My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany for our 40th anniversary. We've never been there and were considering a car trip including Austria and Switzerland for a two week trip. I started looking at Rick Steve's tours and wondered what your thoughts were on tours vs on-your-own visits.
Germany with tour group or car/train?
- 1 Do and don't, eating in France
- 2 Travelling within Florence and to Siena
- 3 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 4 Rome apartment
- 5 Yet another train question......
- 6 Best area to stay in Rome
- 7 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 8 Getting the best our of Europe
- 9 london travelcrard
- 10 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 11 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 12 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 13 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 14 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 15 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 16 Rhine River Lights Fireworks
- 17 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 18 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 19 Am I too fat too travel?
- 20 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 21 Cross-Pollinate apartments for London? Any experience?
- 22 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 23 France Itinerary Help
- 24 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 25 Paris Ticket t+