I have been stalking the boards for a very long time and finally brave enough to post!
My husband and I are going to Germany/Austria this summer (July) for 10 days and I need some help focusing my interests.
A bit of background on us: late 20s couple, travel pretty extensively (Costa Rica, Spain, Czech republic, Israel, Italy etc), very active (my husband can only deal with so many museums so I need to plan wisely), love culture/music/eating/drinking/outdoors.
We are renting a car from Dusseldorf and flying out of Munich. From my research, here is a list of places or experiences we are interested in which is basically a southern germany/a bit of Austria itinerary.
Wine/beer festival, Neuschwanstein castle (any better options? less touristy?), Dachau, hearing classical music in Vienna, a black forest "visit", mosel or rhine (can't decide), and some typical german villages--non touristy and unique.
Something I really want but if I must can live without-->visiting Cresky Krumlov . The problem is our rental car is not allowed in the country which would mean buses (and 2 days out of our itinerary). Is it worth it?
I know this sounds a bit unorganized and quite frankly, it is. I've had trouble narrowing down my interests and any help offered would be very greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 2 Plan Italy trip
- 3 European Championship
- 4 sim card
- 5 http://garciniaweightlose.com/garcinia-active-slim/
- 6 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 7 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 8 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 9 when you consider that it swivels
- 10 Train from Rome to Naples
- 11 How to reduce weight
- 12 Transportation from Heathrow Airport to Central London
- 13 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 14 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 15 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 16 http://glycematefacts.com/zetaclear/
- 17 Prague-Vienna-Salzburg-Lech-Munich
- 18 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 19 Spain to Morocco
- 20 Sardinia, Italy
- 21 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 22 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 23 3 days in Beaune / Dijon...any tips/recos?
- 24 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 25 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure