Can Amsterdam be seen in just one long day or do we need two? Would you give up time in Germany to head to Amsterdam? we are staying in an apt in Brussels and we don't mind paying to spend the night in hotels or doing the night trains. Suggestions? Any cities that you think we would enjoy are appreciated. We are not shoppers but love to see the sights, cathedrals, castles, etc. I have researched going down the river to see castles and a lot of them were closed -Burg Eltz or they have limited hours and days due to winter. We really were excited about seeing Munich since it is more the Bavaria side of Germany but a lot of you suggested that was just too far to go via train. Would you suggest going back into Lille France. We will be coming out of Paris and we have been to Luxemburg. Thanks for any input you give.
germany vs amsterdam end of November
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 2 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 3 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 4 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 5 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 6 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 7 Ireland or Scotland
- 8 I dream of Europe
- 9 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 10 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 11 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 12 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 13 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 14 Last minute trip in Europe 25th Oct - 2nd Nov, interested in joining?
- 15 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 18 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 19 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 20 Autumn in Paris
- 21 Weekend in Norfolk
- 22 Athens at New Years
- 23 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 24 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 25 Cotswold Churches