We will be driving the Romantic Road in Germany this September. We are relatively flexible with our time (ie no pre booked accommodation, which has never been an issue for us before). We will pick the car up in Frankfurt and then drive the Romantic Road and finish in Munich, before possibly driving to Salzburg..
The advice I am hoping for includes...
*Places to visit on the RR (or via a detour) that aren't necessarily listed on every tourist website
*Any accom / restaurant recommendations
*Any tips for driving in Europe in general
*How long to allow for this leg of our trip... is a week long enough? Too long?
*Any pitfalls on the RR that the tourism websites don't mention
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Athens and Cyclades
- 2 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 3 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 4 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 5 italy in ll days and what to see
- 6 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 7 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 8 Amsterdam vs. France
- 9 Hamman Baths Granada
- 10 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 11 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 12 First time in Italy
- 13 Where to stay in Dijon, France
- 14 What about Basque Country?
- 15 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 16 Dolomites October 14-18
- 17 Austria to Itlay road trip
- 18 Edinburgh airport taxi recos?
- 19 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 20 Ireland ToDo
- 21 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 22 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 23 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 24 Norway Itinerary
- 25 Alhambra Guide