There is no word yet as to how border control will now operate in German, especially along some its southern borders, and it may be that other countries will soon follow suit in opting out of the Schengen treaty for some unknown period of time. If nothing else, expect longer lines at passport control entering and exiting airports, and on trains -- and there is now disrupted train service in several parts of Europe.
So watch the news.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 2 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 3 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 4 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 Itinerary help...
- 7 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 8 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 9 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 10 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 11 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 12 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 13 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 14 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 15 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 16 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 17 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 18 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 A week in Paris
- 21 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 22 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 23 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 24 2 week itinery
- 25 Is it still fun to visit Paris?
Germany "temporarily" suspends Schengen. Follow the news re border checks