We will be driving the Romantic Road in Germany this September. We are relatively flexible with our time (ie no pre booked accommodation, which has never been an issue for us before). We will pick the car up in Frankfurt and then drive the Romantic Road and finish in Munich, before possibly driving to Salzburg..
The advice I am hoping for includes...
*Places to visit on the RR (or via a detour) that aren't necessarily listed on every tourist website
*Any accom / restaurant recommendations
*Any tips for driving in Europe in general
*How long to allow for this leg of our trip... is a week long enough? Too long?
*Any pitfalls on the RR that the tourism websites don't mention
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 2 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 3 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 4 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 5 ATM
- 6 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 7 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 8 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 9 London 6 day itinerary
- 10 London Hotel - Different Request
- 11 Portugal rental car
- 12 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 13 Iceland trip report!
- 14 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 15 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 16 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 17 3 nights in Madrid
- 18 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 19 alcazar question and seville advice
- 20 Bernese Oberland
- 21 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 22 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 23 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 24 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 25 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands