Can Amsterdam be seen in just one long day or do we need two? Would you give up time in Germany to head to Amsterdam? we are staying in an apt in Brussels and we don't mind paying to spend the night in hotels or doing the night trains. Suggestions? Any cities that you think we would enjoy are appreciated. We are not shoppers but love to see the sights, cathedrals, castles, etc. I have researched going down the river to see castles and a lot of them were closed -Burg Eltz or they have limited hours and days due to winter. We really were excited about seeing Munich since it is more the Bavaria side of Germany but a lot of you suggested that was just too far to go via train. Would you suggest going back into Lille France. We will be coming out of Paris and we have been to Luxemburg. Thanks for any input you give.
germany vs amsterdam end of November
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 2 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 3 Our first trip to Europe
- 4 Reestaurant Suggestions in Naples
- 5 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 6 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 7 Mont St. Michele?
- 8 Albi/Carcassone
- 9 Itinerary help needed!
- 10 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 11 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 12 Where to travel during the first week of April in Europe?
- 13 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 14 Trip Report / Amsterdam - Haarlem - Bruges - Paris / by train
- 15 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 16 Never traveled abroad before — have one week to get from Derry to Paris
- 17 Bologna: Aperitivo Time
- 18 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 19 Help with Itinerary, choosing Florence and Venice over Chianti area
- 20 Paris Libraries
- 21 Bologna Restaurants
- 22 Revisit someplace you've already been or go somewhere new?
- 23 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 24 Austrian train pricing
- 25 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!