I am back with another Germany train question. I want to travel from Olbernhau-Grunthal to Munchen on Wednesday December 21. Since the schedules are not yet open, I searched on Wednesday December 7, and found these options for 3 people traveling.
Olbernhau-Grünthal 10:38 6:00 3 RB, RE, RE, ICE 67,00 EUR
München Hbf 16:38
Olbernhau-Grünthal 10:38 6:38 2 RB, RE, ALX 60,00 EUR
München Hbf 17:16
Do I understand correctly that I can either book the journey including an ICE train in advance for E67 and be commited to that exact schedule, OR buy the Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket for a weekday, leave anytime after 9am on any local transport for E60.
Are the Quer-durchs-Land-Tickets limited, or may they be bought at the station as you leave?
Do you need to specify the date to be used when purchased, or can a I just buy a ticket and then use any day? I see on the DB webiste that they may be bought in advance, but I am not sure if you need to specify the day to be used at the time of purchase.
Thanks again for your information and expertise!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 seat reservations
- 3 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 4 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 5 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 6 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 7 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 8 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 9 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 10 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 11 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 12 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 13 Italy in a week
- 14 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 15 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 16 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 17 Germany-Car or Train
- 18 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 19 SURPRISE TRIP
- 20 Jewish Vienna
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Reaching the Lake District
- 23 Positano Hotel in September
- 24 Scotland itinerary advice
- 25 Brussels flower tapestry