Hello Fodors Family,
I come to you for suggestions and ideas regarding a trip to Germany in June. First a little about us... My husband and I are in our early 40's and we have 2 girls ages 10 and 7. We are all seasoned travelers and are comfortable moving around in europe by train, foot and car. We've been to Prague, scotland, Austria, England and a whole host of other countries in Europe. We live to travel and do an annual trip if we can afford it. We like the unbeaten path and a enjoy creature comforts considering the kids are with us. We typically stay in apartments( easy to make meals if needed) plus more space, B&B and on occasion hotels if no option or if its a short visit. We have driven in Austria before but this trip the hubby and I have decided to train instead.
So Here is the Itinerary:
Fly into Berlin- 4 nights( very late night arrival on the first day)-possible day trip somewhere close an option.
Train to Bamburg- 1 or 2 nights?
Train to Nuremberg- 1 0r 2 nights?
Train to Fussen- to see the castles mainly- not sure how many nights 1 or 2?
Train back up to Munich for 3 nights and fly out
Need help determining who long in each place. we have a total of 12 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid food advice needed
- 2 Need help in completing trip details
- 3 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 4 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 5 Split to Hvar
- 6 Paris for children
- 7 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 8 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 9 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 10 Which area to stay in London
- 11 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 12 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 13 Algarve - is it for me?
- 14 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 15 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 16 Itinery help Crete
- 17 Naples + Walking Tour
- 18 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 19 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 20 TIM in FCO - update
- 21 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 22 16 days in France and Italy
- 23 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 24 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
Hello Fodors Family,