I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 best to buy euros in US, at airport casio, or bank in Brussels?
- 2 November or October for Andalucia/Portugal?
- 3 Spain 2 beach locations
- 4 Belleau Woods from Paris
- 5 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 6 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 7 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 8 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 9 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 10 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 11 Cinque Terre or Amalfi Coast?
- 12 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 13 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 14 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 15 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 16 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 17 Apartments in Rome you have rented and liked
- 18 Question about Tallinin and Riga.
- 19 Driving from San Sebastian to La Rioja to Bilbao
- 20 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 21 German Wings
- 22 Dublin International Airport / Customs / Connecting to LONDON
- 23 Bologna Restaurants
- 24 Mediterranean/Provence, February - March 2016
- 25 A week in Sicily doable or not?