There is no word yet as to how border control will now operate in German, especially along some its southern borders, and it may be that other countries will soon follow suit in opting out of the Schengen treaty for some unknown period of time. If nothing else, expect longer lines at passport control entering and exiting airports, and on trains -- and there is now disrupted train service in several parts of Europe.
So watch the news.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 2 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 3 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 4 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 5 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 6 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 7 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 8 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 9 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 10 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 11 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 12 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 13 Greece
- 14 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 15 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 16 Spain - day driver advice
- 17 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 18 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 19 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 22 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 23 London with Teens Trip Report
- 24 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 25 RS view on booking.com & the like
Germany "temporarily" suspends Schengen. Follow the news re border checks