I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 2 Three ferries to Mull
- 3 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 4 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 5 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 6 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 9 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 10 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 12 French Basque region
- 13 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 14 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 15 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 16 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 17 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 18 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 19 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 20 Story of the German Christmas star
- 21 Airport ATMs
- 22 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 23 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 24 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 25 American Express