I have been stalking the boards for a very long time and finally brave enough to post!
My husband and I are going to Germany/Austria this summer (July) for 10 days and I need some help focusing my interests.
A bit of background on us: late 20s couple, travel pretty extensively (Costa Rica, Spain, Czech republic, Israel, Italy etc), very active (my husband can only deal with so many museums so I need to plan wisely), love culture/music/eating/drinking/outdoors.
We are renting a car from Dusseldorf and flying out of Munich. From my research, here is a list of places or experiences we are interested in which is basically a southern germany/a bit of Austria itinerary.
Wine/beer festival, Neuschwanstein castle (any better options? less touristy?), Dachau, hearing classical music in Vienna, a black forest "visit", mosel or rhine (can't decide), and some typical german villages--non touristy and unique.
Something I really want but if I must can live without-->visiting Cresky Krumlov . The problem is our rental car is not allowed in the country which would mean buses (and 2 days out of our itinerary). Is it worth it?
I know this sounds a bit unorganized and quite frankly, it is. I've had trouble narrowing down my interests and any help offered would be very greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 2 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 3 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 4 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 5 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 6 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 7 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 8 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 9 20 free days of Europe
- 10 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 11 CDG international flight
- 12 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 13 12 days europe
- 14 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 15 Budapest on a budget
- 16 Seville in late January
- 17 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 18 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 19 Help family trip Sardinia with 2years old
- 20 3 days to spend in europe
- 21 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 22 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 23 RFID Protection
- 24 Beaches in Southern France
- 25 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?