We will be driving the Romantic Road in Germany this September. We are relatively flexible with our time (ie no pre booked accommodation, which has never been an issue for us before). We will pick the car up in Frankfurt and then drive the Romantic Road and finish in Munich, before possibly driving to Salzburg..
The advice I am hoping for includes...
*Places to visit on the RR (or via a detour) that aren't necessarily listed on every tourist website
*Any accom / restaurant recommendations
*Any tips for driving in Europe in general
*How long to allow for this leg of our trip... is a week long enough? Too long?
*Any pitfalls on the RR that the tourism websites don't mention
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beer trip around Belgium...anyone interested/got any advice?
- 2 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 3 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 4 Verona Restaurant senza glutine menu or menu per celiaci
- 5 buying Eruos in advance
- 6 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 7 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 8 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 9 Norway by motorhome
- 10 Train Travel: Paris to Boppard Germany
- 11 Perugia Italy driving
- 12 booking the ferry from Salerno to Positano
- 13 Itinerary Help: Granada or Madrid??
- 14 8 days in Ireland. Dublin to Shannon.
- 15 COBH to BUNRATTY TRAIN?
- 16 Alhambra - July Afternoon tickets: Audioguide Q + Planning the afternoon
- 17 Paris Metro Question
- 18 Storage of extra luggage
- 19 taxi at the CDG airport
- 20 Taking wine home from France
- 21 Traveling alone to France, Netherlands and Germany!
- 22 Burgundy beyond wine-france
- 23 Lazio - Where to spend 2 days ?
- 24 Monte Faito cable car (near Sorrento)
- 25 Italy-Switz family of 6: June 2015