I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 2 Dordogne lodging
- 3 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 4 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 5 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 6 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 7 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 8 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 9 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 10 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 11 Rocamaxour
- 12 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 13 Dordogne markets
- 14 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 15 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 16 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 17 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 18 northern Portugal
- 19 Is this realistic... advice?
- 20 Potential trip - Balkans
- 21 Making reservations in Italy
- 22 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 23 Euro Quiz #44 - Museum Pourri
- 24 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 25 GPS with rental car in Europe