Thanks for taking the time to read and offer suggestions. We, family of 4 including 2 teenage girls, were planning a 2 week trip in Austria/Germany, and hoping for a little Prague, after a one week trip in Lithuania with family. Now two things have changed:
1) The family trip dates have changed, I have no control over this, so I will have 9 full days before we meet them in Lithuania - I am not counting the day we arrive in Germany and the day we must travel to meet them in Lithuania. I will then have 3 days after Lithuania
2) We just had a German exchange student with us and she became a part of the family and she invited my daughter to stay with her after our trip - but she lives in Konstanz which geographically is way out of our way.
So, I now have to figure out how to condense the 2 week trip into the 9 full days before Lithuania...and figure out the best way to travel to Konstanz and then home.
Thanks for reading thus far.
I wanted to do Munich/Rothenburg ob der Tauber/Salzburg/Prague/Dresden/Berlin - then fly to Lithuania. But while that was ambitions in 14 days, it is now out of the question for 9.
I'd like to do the typical touristy stuff - beer, alpine slides, salt mines, a hike or two and just wandering around, so no worries about elegant meals,operas,or too many museums...just not kid friendly enough. I have been there before so this is a trip geared mainly toward the teenagers - my oldest studies German so she is thrilled at the prospects of just about anything!
Berlin is a must do, but so is Munich - both seem to be a good base for travel to other places. Just not sure how to divvy up the time that makes sense so we're not rushed but also near airports to get to and from Lithuania cheaply...I'm assuming that flying is the best way to get there.
Thanks so much for reading and I appreciate all your tips!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples or Genoa
- 2 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 3 Prague on a budget...
- 4 December in Slovenia
- 5 Itinerary help please!
- 6 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 7 France to stop making foie grois
- 8 Norway road trip- September 2016- suggestions please
- 9 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 10 Traveling with medication in bulk
- 11 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 12 How best to spend a day in Tallinn
- 13 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 14 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 15 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 16 From Genoa to Rome...
- 17 Spain in November
- 18 5 nights in Andalusia
- 19 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 20 Greece Itinerary
- 21 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 22 Road trip Bergen to Trolltunga
- 23 From Riga airport to Riga downtown 222 mini-bus
- 24 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 25 How big backpack do I need?