Hello Fodors Family,
I come to you for suggestions and ideas regarding a trip to Germany in June. First a little about us... My husband and I are in our early 40's and we have 2 girls ages 10 and 7. We are all seasoned travelers and are comfortable moving around in europe by train, foot and car. We've been to Prague, scotland, Austria, England and a whole host of other countries in Europe. We live to travel and do an annual trip if we can afford it. We like the unbeaten path and a enjoy creature comforts considering the kids are with us. We typically stay in apartments( easy to make meals if needed) plus more space, B&B and on occasion hotels if no option or if its a short visit. We have driven in Austria before but this trip the hubby and I have decided to train instead.
So Here is the Itinerary:
Fly into Berlin- 4 nights( very late night arrival on the first day)-possible day trip somewhere close an option.
Train to Bamburg- 1 or 2 nights?
Train to Nuremberg- 1 0r 2 nights?
Train to Fussen- to see the castles mainly- not sure how many nights 1 or 2?
Train back up to Munich for 3 nights and fly out
Need help determining who long in each place. we have a total of 12 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 2 Denmark or Sweden?
- 3 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 4 Trek through Eur
- 5 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 6 Europe itinerary questions
- 7 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 8 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 9 Paris hotels
- 10 London Hotels
- 11 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 15 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Amsterdam hotels
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 23 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 Brugge hotel help
Hello Fodors Family,