There is no word yet as to how border control will now operate in German, especially along some its southern borders, and it may be that other countries will soon follow suit in opting out of the Schengen treaty for some unknown period of time. If nothing else, expect longer lines at passport control entering and exiting airports, and on trains -- and there is now disrupted train service in several parts of Europe.
So watch the news.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 add now: YAHOO MAIL tec^h 1800.570+1233 CONTACT y@hoo 24*7
- 2 SET UP: Te^ch SUPP0RT AOL CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 AOL MAIL
- 3 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 4 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 5 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 6 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 7 International drivers permit
- 8 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 9 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 10 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 11 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 14 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 15 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 16 Naples + Walking Tour
- 17 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 18 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 19 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 20 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 21 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 22 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 23 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 24 TIM in FCO - update
- 25 London GTG May 19-25
Germany "temporarily" suspends Schengen. Follow the news re border checks