Can Amsterdam be seen in just one long day or do we need two? Would you give up time in Germany to head to Amsterdam? we are staying in an apt in Brussels and we don't mind paying to spend the night in hotels or doing the night trains. Suggestions? Any cities that you think we would enjoy are appreciated. We are not shoppers but love to see the sights, cathedrals, castles, etc. I have researched going down the river to see castles and a lot of them were closed -Burg Eltz or they have limited hours and days due to winter. We really were excited about seeing Munich since it is more the Bavaria side of Germany but a lot of you suggested that was just too far to go via train. Would you suggest going back into Lille France. We will be coming out of Paris and we have been to Luxemburg. Thanks for any input you give.
germany vs amsterdam end of November
View all Europe activity »
- 1 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 2 TGV and Provence questions
- 3 Rome Accommodation
- 4 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 5 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 6 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 7 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 8 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 Italian Lakes gardens
- 11 Chambermaid tipping
- 12 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 13 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 14 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 15 London for Christmas
- 16 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip
- 17 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 18 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 19 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 20 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 23 Greek islands from Turkey
- 24 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 25 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?