We will be driving the Romantic Road in Germany this September. We are relatively flexible with our time (ie no pre booked accommodation, which has never been an issue for us before). We will pick the car up in Frankfurt and then drive the Romantic Road and finish in Munich, before possibly driving to Salzburg..
The advice I am hoping for includes...
*Places to visit on the RR (or via a detour) that aren't necessarily listed on every tourist website
*Any accom / restaurant recommendations
*Any tips for driving in Europe in general
*How long to allow for this leg of our trip... is a week long enough? Too long?
*Any pitfalls on the RR that the tourism websites don't mention
Thanks in advance
Germany - Romantic Road itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 2 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 3 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 4 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 5 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 6 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 7 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 8 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 9 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 10 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 11 Pronunciation
- 12 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 13 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 14 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 15 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 16 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 17 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 18 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 19 best time to book accommodation
- 20 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 21 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 22 London visit
- 23 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 24 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 25 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?