I am just in the very beginning stages of planning a family trip to Germany/Austria for June 2013. We have 3 weeks total but the first week will be spend in Lithuania with grandparents. I anticipate that while it will be enjoyable, the kids (14 and 17) will get a little bored with the usual adult fare of museums, churches, visiting family, etc.
The second two weeks are just our family and I'd like to have some unique, out of the box ideas for the kids to do. We plan on the salt mines, ice caves and alpine slides - but no ideas which one might be more adventurous.
Again, I am just beginning so I have no set plans as to where we'll go and how long - kinda fun!
Any thoughts or ideas??
Thanks so much,
Germany/Austria - fun ideas for teens
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 2 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 3 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 4 Sicily - not a trip report
- 5 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 6 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 7 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 8 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 9 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 10 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 11 Fashion for larger man?
- 12 car rental advice in Portugal
- 13 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 14 Fjords, How To?
- 15 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 16 Duoro river cruises
- 17 What to wear
- 18 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 19 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 20 Budget for 3 Month's
- 21 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 22 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 23 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 24 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 25 Suggestions for trip to England with preteen girls 11 & 13?