My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany for our 40th anniversary. We've never been there and were considering a car trip including Austria and Switzerland for a two week trip. I started looking at Rick Steve's tours and wondered what your thoughts were on tours vs on-your-own visits.
Germany with tour group or car/train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?
- 2 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 3 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 4 Great restaurants in Italy
- 5 Greece after the Vote
- 6 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 7 Age for booking a hotel?
- 8 Germany for 3 weeks
- 9 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 10 The Vatican Latest
- 11 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 12 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 13 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 14 April in Madrid
- 15 Mona Lisa Discovered
- 16 Help Plan Our Trip !
- 17 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 18 Renting an apt.
- 19 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 20 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 21 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 22 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 23 Germany and Switzerland
- 24 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 25 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland