Europe Forums

Start a new topic Change Forum
Advanced search

Germany student visa to tourist visa

I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.

No Replies |Back to top

| Add a Reply

Sign in to comment.

Recent Activity

View all Europe activity »
  1. 1 Trip Report A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
  2. 2 Trip Report Peggy does Deutschland...
  3. 3 Trip Report Norway 2014
  4. 4 Trip Report July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
  5. 5 London restaurants
  6. 6 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
  7. 7 Istanbul water
  8. 8 Madrid: City Views
  9. 9 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
  10. 10 Barcelona at night? Single female...
  11. 11 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
  12. 12 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
  13. 13 Day Trips from Nice
  14. 14 Siena Favorites?
  15. 15 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
  16. 16 biking in France
  17. 17 using airbnb for the first time...
  18. 18 Help - road trip from Munich to Bruges
  19. 19 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
  20. 20 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
  21. 21 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
  22. 22 Help with France itinerary
  23. 23 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
  24. 24 Swiss Air seat assignments
View next 25 » Back to the top