Thanks for taking the time to read and offer suggestions. We, family of 4 including 2 teenage girls, were planning a 2 week trip in Austria/Germany, and hoping for a little Prague, after a one week trip in Lithuania with family. Now two things have changed:
1) The family trip dates have changed, I have no control over this, so I will have 9 full days before we meet them in Lithuania - I am not counting the day we arrive in Germany and the day we must travel to meet them in Lithuania. I will then have 3 days after Lithuania
2) We just had a German exchange student with us and she became a part of the family and she invited my daughter to stay with her after our trip - but she lives in Konstanz which geographically is way out of our way.
So, I now have to figure out how to condense the 2 week trip into the 9 full days before Lithuania...and figure out the best way to travel to Konstanz and then home.
Thanks for reading thus far.
I wanted to do Munich/Rothenburg ob der Tauber/Salzburg/Prague/Dresden/Berlin - then fly to Lithuania. But while that was ambitions in 14 days, it is now out of the question for 9.
I'd like to do the typical touristy stuff - beer, alpine slides, salt mines, a hike or two and just wandering around, so no worries about elegant meals,operas,or too many museums...just not kid friendly enough. I have been there before so this is a trip geared mainly toward the teenagers - my oldest studies German so she is thrilled at the prospects of just about anything!
Berlin is a must do, but so is Munich - both seem to be a good base for travel to other places. Just not sure how to divvy up the time that makes sense so we're not rushed but also near airports to get to and from Lithuania cheaply...I'm assuming that flying is the best way to get there.
Thanks so much for reading and I appreciate all your tips!
Germany/Austria - how to condense?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 2 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 3 Spending money in Italy?
- 4 staying a month or so in each place
- 5 URGENT: Fontana Del Papa, Tolfa Cooking School Info Pls
- 6 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 7 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 8 Late night train from Prague
- 9 Robbed in Rome... by a "Police Officer"?
- 10 Down in the River To Say "Bore Da": Wales May/June 2014
- 11 December honeymoon in Europe
- 12 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 13 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 14 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 15 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 16 Itinerary for 11 day trip to France
- 17 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 18 Madrid and London
- 19 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 20 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 21 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 22 Visiting Amsterdam, Brussels and Bruges
- 23 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 24 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 25 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?