I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels that we found special
- 2 Art in Paris
- 3 Rental car while in Ireland
- 4 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 5 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 6 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 7 Too many Trip Reports
- 8 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 9 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 10 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 11 Great London Bars with a view
- 12 I dream of Europe
- 13 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 14 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 15 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 16 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 17 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 18 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 19 Reykjavik hotels
- 20 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 21 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 22 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 23 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 24 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 25 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?