My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany for our 40th anniversary. We've never been there and were considering a car trip including Austria and Switzerland for a two week trip. I started looking at Rick Steve's tours and wondered what your thoughts were on tours vs on-your-own visits.
Germany with tour group or car/train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 2 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 3 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 4 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 5 Naxos in May
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Scenic train rides from Milan to Lucerne
- 8 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 9 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 10 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 11 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 12 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 13 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 14 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 15 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 16 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 17 Paris and where else?
- 18 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 19 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 20 Eleanor's Pages
- 21 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 22 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 23 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 24 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 25 Transportation ticket in Athens