I have been stalking the boards for a very long time and finally brave enough to post!
My husband and I are going to Germany/Austria this summer (July) for 10 days and I need some help focusing my interests.
A bit of background on us: late 20s couple, travel pretty extensively (Costa Rica, Spain, Czech republic, Israel, Italy etc), very active (my husband can only deal with so many museums so I need to plan wisely), love culture/music/eating/drinking/outdoors.
We are renting a car from Dusseldorf and flying out of Munich. From my research, here is a list of places or experiences we are interested in which is basically a southern germany/a bit of Austria itinerary.
Wine/beer festival, Neuschwanstein castle (any better options? less touristy?), Dachau, hearing classical music in Vienna, a black forest "visit", mosel or rhine (can't decide), and some typical german villages--non touristy and unique.
Something I really want but if I must can live without-->visiting Cresky Krumlov . The problem is our rental car is not allowed in the country which would mean buses (and 2 days out of our itinerary). Is it worth it?
I know this sounds a bit unorganized and quite frankly, it is. I've had trouble narrowing down my interests and any help offered would be very greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON printer solutions CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 TECHNICAL SUPP0RT CARE
- 2 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 5 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 6 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 7 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 8 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 9 Maximizing Norway time
- 10 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 11 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 12 Studying art in English in venice
- 13 Berlin to ?
- 14 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 15 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 16 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 17 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 18 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 19 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 20 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 24 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 25 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?