I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 2 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 3 Douro cruise in last week of November?
- 4 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 5 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 6 Hey Fodor's
- 7 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 8 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 9 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 10 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 11 Advice please...
- 12 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 13 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 14 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 15 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 16 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 17 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 18 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 19 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 20 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 21 Globus Tour Highlights of Britain & Ireland
- 22 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?
- 23 Ireland Bus tours
- 24 Bus Tour/Ireland
- 25 Best Ireland Trip Ever - help!!!