Can Amsterdam be seen in just one long day or do we need two? Would you give up time in Germany to head to Amsterdam? we are staying in an apt in Brussels and we don't mind paying to spend the night in hotels or doing the night trains. Suggestions? Any cities that you think we would enjoy are appreciated. We are not shoppers but love to see the sights, cathedrals, castles, etc. I have researched going down the river to see castles and a lot of them were closed -Burg Eltz or they have limited hours and days due to winter. We really were excited about seeing Munich since it is more the Bavaria side of Germany but a lot of you suggested that was just too far to go via train. Would you suggest going back into Lille France. We will be coming out of Paris and we have been to Luxemburg. Thanks for any input you give.
germany vs amsterdam end of November
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin to Armagh?
- 2 Air pollution in Paris
- 3 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 6 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 7 Naxos in May
- 8 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 9 England and Scotland
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 12 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 13 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 14 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 15 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 16 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 17 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 18 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 19 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 20 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 21 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 22 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 23 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 24 France, Italy and Greec
- 25 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"