There is no word yet as to how border control will now operate in German, especially along some its southern borders, and it may be that other countries will soon follow suit in opting out of the Schengen treaty for some unknown period of time. If nothing else, expect longer lines at passport control entering and exiting airports, and on trains -- and there is now disrupted train service in several parts of Europe.
So watch the news.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 2 car rental
- 3 Munich and....???
- 4 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 7 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 8 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 9 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 14 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 15 Northern Ireland ideas
- 16 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 19 Long weekend in Albania
- 20 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 21 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 22 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 23 scotland itinerary
- 24 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 25 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
Germany "temporarily" suspends Schengen. Follow the news re border checks