Can Amsterdam be seen in just one long day or do we need two? Would you give up time in Germany to head to Amsterdam? we are staying in an apt in Brussels and we don't mind paying to spend the night in hotels or doing the night trains. Suggestions? Any cities that you think we would enjoy are appreciated. We are not shoppers but love to see the sights, cathedrals, castles, etc. I have researched going down the river to see castles and a lot of them were closed -Burg Eltz or they have limited hours and days due to winter. We really were excited about seeing Munich since it is more the Bavaria side of Germany but a lot of you suggested that was just too far to go via train. Would you suggest going back into Lille France. We will be coming out of Paris and we have been to Luxemburg. Thanks for any input you give.
germany vs amsterdam end of November
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 2 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 3 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 4 Greece after the Vote
- 5 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 6 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 7 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 8 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 9 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 10 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 11 Satnav maps update
- 12 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 13 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 14 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 15 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 16 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 17 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 18 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 19 mallorca
- 20 April in Madrid
- 21 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 22 France to Italy advice needed please
- 23 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 24 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 25 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece