We've decided to spend Christmas with friends in Germany this year. We will arrive in Munich on 12/18 at 7:30 am and would like to see some of the countries listed above. My thoughts are after spending a day or 2 in Munich, I'd love to see the Christmas market and Hofburg Castle in Vienna, do a Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg then head towards Lucerne, Bern or Basel, Switzerland. Eventually we would head towards Stuttgart (where my friend lives) and back to Munich for our departing flight on 12/28.
This is just a rough guide of things we'd like to do and see. I realize it is busy and we might need to eliminate something. There are 2 things I am most curious about. We need to find a place to spend Christmas. Many hotels are booked already. I'd like to be at some sort of resort and people have mentioned Jungfrau and Lower Bavaria as nice options. Where we choose to spend Christmas will affect our itinerary. Any thoughts on possible locations for a festive Christmas away from home that will be able to accomodate 9 people? Next, with the winter weather possibilities, would you consider renting a car to do the trip or rely on eurorail and public transportation?
Thanks for your guidance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RICOH PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT RICOH Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 3 Milan or Turin
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 6 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 7 God Save the Queen?
- 8 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 9 Frankfurt to UK
- 10 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 13 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 14 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 15 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 16 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 17 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 18 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 21 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 22 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 23 9 Days in Spain
- 24 Barcelona alternative
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP