I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 2 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland
- 3 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 4 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 5 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 6 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 7 4 days in the Yonne (Burgundy) with kids - itinerary suggestions?
- 8 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 9 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 10 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 11 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 12 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 13 France, Italy, Ireland ?
- 14 Please help me give good travel advice
- 15 Berlin hotel convenient by transit to Berlin Messe
- 16 Need Advice for Stuttgart/Munich Area
- 17 Does anyone know how Trenitalia or Trenord list the Vivalto trains?
- 18 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 19 5 minutes to switch in Basel train station
- 20 ideas for Portugal please
- 21 When to buy train tickets to Budapest and Prague from Vienna
- 22 Advice on Euro-Trip Itinerary - Spain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy
- 23 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 24 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 25 Day on the Rhine