I am back with another Germany train question. I want to travel from Olbernhau-Grunthal to Munchen on Wednesday December 21. Since the schedules are not yet open, I searched on Wednesday December 7, and found these options for 3 people traveling.
Olbernhau-Grünthal 10:38 6:00 3 RB, RE, RE, ICE 67,00 EUR
München Hbf 16:38
Olbernhau-Grünthal 10:38 6:38 2 RB, RE, ALX 60,00 EUR
München Hbf 17:16
Do I understand correctly that I can either book the journey including an ICE train in advance for E67 and be commited to that exact schedule, OR buy the Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket for a weekday, leave anytime after 9am on any local transport for E60.
Are the Quer-durchs-Land-Tickets limited, or may they be bought at the station as you leave?
Do you need to specify the date to be used when purchased, or can a I just buy a ticket and then use any day? I see on the DB webiste that they may be bought in advance, but I am not sure if you need to specify the day to be used at the time of purchase.
Thanks again for your information and expertise!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens Help
- 2 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 3 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 4 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 5 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 6 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 7 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 Transport for local Venice travel
- 10 London vacation rental agency
- 11 Sim Card
- 12 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 Borghese Gallery Question
- 15 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 SE ITALY
- 18 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 19 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 20 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 21 Sicily help
- 22 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 23 Towns around Lucca
- 24 Cork questions
- 25 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy