Thanks for taking the time to read and offer suggestions. We, family of 4 including 2 teenage girls, were planning a 2 week trip in Austria/Germany, and hoping for a little Prague, after a one week trip in Lithuania with family. Now two things have changed:
1) The family trip dates have changed, I have no control over this, so I will have 9 full days before we meet them in Lithuania - I am not counting the day we arrive in Germany and the day we must travel to meet them in Lithuania. I will then have 3 days after Lithuania
2) We just had a German exchange student with us and she became a part of the family and she invited my daughter to stay with her after our trip - but she lives in Konstanz which geographically is way out of our way.
So, I now have to figure out how to condense the 2 week trip into the 9 full days before Lithuania...and figure out the best way to travel to Konstanz and then home.
Thanks for reading thus far.
I wanted to do Munich/Rothenburg ob der Tauber/Salzburg/Prague/Dresden/Berlin - then fly to Lithuania. But while that was ambitions in 14 days, it is now out of the question for 9.
I'd like to do the typical touristy stuff - beer, alpine slides, salt mines, a hike or two and just wandering around, so no worries about elegant meals,operas,or too many museums...just not kid friendly enough. I have been there before so this is a trip geared mainly toward the teenagers - my oldest studies German so she is thrilled at the prospects of just about anything!
Berlin is a must do, but so is Munich - both seem to be a good base for travel to other places. Just not sure how to divvy up the time that makes sense so we're not rushed but also near airports to get to and from Lithuania cheaply...I'm assuming that flying is the best way to get there.
Thanks so much for reading and I appreciate all your tips!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Sicily in 11 days by public transport
- 2 Help with honeymoon itinerary - Paris, Barcelona and South of Spain
- 3 Trip to Europe October 2016
- 4 Qustions: Europen river cruises solo
- 5 A wonderful month in France
- 6 An ambitions plan for Andalusia
- 7 Need recommendations for car rental agencies in Crete and Naxos
- 8 Six days in Yorkshire and Derbyshire
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in San Sebastián
- 10 French towns in autumn
- 11 Octoberfest
- 12 Guys please Help, Italy areas, where to stay. Running out of time.
- 13 Flights from Milos Greece to Rome
- 14 French countryside/wine country
- 15 Day Trip From London
- 16 Any used www.only-apartments.com to book Paris Apartment?
- 17 Stamp from consulate instead of student visa?
- 18 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 19 5 Nights in the Midlands
- 20 9 days to visit Paris, London and maybe Florence?!
- 21 Where to stay in Northern Ireland and should we try to see Cliffs of Moher?
- 22 Kiel Canal Day trip?
- 23 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 24 returning car at europcar's Des Ternes location in Paris
- 25 London/Newcastle trip