I'm a Canadian who is currently studying in Germany right now, my student visa will expired on July 30, 2013. I plan to go traveling a bit after my graduation with my friend and thinking of leaving Schengen area beginning of September or end of August. I went to city hall in my town where I receive my student visa and ask if I can fly to UK and come back to Germany to switch from student visa to tourist, the staff basically told me to extend my visa which I will need to pay for 80 euro for one year, with insurance document paper, blocked account and letter of enrollment from school. since I will only stay for 1 extra month only, I think it is a bit expensive to do so. My question is that If I want to travel a bit, is it possible to fly to UK and stay for couple days then fly back to Germany to get an entry stamp and switch from student visa to tourist visa? or which European country would best to do so as I also want to travel a bit in Italy as well to visit my friends. If anyone can provide any suggestion that will be wonderful.
Germany student visa to tourist visa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 2 First Trip to Europe
- 3 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 4 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 5 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 6 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 7 Globus Tours
- 8 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 9 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 10 London hotel tax is 20%
- 11 ITALY
- 12 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 13 Help for San Sebastian
- 14 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 15 Royal Opera House question?
- 16 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 17 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 18 3 days in Rome
- 19 Please help with itinerary...
- 20 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 21 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 22 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 23 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 24 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 25 Piedmont - Scenic Drive