Can Amsterdam be seen in just one long day or do we need two? Would you give up time in Germany to head to Amsterdam? we are staying in an apt in Brussels and we don't mind paying to spend the night in hotels or doing the night trains. Suggestions? Any cities that you think we would enjoy are appreciated. We are not shoppers but love to see the sights, cathedrals, castles, etc. I have researched going down the river to see castles and a lot of them were closed -Burg Eltz or they have limited hours and days due to winter. We really were excited about seeing Munich since it is more the Bavaria side of Germany but a lot of you suggested that was just too far to go via train. Would you suggest going back into Lille France. We will be coming out of Paris and we have been to Luxemburg. Thanks for any input you give.
germany vs amsterdam end of November
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 2 No Pooh in Poland
- 3 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 4 Portugal in January
- 5 Raining in rome
- 6 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 7 Fabulous Palermo
- 8 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 9 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 10 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 11 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 12 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 13 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 14 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 15 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 16 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 17 Taormina Sicily
- 18 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 19 choosing seats at La Scala
- 20 Please help! 3weeks Europe Holiday Itinerary holiday
- 21 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 22 Day trips from Lisbon
- 23 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 24 Paris and where else?
- 25 Dolomites - Where to stay!