I am back with another Germany train question. I want to travel from Olbernhau-Grunthal to Munchen on Wednesday December 21. Since the schedules are not yet open, I searched on Wednesday December 7, and found these options for 3 people traveling.
Olbernhau-Grünthal 10:38 6:00 3 RB, RE, RE, ICE 67,00 EUR
München Hbf 16:38
Olbernhau-Grünthal 10:38 6:38 2 RB, RE, ALX 60,00 EUR
München Hbf 17:16
Do I understand correctly that I can either book the journey including an ICE train in advance for E67 and be commited to that exact schedule, OR buy the Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket for a weekday, leave anytime after 9am on any local transport for E60.
Are the Quer-durchs-Land-Tickets limited, or may they be bought at the station as you leave?
Do you need to specify the date to be used when purchased, or can a I just buy a ticket and then use any day? I see on the DB webiste that they may be bought in advance, but I am not sure if you need to specify the day to be used at the time of purchase.
Thanks again for your information and expertise!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 2 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 3 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 4 St Denis Cathedral
- 5 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 6 Rouen Tour Companies
- 7 Italy bus or train
- 8 Vacation
- 9 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 10 Ireland itinerary help please
- 11 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 14 Rome-Itinerary
- 15 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 16 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 17 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 18 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 19 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 20 5 days greece tour! Help me plz!
- 21 Berlin to Italy
- 22 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 23 Florence - Where to stay
- 24 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 25 Killarney