My hubby & I are toying with the idea of a trip in late november/early dec. Not sure yet. But we were thinking of maybe austria/germany/poland/holland. Yes, I know, that's a lot of ground to cover. I was hoping maybe someone could help -- I have no idea what the actual travel time between places is. Also-would you have suggestions as to good things to do, places to visit, etc? And is this a good time to come? I know it will be cold but we're ok w/ that. We thought it would be nice to see the christmas markets & the cities decorated. i would also like to go into the country & see some of the castles along the rhine. Could we do that in winter? As far as Amsterdam, I'd really just like a day & night in the city, to visit the Anne Franke house & later the nightlife. I'd like to see some of the castles in the countryside in Germany. I want to take the hot-tug! Hear the Vienna Boys Choir, see the Lippizanner horses (did I spell that right?) Take the Sound of Music tour. The Alps. Aushwitz, the Warsaw ghetto (seems wrong to list those w/ the other things). So many things I don't know where to start. I'm thinking 2-3 wks, not sure yet. Suggestions? Thoughts? Ideas? Thanks!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 To Paris and Provence in June
- 3 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 4 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Which travel plan?
- 7 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 8 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 9 Madrid to Sevilla
- 10 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 11 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 12 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 15 London at Easter
- 16 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 17 Prague - must see
- 18 Travel by train or bus
- 19 Car in Prague
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 21 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 24 Family European winter holiday
- 25 Planning a holiday