I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens/Istanbul March
- 2 French open
- 3 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 4 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 7 Azores
- 8 Trains in Italy
- 9 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 10 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 11 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 12 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 13 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 14 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 15 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 16 England and Scotland
- 17 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 18 Air pollution in Paris
- 19 tulips in the Netherland
- 20 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 21 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 22 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 23 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 24 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 25 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia