We will be driving the Romantic Road in Germany this September. We are relatively flexible with our time (ie no pre booked accommodation, which has never been an issue for us before). We will pick the car up in Frankfurt and then drive the Romantic Road and finish in Munich, before possibly driving to Salzburg..
The advice I am hoping for includes...
*Places to visit on the RR (or via a detour) that aren't necessarily listed on every tourist website
*Any accom / restaurant recommendations
*Any tips for driving in Europe in general
*How long to allow for this leg of our trip... is a week long enough? Too long?
*Any pitfalls on the RR that the tourism websites don't mention
Thanks in advance
Germany - Romantic Road itinerary
- 1 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 2 Planning a holiday
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 5 Gogartys, Dublin
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 8 Europe with young teens
- 9 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 10 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 11 15 days in Europe,
- 12 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 13 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 14 Advises for trip to Russia
- 15 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 16 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 17 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 18 Prague - must see
- 19 Sicily 10 days
- 20 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 21 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 22 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 23 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 24 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 25 Portugal in September