I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 2 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 3 England in 7 days
- 4 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 5 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 6 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 7 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 8 Dordogne markets
- 9 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 10 Best means of travel from Prague to Krakow and Krakow to Budapest
- 11 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 12 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 13 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 14 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 15 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 16 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 17 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 18 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 19 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 20 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 21 Rocamaxour
- 22 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 23 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May