Thanks for taking the time to read and offer suggestions. We, family of 4 including 2 teenage girls, were planning a 2 week trip in Austria/Germany, and hoping for a little Prague, after a one week trip in Lithuania with family. Now two things have changed:
1) The family trip dates have changed, I have no control over this, so I will have 9 full days before we meet them in Lithuania - I am not counting the day we arrive in Germany and the day we must travel to meet them in Lithuania. I will then have 3 days after Lithuania
2) We just had a German exchange student with us and she became a part of the family and she invited my daughter to stay with her after our trip - but she lives in Konstanz which geographically is way out of our way.
So, I now have to figure out how to condense the 2 week trip into the 9 full days before Lithuania...and figure out the best way to travel to Konstanz and then home.
Thanks for reading thus far.
I wanted to do Munich/Rothenburg ob der Tauber/Salzburg/Prague/Dresden/Berlin - then fly to Lithuania. But while that was ambitions in 14 days, it is now out of the question for 9.
I'd like to do the typical touristy stuff - beer, alpine slides, salt mines, a hike or two and just wandering around, so no worries about elegant meals,operas,or too many museums...just not kid friendly enough. I have been there before so this is a trip geared mainly toward the teenagers - my oldest studies German so she is thrilled at the prospects of just about anything!
Berlin is a must do, but so is Munich - both seem to be a good base for travel to other places. Just not sure how to divvy up the time that makes sense so we're not rushed but also near airports to get to and from Lithuania cheaply...I'm assuming that flying is the best way to get there.
Thanks so much for reading and I appreciate all your tips!
Germany/Austria - how to condense?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe itinerary advice
- 2 Anti-Semitism in Hungary/Austria?
- 3 Camino No-No
- 4 Non-Crowded Europe in Mid-July
- 5 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 6 How to book reservations with Renfe Spain Pass
- 7 2 week limit. Start in Barcelona and end in Paris. How to fill the middle?
- 8 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 9 Greece for a month with a baby
- 10 Seeking Suggestions for 4 day itinerary (flying out of Lyon)
- 11 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 12 Amsterdam restaurants
- 13 Cornwall North Coast hotel
- 14 Bologna, Italy Apartment Rentals
- 15 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 16 Scenic drive from Ghent to Amsterdam
- 17 A week in Paris
- 18 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 19 Bayeux tapestry
- 20 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 21 Ice Bar at the Nordic Sea Hotel, Stockholm
- 22 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 23 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 24 Day visit to Terezin Memorial - Tour or on our own?
- 25 9 days in switzerland