I have been stalking the boards for a very long time and finally brave enough to post!
My husband and I are going to Germany/Austria this summer (July) for 10 days and I need some help focusing my interests.
A bit of background on us: late 20s couple, travel pretty extensively (Costa Rica, Spain, Czech republic, Israel, Italy etc), very active (my husband can only deal with so many museums so I need to plan wisely), love culture/music/eating/drinking/outdoors.
We are renting a car from Dusseldorf and flying out of Munich. From my research, here is a list of places or experiences we are interested in which is basically a southern germany/a bit of Austria itinerary.
Wine/beer festival, Neuschwanstein castle (any better options? less touristy?), Dachau, hearing classical music in Vienna, a black forest "visit", mosel or rhine (can't decide), and some typical german villages--non touristy and unique.
Something I really want but if I must can live without-->visiting Cresky Krumlov . The problem is our rental car is not allowed in the country which would mean buses (and 2 days out of our itinerary). Is it worth it?
I know this sounds a bit unorganized and quite frankly, it is. I've had trouble narrowing down my interests and any help offered would be very greatly appreciated!
Germany/Austria Road trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 2 Augsburg with kids
- 3 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 4 May trip to the islands
- 5 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 6 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 7 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 8 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 9 Three days in Spain
- 10 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 11 Venice hotel selection
- 12 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 13 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 14 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 15 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 16 Paris in April?
- 17 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 18 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 19 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 20 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 21 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 22 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 23 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 He said , she said