We will be driving the Romantic Road in Germany this September. We are relatively flexible with our time (ie no pre booked accommodation, which has never been an issue for us before). We will pick the car up in Frankfurt and then drive the Romantic Road and finish in Munich, before possibly driving to Salzburg..
The advice I am hoping for includes...
*Places to visit on the RR (or via a detour) that aren't necessarily listed on every tourist website
*Any accom / restaurant recommendations
*Any tips for driving in Europe in general
*How long to allow for this leg of our trip... is a week long enough? Too long?
*Any pitfalls on the RR that the tourism websites don't mention
Thanks in advance
Germany - Romantic Road itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 2 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 3 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 4 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 5 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 6 France,Spain,Italy
- 7 Scotland November 2015
- 8 Which european city?
- 9 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 10 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 11 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 12 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 13 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 14 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 15 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 16 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 17 VISA question
- 18 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 19 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 20 Schengen Visa Rules
- 21 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 22 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 23 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 N Ireland / Ireland driving