Thanks for taking the time to read and offer suggestions. We, family of 4 including 2 teenage girls, were planning a 2 week trip in Austria/Germany, and hoping for a little Prague, after a one week trip in Lithuania with family. Now two things have changed:
1) The family trip dates have changed, I have no control over this, so I will have 9 full days before we meet them in Lithuania - I am not counting the day we arrive in Germany and the day we must travel to meet them in Lithuania. I will then have 3 days after Lithuania
2) We just had a German exchange student with us and she became a part of the family and she invited my daughter to stay with her after our trip - but she lives in Konstanz which geographically is way out of our way.
So, I now have to figure out how to condense the 2 week trip into the 9 full days before Lithuania...and figure out the best way to travel to Konstanz and then home.
Thanks for reading thus far.
I wanted to do Munich/Rothenburg ob der Tauber/Salzburg/Prague/Dresden/Berlin - then fly to Lithuania. But while that was ambitions in 14 days, it is now out of the question for 9.
I'd like to do the typical touristy stuff - beer, alpine slides, salt mines, a hike or two and just wandering around, so no worries about elegant meals,operas,or too many museums...just not kid friendly enough. I have been there before so this is a trip geared mainly toward the teenagers - my oldest studies German so she is thrilled at the prospects of just about anything!
Berlin is a must do, but so is Munich - both seem to be a good base for travel to other places. Just not sure how to divvy up the time that makes sense so we're not rushed but also near airports to get to and from Lithuania cheaply...I'm assuming that flying is the best way to get there.
Thanks so much for reading and I appreciate all your tips!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 days in Austria
- 2 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 3 Train questions for Switzerland
- 4 Italy by car
- 5 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 6 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 7 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 8 Corsica- Propriano or Porto Vecchio
- 9 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 10 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 11 Three days in Istanbul in August
- 12 One in Paris ... help
- 13 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 14 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 15 Travel Safety in Germany & Switzerland
- 16 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 17 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 18 Sardinia Italian's paradise
- 19 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 20 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 21 Florence 2 weeks
- 22 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 23 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 24 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 25 Can't go to Ravello so....where?