I am back with another Germany train question. I want to travel from Olbernhau-Grunthal to Munchen on Wednesday December 21. Since the schedules are not yet open, I searched on Wednesday December 7, and found these options for 3 people traveling.
Olbernhau-Grünthal 10:38 6:00 3 RB, RE, RE, ICE 67,00 EUR
München Hbf 16:38
Olbernhau-Grünthal 10:38 6:38 2 RB, RE, ALX 60,00 EUR
München Hbf 17:16
Do I understand correctly that I can either book the journey including an ICE train in advance for E67 and be commited to that exact schedule, OR buy the Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket for a weekday, leave anytime after 9am on any local transport for E60.
Are the Quer-durchs-Land-Tickets limited, or may they be bought at the station as you leave?
Do you need to specify the date to be used when purchased, or can a I just buy a ticket and then use any day? I see on the DB webiste that they may be bought in advance, but I am not sure if you need to specify the day to be used at the time of purchase.
Thanks again for your information and expertise!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 2 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 3 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 4 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 5 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 6 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 7 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 8 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 9 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 12 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 13 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 14 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 15 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 16 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 17 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 18 Super Cover For Hertz
- 19 When to Visit Scotland
- 20 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 21 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 22 Amalfi Coast help
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Sicily
- 25 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?