We will be driving the Romantic Road in Germany this September. We are relatively flexible with our time (ie no pre booked accommodation, which has never been an issue for us before). We will pick the car up in Frankfurt and then drive the Romantic Road and finish in Munich, before possibly driving to Salzburg..
The advice I am hoping for includes...
*Places to visit on the RR (or via a detour) that aren't necessarily listed on every tourist website
*Any accom / restaurant recommendations
*Any tips for driving in Europe in general
*How long to allow for this leg of our trip... is a week long enough? Too long?
*Any pitfalls on the RR that the tourism websites don't mention
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome for a week
- 2 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 3 Train from Lille to Delft
- 4 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 5 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 6 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 7 Hostel Advice
- 8 Holiday in Europe
- 9 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 10 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 11 First Time Europe Trip
- 12 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 13 Amalfi or Positano
- 14 trip to Italy
- 15 particularly just headquartered on the great
- 16 2 weeks in Prague
- 17 student in denmark
- 18 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 19 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 20 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 21 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 22 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 23 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 24 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 25 Spain/France/Italy/UK