I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 2 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 5 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 6 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 7 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 8 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 9 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 10 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 11 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 12 France, Italy and Greec
- 13 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 14 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 15 Air pollution in Paris
- 16 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 17 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 18 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 19 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 20 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 21 Naxos in May
- 22 Belfast to Scotland help
- 23 20 days in Germany
- 24 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 25 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City