We've decided to spend Christmas with friends in Germany this year. We will arrive in Munich on 12/18 at 7:30 am and would like to see some of the countries listed above. My thoughts are after spending a day or 2 in Munich, I'd love to see the Christmas market and Hofburg Castle in Vienna, do a Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg then head towards Lucerne, Bern or Basel, Switzerland. Eventually we would head towards Stuttgart (where my friend lives) and back to Munich for our departing flight on 12/28.
This is just a rough guide of things we'd like to do and see. I realize it is busy and we might need to eliminate something. There are 2 things I am most curious about. We need to find a place to spend Christmas. Many hotels are booked already. I'd like to be at some sort of resort and people have mentioned Jungfrau and Lower Bavaria as nice options. Where we choose to spend Christmas will affect our itinerary. Any thoughts on possible locations for a festive Christmas away from home that will be able to accomodate 9 people? Next, with the winter weather possibilities, would you consider renting a car to do the trip or rely on eurorail and public transportation?
Thanks for your guidance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 2 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 5 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 6 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 9 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 10 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 13 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 14 Bath/Cotswolds
- 15 Reports on trekking in Iceland
- 16 Thinking about the Fjords
- 17 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 18 Globus Iberian Tour
- 19 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 20 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 21 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 22 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 23 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 24 Poland to Austria In December
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more