My wife and I are clear on which areas we would like to visit and base ourselves out of on our trip to Germany and Switzerland in the last week of September/first week of October, but need some advice on logistics getting from Bavaria to Bernese Oberland. Our high level itinerary is as follows:
Fly into Salzburg
3 nights in Bertchesgaden
2 nights in Mittenwald
3 nights in Wengen
Fly out of Zurich
Plan to rent car while in Bavaria, but what would be best train(s) to get from Bavaria to Interlaken? Which city in Bavaria would be best to pickup train from as we are flexible in the order of regions I have listed? We prefer least amount of train changes and the overnight train to save a day of sightseeing, convenience is preferred over best price. We could also fly into Munich rather than Salzburg if that worked better.
Also, we understand Ocktoberfest will be happening during these weeks. Should I be concerned about that if we don’t plan to spend much if any time in Munich?
Thanks so much in advice for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 2 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 3 London Restaurants
- 4 Transportation Question Italy
- 5 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 6 Cinqueterre
- 7 Germany deregistration
- 8 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 9 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 10 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 11 One day in Lille, France
- 12 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 13 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 14 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 15 Corsica
- 16 CDG to Marais transfer
- 17 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 18 London best location
- 19 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 20 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 21 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 22 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Train tickets in Italy?
- 25 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...