I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 2 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 3 2 full days in Paris
- 4 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 5 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 6 Help with Madrid Location
- 7 Help for San Sebastian
- 8 Venice, just arrived
- 9 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 10 Central London Hotels
- 11 Flybe Airlines from Dublin to Southampton
- 12 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 13 3 days in Rome
- 14 2 Days in Rome
- 15 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 16 where to stay dolomites Italy
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 18 Help with 2 for 1 offers in London
- 19 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 20 Greece with 4 months baby old in September
- 21 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 22 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 23 8 days in Switzerland in October first week
- 24 Belated Paris trip report, May 16-24 2014 part 2: the actual trip
- 25 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.