the UK for 2 weeks and will spend time all over England and Scotland
I land at Heathrow terminal 4 on the 21st at 11:30 am and then I have a train to Edinburgh Waverley at 4 pm from Kings Cross. I plan to travel by tube from the airport to Kings Cross station - i believe Picadilly Line runs straight
I have an unlocked phone and I plan to buy a local prepaid SIM with data for use over the 2 weeks - Since I plan to use Google maps etc and I will be on the road a lot, I will probably use a fair amount of data (2-4 GB)
What is a good SIM for me to buy? And more importantly, what is a convenient place for me to pick it up? Heathrow? Kings Cross? Or will i have to wait till i reach Edinburgh?
I can see there is an outlet of SimLocal at 3 arrival terminals at Heathrow, but unfortunately not at Terminal 4
Appreciate any suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 2 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 3 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 4 Travelling through Europe by RV in May 2017
- 5 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 6 Praiano
- 7 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 8 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 9 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 10 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 11 A hole in the wall in St Germain. Paris
- 12 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 13 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 14 Oporto
- 15 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 16 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 17 Italy bus or train
- 18 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 19 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 20 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 21 Porto and vicinity
- 22 Rome to venice
- 23 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 24 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 25 help with Italy itinerary