I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best base for Cinque Terre, Portofino, Rapallo?
- 2 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 3 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 4 First real time in France- 10 nights
- 5 When to buy train tickets to Budapest and Prague from Vienna
- 6 DCC on the increase?
- 7 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 8 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 9 London for 18th bday
- 10 Travel throught Europe
- 11 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 12 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 13 Day on the Rhine
- 14 Italian Lakes + Switzerland
- 15 Spa in Scotland
- 16 Car Rentals in Athens
- 17 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 18 Greece for a month with a baby
- 19 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 20 Transportation in Paris
- 21 Venice, then ?, then Munich
- 22 Exploring W, S and SE with minimal backtracking
- 23 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 24 Choosing a Parmegiano Reggiano Dairy Farm to Visit
- 25 Cooking Holidays Valencia