I am planning a 3 week trip for my mom, my young boys, and me to Germany this summer or next. We spent 4 weeks there last summer and visited quite a bit, so I am looking to stay put in one area this next trip.
We thoroughly enjoyed the Chiemgau area and that is probably top of our list. We also enjoyed the Harz very much and were enchanted with Garmish-Partenkirchen, Grainau. Freiburg was also very lovely.
I am looking for the following: A place to stay that gives us day trip options that are fairly close (we will no doubt have a car), a charming Altstadt, lots of nature, and a lake or two for the boys to swim in.
I know that sounds open ended, but I'd like to avoid the bigger cities.....I've seen and done them all. We've spent considerable amount of time near Dresden, Munich, etc.
We would even consider places in Austria. Any thoughts? I have been searching vacation homes, etc, but maybe there are some areas I am not considering that would fit the bill.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DELL@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care*
- 2 http://sexuallubricants.org/xcell-180
- 3 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 4 Sicily: which coast?
- 5 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 6 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 7 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 8 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 9 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 10 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 11 Now to Madrid
- 12 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 13 3 days solo in London
- 14 Chania
- 15 Edinbrugh
- 16 Berlin to ?
- 17 Hotels in Turin
- 18 Help on ancient history route
- 19 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 20 Studying art in English in venice
- 21 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 22 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 23 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 24 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 25 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....