We will be driving the Romantic Road in Germany this September. We are relatively flexible with our time (ie no pre booked accommodation, which has never been an issue for us before). We will pick the car up in Frankfurt and then drive the Romantic Road and finish in Munich, before possibly driving to Salzburg..
The advice I am hoping for includes...
*Places to visit on the RR (or via a detour) that aren't necessarily listed on every tourist website
*Any accom / restaurant recommendations
*Any tips for driving in Europe in general
*How long to allow for this leg of our trip... is a week long enough? Too long?
*Any pitfalls on the RR that the tourism websites don't mention
Thanks in advance
Germany - Romantic Road itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 2 Wengen to Torino?
- 3 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 4 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 5 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 6 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 7 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 8 England & Scotland in April
- 9 Rome Areas to stay
- 10 Transport in Venice
- 11 In France, French Summer Camps For Kids
- 12 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 13 Review of Air France A380 Premium Economy
- 14 Kimhe--flamenco
- 15 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 16 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 17 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 18 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 19 St Germain
- 20 Lakes District UK
- 21 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 22 Santorini Airfare - what's a good deal (generally/historically)?
- 23 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 24 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 25 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March