Can Amsterdam be seen in just one long day or do we need two? Would you give up time in Germany to head to Amsterdam? we are staying in an apt in Brussels and we don't mind paying to spend the night in hotels or doing the night trains. Suggestions? Any cities that you think we would enjoy are appreciated. We are not shoppers but love to see the sights, cathedrals, castles, etc. I have researched going down the river to see castles and a lot of them were closed -Burg Eltz or they have limited hours and days due to winter. We really were excited about seeing Munich since it is more the Bavaria side of Germany but a lot of you suggested that was just too far to go via train. Would you suggest going back into Lille France. We will be coming out of Paris and we have been to Luxemburg. Thanks for any input you give.
germany vs amsterdam end of November
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 2 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 3 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 4 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 5 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 6 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 7 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 8 Sunny September Trip Report
- 9 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 10 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 11 Paris in 1 Day
- 12 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 13 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 14 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 15 Transports in Santorini
- 16 Scotland Votes "No"
- 17 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 18 Oslo in early Oct
- 19 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 20 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 21 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 22 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 23 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 24 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche