My wife and I are clear on which areas we would like to visit and base ourselves out of on our trip to Germany and Switzerland in the last week of September/first week of October, but need some advice on logistics getting from Bavaria to Bernese Oberland. Our high level itinerary is as follows:
Fly into Salzburg
3 nights in Bertchesgaden
2 nights in Mittenwald
3 nights in Wengen
Fly out of Zurich
Plan to rent car while in Bavaria, but what would be best train(s) to get from Bavaria to Interlaken? Which city in Bavaria would be best to pickup train from as we are flexible in the order of regions I have listed? We prefer least amount of train changes and the overnight train to save a day of sightseeing, convenience is preferred over best price. We could also fly into Munich rather than Salzburg if that worked better.
Also, we understand Ocktoberfest will be happening during these weeks. Should I be concerned about that if we don’t plan to spend much if any time in Munich?
Thanks so much in advice for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 2 Madrird and Seville
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 5 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 6 Greece
- 7 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 8 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 9 Help on ancient history route
- 10 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 11 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 14 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Spain - day driver advice
- 17 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 18 London with Teens Trip Report
- 19 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 20 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 21 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 22 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 23 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 24 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 25 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester