I have been stalking the boards for a very long time and finally brave enough to post!
My husband and I are going to Germany/Austria this summer (July) for 10 days and I need some help focusing my interests.
A bit of background on us: late 20s couple, travel pretty extensively (Costa Rica, Spain, Czech republic, Israel, Italy etc), very active (my husband can only deal with so many museums so I need to plan wisely), love culture/music/eating/drinking/outdoors.
We are renting a car from Dusseldorf and flying out of Munich. From my research, here is a list of places or experiences we are interested in which is basically a southern germany/a bit of Austria itinerary.
Wine/beer festival, Neuschwanstein castle (any better options? less touristy?), Dachau, hearing classical music in Vienna, a black forest "visit", mosel or rhine (can't decide), and some typical german villages--non touristy and unique.
Something I really want but if I must can live without-->visiting Cresky Krumlov . The problem is our rental car is not allowed in the country which would mean buses (and 2 days out of our itinerary). Is it worth it?
I know this sounds a bit unorganized and quite frankly, it is. I've had trouble narrowing down my interests and any help offered would be very greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 2 Budapest in December 2017
- 3 Trek through Eur
- 4 Amsterdam hotels
- 5 Denmark or Sweden?
- 6 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 7 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 8 Europe itinerary questions
- 9 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 10 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 11 Paris hotels
- 12 London Hotels
- 13 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 We're here!
- 16 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 17 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 18 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 24 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 25 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt