Thanks for taking the time to read and offer suggestions. We, family of 4 including 2 teenage girls, were planning a 2 week trip in Austria/Germany, and hoping for a little Prague, after a one week trip in Lithuania with family. Now two things have changed:
1) The family trip dates have changed, I have no control over this, so I will have 9 full days before we meet them in Lithuania - I am not counting the day we arrive in Germany and the day we must travel to meet them in Lithuania. I will then have 3 days after Lithuania
2) We just had a German exchange student with us and she became a part of the family and she invited my daughter to stay with her after our trip - but she lives in Konstanz which geographically is way out of our way.
So, I now have to figure out how to condense the 2 week trip into the 9 full days before Lithuania...and figure out the best way to travel to Konstanz and then home.
Thanks for reading thus far.
I wanted to do Munich/Rothenburg ob der Tauber/Salzburg/Prague/Dresden/Berlin - then fly to Lithuania. But while that was ambitions in 14 days, it is now out of the question for 9.
I'd like to do the typical touristy stuff - beer, alpine slides, salt mines, a hike or two and just wandering around, so no worries about elegant meals,operas,or too many museums...just not kid friendly enough. I have been there before so this is a trip geared mainly toward the teenagers - my oldest studies German so she is thrilled at the prospects of just about anything!
Berlin is a must do, but so is Munich - both seem to be a good base for travel to other places. Just not sure how to divvy up the time that makes sense so we're not rushed but also near airports to get to and from Lithuania cheaply...I'm assuming that flying is the best way to get there.
Thanks so much for reading and I appreciate all your tips!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Just Us 2 Wedding and 2 Wks in Europe. We need help planning please!
- 2 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 3 Lost in venice
- 4 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 5 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 6 air conditioning
- 7 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 8 railfrom amstedam to reims fr
- 9 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 10 Backpacking Europe with my Bestfriend (18yo f)
- 11 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 12 Where to stay between Galway & Killarney
- 13 Interlaken, hotel and day hikes
- 14 Barcelona Itinerary
- 15 Bath or Exeter
- 16 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
- 17 Munich to Milan via train
- 18 Hotels in Barcelona
- 19 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 20 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 21 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 22 Self-driving in Iceland
- 23 Obtaining Swiss francs in Switzerland
- 24 Metro tickets in Paris
- 25 Slovenia & Croatia itinerary help