Can Amsterdam be seen in just one long day or do we need two? Would you give up time in Germany to head to Amsterdam? we are staying in an apt in Brussels and we don't mind paying to spend the night in hotels or doing the night trains. Suggestions? Any cities that you think we would enjoy are appreciated. We are not shoppers but love to see the sights, cathedrals, castles, etc. I have researched going down the river to see castles and a lot of them were closed -Burg Eltz or they have limited hours and days due to winter. We really were excited about seeing Munich since it is more the Bavaria side of Germany but a lot of you suggested that was just too far to go via train. Would you suggest going back into Lille France. We will be coming out of Paris and we have been to Luxemburg. Thanks for any input you give.
germany vs amsterdam end of November
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel by train in Poland?
- 2 Central Europe for 8 days over NYE break
- 3 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 4 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 5 Trains
- 6 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 7 Planning a Trip to Iceland
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 10 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 11 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 12 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 13 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 14 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 15 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 16 Two European Cities in 8 days (Paris and one more)
- 17 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 18 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 19 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 20 Malaga to Madrid, then short stay before flight departure
- 21 UK with Kids
- 22 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 23 Florence/Venice/Tuscany driving vacation
- 24 DVD players in France
- 25 Freising or Erding?