I have been stalking the boards for a very long time and finally brave enough to post!
My husband and I are going to Germany/Austria this summer (July) for 10 days and I need some help focusing my interests.
A bit of background on us: late 20s couple, travel pretty extensively (Costa Rica, Spain, Czech republic, Israel, Italy etc), very active (my husband can only deal with so many museums so I need to plan wisely), love culture/music/eating/drinking/outdoors.
We are renting a car from Dusseldorf and flying out of Munich. From my research, here is a list of places or experiences we are interested in which is basically a southern germany/a bit of Austria itinerary.
Wine/beer festival, Neuschwanstein castle (any better options? less touristy?), Dachau, hearing classical music in Vienna, a black forest "visit", mosel or rhine (can't decide), and some typical german villages--non touristy and unique.
Something I really want but if I must can live without-->visiting Cresky Krumlov . The problem is our rental car is not allowed in the country which would mean buses (and 2 days out of our itinerary). Is it worth it?
I know this sounds a bit unorganized and quite frankly, it is. I've had trouble narrowing down my interests and any help offered would be very greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 4 God Save the Queen?
- 5 9 Days in Spain
- 6 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 9 Barcelona alternative
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 14 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 15 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 16 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 17 Iceland
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 20 Milan or Turin
- 21 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily