My husband and I will be flying into Frankfurt on Wednesday, July 16th, and will stay in Frankfurt until the 22nd for a convention. After that, our itinerary is completely open. We plan to stay in Germany until we fly out on the 28th, but we can fly out of another airport if that makes sense due to where we travel to during those days. I would love to see Berlin, but we are open to any suggestions. We are not sure whether we will be renting a car (we've driven before in Europe,) or we will be using trains. We like to see castles and museums, but what we love most is just drinking in the ambiance of the places we visit. One must-see thing, though, would be to visit at least one concentration camp. Any suggestions would be MONUMENTALLY appreciated. Thank you!
Germany Itinerary Ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small group for Colosseum
- 2 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 3 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 4 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 5 Three days in Spain
- 6 Monet in Normandy
- 7 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 8 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 9 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 10 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 11 London visit
- 12 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 13 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 14 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 15 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 16 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 17 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 18 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 19 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 20 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 21 21 Days in Central Europe
- 22 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 23 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 24 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 25 best time to book accommodation