We will be driving the Romantic Road in Germany this September. We are relatively flexible with our time (ie no pre booked accommodation, which has never been an issue for us before). We will pick the car up in Frankfurt and then drive the Romantic Road and finish in Munich, before possibly driving to Salzburg..
The advice I am hoping for includes...
*Places to visit on the RR (or via a detour) that aren't necessarily listed on every tourist website
*Any accom / restaurant recommendations
*Any tips for driving in Europe in general
*How long to allow for this leg of our trip... is a week long enough? Too long?
*Any pitfalls on the RR that the tourism websites don't mention
Thanks in advance
Germany - Romantic Road itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 2 Nice or Marseille??
- 3 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 4 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 5 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 6 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 7 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 8 Dresden or Leipzig
- 9 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 10 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 11 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 12 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 13 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 14 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 15 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 18 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 19 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 20 Air pollution in Paris
- 21 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 22 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 23 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 24 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 25 20 days in Germany