I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay away from EF Tours
- 2 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 3 How do you find French food?
- 4 where to stay in Germany
- 5 Iceland for 2.5 weeks till mid october : Advice please
- 6 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 7 going to italy
- 8 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 9 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 10 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 11 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 12 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 13 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 14 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 15 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 16 Fine with a rental car in Italy
- 17 Rentals car in Italy: FAQ
- 18 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 19 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 20 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 21 10 days in England
- 22 Help! Apartment near Parc de Passy or near Rue de Commerce!?
- 23 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 24 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 25 Ayasofya Hotel