I am just in the very beginning stages of planning a family trip to Germany/Austria for June 2013. We have 3 weeks total but the first week will be spend in Lithuania with grandparents. I anticipate that while it will be enjoyable, the kids (14 and 17) will get a little bored with the usual adult fare of museums, churches, visiting family, etc.
The second two weeks are just our family and I'd like to have some unique, out of the box ideas for the kids to do. We plan on the salt mines, ice caves and alpine slides - but no ideas which one might be more adventurous.
Again, I am just beginning so I have no set plans as to where we'll go and how long - kinda fun!
Any thoughts or ideas??
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 2 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 3 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 4 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 5 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 6 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 7 House Hunting in France
- 8 If you had to choose one......
- 9 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 10 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 11 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 12 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 13 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Portugal with large family
- 16 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 17 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 18 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 19 Croatia
- 20 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 21 Croatia trip Planning
- 22 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 25 Driving in Italy?