I am just in the very beginning stages of planning a family trip to Germany/Austria for June 2013. We have 3 weeks total but the first week will be spend in Lithuania with grandparents. I anticipate that while it will be enjoyable, the kids (14 and 17) will get a little bored with the usual adult fare of museums, churches, visiting family, etc.
The second two weeks are just our family and I'd like to have some unique, out of the box ideas for the kids to do. We plan on the salt mines, ice caves and alpine slides - but no ideas which one might be more adventurous.
Again, I am just beginning so I have no set plans as to where we'll go and how long - kinda fun!
Any thoughts or ideas??
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 2 http://www.supplementoffers.org/skinnoir-cream/
- 3 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 4 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 5 http://thedropnet.com/curvy-bust
- 6 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 7 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 8 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 9 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 10 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 11 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 12 Provence to Nice driving
- 13 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 14 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 15 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 17 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 18 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 19 German Train travel
- 20 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 21 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 22 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 23 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 24 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 25 Barcelona on budget