Hello Fodors Family,
I come to you for suggestions and ideas regarding a trip to Germany in June. First a little about us... My husband and I are in our early 40's and we have 2 girls ages 10 and 7. We are all seasoned travelers and are comfortable moving around in europe by train, foot and car. We've been to Prague, scotland, Austria, England and a whole host of other countries in Europe. We live to travel and do an annual trip if we can afford it. We like the unbeaten path and a enjoy creature comforts considering the kids are with us. We typically stay in apartments( easy to make meals if needed) plus more space, B&B and on occasion hotels if no option or if its a short visit. We have driven in Austria before but this trip the hubby and I have decided to train instead.
So Here is the Itinerary:
Fly into Berlin- 4 nights( very late night arrival on the first day)-possible day trip somewhere close an option.
Train to Bamburg- 1 or 2 nights?
Train to Nuremberg- 1 0r 2 nights?
Train to Fussen- to see the castles mainly- not sure how many nights 1 or 2?
Train back up to Munich for 3 nights and fly out
Need help determining who long in each place. we have a total of 12 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 7 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 10 Alitala
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 13 celticmoon, a quick question
- 14 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 What fresh hell is this?
- 17 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 20 Which Train Station in Venice
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 22 Greek Village
- 23 Berlin
- 24 Bordeaux to Nice
- 25 Austrian Train Purchase from US
Hello Fodors Family,