I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 2 Stay away from EF Tours
- 3 Theater in London
- 4 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 5 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 6 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 7 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 8 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 9 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 10 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 11 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 12 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 13 Trip Report: What can you say about Greece?
- 14 Firenze Card OR Amici Degli Uffizi Card??
- 15 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 16 Advise for travelling to Eastern Europe(including Balkans)
- 17 Trip Report & Tips for Greece (Nafplio, Santorini, Naxos, & Athens)
- 18 Balkan Tour Operators?
- 19 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 20 Visiting Amsterdam, Brussels and Bruges
- 21 tuscany wine tours and transfers
- 22 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 23 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 24 December honeymoon in Europe
- 25 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?