I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 2 Need help with itinerary
- 3 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 4 How much luggage?????
- 5 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 6 Paris Marais, Montmartre and fairies wheel
- 7 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 8 Catalunya Pyrenees Itinerary
- 9 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 11 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 12 Advice for returning rental car to Florence airport
- 13 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 14 Terrorism in Europe
- 15 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 16 London GTG late September?
- 17 From Seville to Faro, Portugal and back to Seville on a rental car
- 18 eateries in Puglia
- 19 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 20 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 21 100 years of French gratitude
- 22 Bringing Wine Home From France
- 23 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 24 Help with France itinerary
- 25 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata