My wife and I are clear on which areas we would like to visit and base ourselves out of on our trip to Germany and Switzerland in the last week of September/first week of October, but need some advice on logistics getting from Bavaria to Bernese Oberland. Our high level itinerary is as follows:
Fly into Salzburg
3 nights in Bertchesgaden
2 nights in Mittenwald
3 nights in Wengen
Fly out of Zurich
Plan to rent car while in Bavaria, but what would be best train(s) to get from Bavaria to Interlaken? Which city in Bavaria would be best to pickup train from as we are flexible in the order of regions I have listed? We prefer least amount of train changes and the overnight train to save a day of sightseeing, convenience is preferred over best price. We could also fly into Munich rather than Salzburg if that worked better.
Also, we understand Ocktoberfest will be happening during these weeks. Should I be concerned about that if we don’t plan to spend much if any time in Munich?
Thanks so much in advice for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 로하이시스템 ※연결 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 3 London Hotel - Different Request
- 4 Portugal rental car
- 5 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 6 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 7 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 8 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 9 Trastevere Food
- 10 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 11 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 12 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 13 Sim Cards
- 14 3 nights in Madrid
- 15 Nightime Tivoli
- 16 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 17 Travelling Iceland
- 18 Seville to Cordoba
- 19 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 20 IWM
- 21 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 22 Amalfi Coast
- 23 Montserrat Express
- 24 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 25 Any itinerary hints for Prague