I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 2 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 3 Moving to Belfast
- 4 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 5 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 6 Normandy in October
- 7 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 8 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 9 I went to Paris in June
- 10 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 11 Berlin: Itinerary & Acco help pls
- 12 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 13 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 14 Christmas Markets and White Christmas in the Alps
- 15 Last minute opportunity for a 5 week Europe trip: HELP PLS
- 16 Amsterdam: My list of things to do/see is ready - Pls help in daily planning
- 17 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 18 Cinque Terre in early August: Nightmare or still worthwhile?
- 19 Florence Hotel Location advice pls
- 20 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 21 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 22 Venice hotel: Select from the shortlist pls
- 23 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 24 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 25 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country