Thanks for taking the time to read and offer suggestions. We, family of 4 including 2 teenage girls, were planning a 2 week trip in Austria/Germany, and hoping for a little Prague, after a one week trip in Lithuania with family. Now two things have changed:
1) The family trip dates have changed, I have no control over this, so I will have 9 full days before we meet them in Lithuania - I am not counting the day we arrive in Germany and the day we must travel to meet them in Lithuania. I will then have 3 days after Lithuania
2) We just had a German exchange student with us and she became a part of the family and she invited my daughter to stay with her after our trip - but she lives in Konstanz which geographically is way out of our way.
So, I now have to figure out how to condense the 2 week trip into the 9 full days before Lithuania...and figure out the best way to travel to Konstanz and then home.
Thanks for reading thus far.
I wanted to do Munich/Rothenburg ob der Tauber/Salzburg/Prague/Dresden/Berlin - then fly to Lithuania. But while that was ambitions in 14 days, it is now out of the question for 9.
I'd like to do the typical touristy stuff - beer, alpine slides, salt mines, a hike or two and just wandering around, so no worries about elegant meals,operas,or too many museums...just not kid friendly enough. I have been there before so this is a trip geared mainly toward the teenagers - my oldest studies German so she is thrilled at the prospects of just about anything!
Berlin is a must do, but so is Munich - both seem to be a good base for travel to other places. Just not sure how to divvy up the time that makes sense so we're not rushed but also near airports to get to and from Lithuania cheaply...I'm assuming that flying is the best way to get there.
Thanks so much for reading and I appreciate all your tips!
Germany/Austria - how to condense?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Photographer in Paris?
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 First visit to France in November
- 5 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 6 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 7 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 8 Hey Fodor's
- 9 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 10 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 11 Advice please...
- 12 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 13 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 14 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 15 Which hotel in London?
- 16 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 17 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 18 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 19 19 countries in a day
- 20 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 21 Venice; recommendations
- 22 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 23 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 24 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 25 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal