I'm planning on traveling trough the listed countries starting late October, for a month. I understand It'll be cold, I'm fine with that, and there are less daylight hours. I'm an illustrator and I am really looking forward to museums, galleries, shows and other indoor things once it gets dark in the day.
I need some advice on travelling through that region this time of year, it was a spur of the moment decision to go a year realer than planned, but I kind of regret not realizing this at least a month earlier. Is it reasonable to explore this part of Europe at this time of year or would it be a waste?
I appreciate all the help,
Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria - October/November
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 3 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 4 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 5 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 6 A full week in The Netherlands
- 7 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 8 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 9 Itinerary Questions
- 10 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 11 the crown capital management news How to Make Holiday Shopping Safe
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 16 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 17 Lake como
- 18 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 19 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 20 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 21 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 24 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 25 best beach hotel Mykonos