We will be driving the Romantic Road in Germany this September. We are relatively flexible with our time (ie no pre booked accommodation, which has never been an issue for us before). We will pick the car up in Frankfurt and then drive the Romantic Road and finish in Munich, before possibly driving to Salzburg..
The advice I am hoping for includes...
*Places to visit on the RR (or via a detour) that aren't necessarily listed on every tourist website
*Any accom / restaurant recommendations
*Any tips for driving in Europe in general
*How long to allow for this leg of our trip... is a week long enough? Too long?
*Any pitfalls on the RR that the tourism websites don't mention
Thanks in advance
Germany - Romantic Road itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 2 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 3 Paris and where else?
- 4 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 5 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 6 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 7 Internet or travel agent?
- 8 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 9 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 10 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 11 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 12 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 13 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 14 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 15 Christmas windows in Paris
- 16 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 17 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 18 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 19 Autumn in Paris
- 20 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 21 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 22 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 23 Raining in rome
- 24 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 25 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?