Can Amsterdam be seen in just one long day or do we need two? Would you give up time in Germany to head to Amsterdam? we are staying in an apt in Brussels and we don't mind paying to spend the night in hotels or doing the night trains. Suggestions? Any cities that you think we would enjoy are appreciated. We are not shoppers but love to see the sights, cathedrals, castles, etc. I have researched going down the river to see castles and a lot of them were closed -Burg Eltz or they have limited hours and days due to winter. We really were excited about seeing Munich since it is more the Bavaria side of Germany but a lot of you suggested that was just too far to go via train. Would you suggest going back into Lille France. We will be coming out of Paris and we have been to Luxemburg. Thanks for any input you give.
germany vs amsterdam end of November
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 2 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 3 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 4 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 5 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 6 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 7 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 8 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 9 Five nights in Extremadura
- 10 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 11 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 12 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 13 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 14 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 15 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 16 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 17 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 18 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 19 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 22 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 23 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 24 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 25 Portugal or Bulgaria