I am just in the very beginning stages of planning a family trip to Germany/Austria for June 2013. We have 3 weeks total but the first week will be spend in Lithuania with grandparents. I anticipate that while it will be enjoyable, the kids (14 and 17) will get a little bored with the usual adult fare of museums, churches, visiting family, etc.
The second two weeks are just our family and I'd like to have some unique, out of the box ideas for the kids to do. We plan on the salt mines, ice caves and alpine slides - but no ideas which one might be more adventurous.
Again, I am just beginning so I have no set plans as to where we'll go and how long - kinda fun!
Any thoughts or ideas??
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help in travel planning
- 2 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 3 Puglia or La Langhe
- 4 French immersion courses in France
- 5 Munich
- 6 Paris---baguette question???
- 7 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 8 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 9 Vienna or Budapest?
- 10 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 11 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 12 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 13 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 14 Italy/Greece with kids
- 15 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 16 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 17 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 18 10 day Greek Island trip
- 19 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 20 Portugal itinerary help
- 21 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 22 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 23 Lisbon NYE
- 24 Drive Vienna to Salzburg
- 25 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich