We will be driving the Romantic Road in Germany this September. We are relatively flexible with our time (ie no pre booked accommodation, which has never been an issue for us before). We will pick the car up in Frankfurt and then drive the Romantic Road and finish in Munich, before possibly driving to Salzburg..
The advice I am hoping for includes...
*Places to visit on the RR (or via a detour) that aren't necessarily listed on every tourist website
*Any accom / restaurant recommendations
*Any tips for driving in Europe in general
*How long to allow for this leg of our trip... is a week long enough? Too long?
*Any pitfalls on the RR that the tourism websites don't mention
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 2 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 3 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 8 Apartment Montreux area
- 9 Rome or Venice first
- 10 Europe First Timers
- 11 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 12 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 13 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 14 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 Safety in Rome
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 An evening in London
- 19 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 20 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 21 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 22 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 23 Chur or St Moritz?
- 24 Itinerary review: Croatia/Italy
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia